ADVERTISEMENT

**** EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga 2021-22 Thread ****

ESPN+ gives you so much more.

I will just watch Bundesliga instead.
I have Peacock for free w/my Comcast subscription.

ESPN+ doesn’t give you EPL. Out of the question that I’d give that up.

Still BS what NBC/Peacock is doing though.

I have Peacock for free w/my Comcast subscription.

ESPN+ doesn’t give you EPL. Out of the question that I’d give that up.

Still BS what NBC/Peacock is doing though.

ESPN+ gives you about everything else though. La Liga, Bundesliga, Eredevise, etc. Plus MLS and FA Cup

ESPN+ gives you about everything else though. La Liga, Bundesliga, Eredevise, etc. Plus MLS and FA Cup
I realize that and I don't begrudge anyone that prefers those leagues. I just have no interest in them outside of their participation in European competitions.

I realize that and I don't begrudge anyone that prefers those leagues. I just have no interest in them outside of their participation in European competitions.

I wonder what % of their subscriptions are EPL people?

Kinda like Paramount and the Champions League.

One can only do so much streaming lol.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Kansas City and Real Salt Lake in MLS Playoffs on ABC at 2 PM, baby. Then Philadelphia Union vs Nashville on ESPN in prime time, followed by Tampa Bay Rowdies at Orange County in the USL Championship Final.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
Surprising EPL stat:

• Only 4 teams (unsurprisingly the Top 4 - Chelsea, Liverpool, City & West Ham) in the entire Premier League have a positive goal differential thru 13 matches. Everyone else is negative or 0.
EPL Table

Thata kind of not surprising. Its wayyyy top heavy.
That’s another reason why I’m not interested in most top tier European leagues. The only EPL seasons I’ve gotten into recently were when Leicester City won it all, and two years back when they were top 3 most of the season and Liverpool ended their drought.

Of course it’s surprising.

Top heavy has nothing to do w/it.

Aggggh Nevermind. I expect this sort of nonsensical anti-EPL rhetoric from Menace…but not from other people!

I like the EPL. I just dont think its that special relative to the Bundesliga, etc. All these clubs get players from all over the world.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Of course it’s surprising.

Top heavy has nothing to do w/it.

Aggggh Nevermind. I expect this sort of nonsensical anti-EPL rhetoric from Menace…but not from other people!
Certainly don’t hate it. But FC St. Pauli currently leading Bundesliga 2 is the best, and most surprising, story in European soccer. Between that, Fulham leading the Championship, following Champions League on the side, and some wildly entertaining MLS Playoffs, I’ve got less time for non-competitive domestic leagues.

As opposed to the Republican playbook: Cry about being called racist, then get caught doing racist shit.

This is who you people are. The same story, week after week. American Conservatives are scum, BAU...

I think it's all about to get shutdown again...hope I'm wrong. :mad: 😢

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59673150

The UK has recorded the highest number of daily Covid-19 cases since the beginning of the pandemic, with 78,610 reported on Wednesday.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/chelsea-premier-league-covid-outbreak-22480547
Chelsea become latest Premier League club to be struck by Covid-19 as players test positive

This sucks. Right as the Festive Period is about to get great!
It's like Shakespearean times when the entertainment districts would shut down for months on end when the plague hit high enough numbers.

Don't usually follow women's soccer all that closely but I will make an exception for this.

A pitch invader got laid out by Chelsea's Sam Kerr.

She got a yellow card for that too. Not sure why.

• Haha
Villa/Burnley called off 2 hours before kickoff today.

Wonder if Arsenal/Leeds kicks off at all, or if they just scrap the whole season now until after New Year’s?

https://www.espn.com/soccer/tottenh...om-europa-conference-league-after-uefa-ruling

"The Chairman of the UEFA Appeals Body took the following decision: to declare the UEFA Europa Conference League group stage match between Tottenham Hotspur FC and Stade Rennais FC, that was initially scheduled to be played on 9 December 2021, as forfeited by Tottenham Hotspur FC, who is therefore deemed to have lost the match 0-3."

The verdict means Spurs are eliminated from the competition as they needed a win from their last fixture to finish in second place and force a playoff for a place in the first knockout round. Eredivisie side Vitesse Arnhem finished second to Rennes in the group.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...it-breaker-after-meeting-over-covid-outbreaks

Premier League clubs decide against circuit breaker after meeting over Covid outbreaks​

Premier League clubs have decided to maintain the schedule as planned where possible, while the league confirms 84 per cent of players are "on the vaccination journey"; EFL and Carabao Cup to continue 'where safe to do so'; FA Cup third and fourth-round replays scrapped

Burnley vs Everton Premier League match postponed due to Covid-19 outbreak and injuries in Everton squad​

Everton had an initial request to postpone the game rejected on Thursday despite boss Rafael Benitez claiming he only had nine outfield players fit; Liverpool vs Leeds and Watford vs Wolves have already been called off
===================
3rd one to be called off...

Me no likey.

ADVERTISEMENT