ADVERTISEMENT

**** EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga 2021-22 Thread ****

Bit of a shocker here that Chicago got FC Koln’s starting LCB from the Bundesliga side, and for a non-DP money over an extended time. Good move by the Fire to replace Calvo. Czichos has turned down Saudi Arabia (where he was born) in case Germany ever calls. Sounds like he’s been in camp with Germany, but never made the squad…

Pepi is coming on for his FC Augsburg debut against Chris Richards’ Hoffenheim! Also now on is Chicago Fire target Niederlechner.

As a USMNT team fan of both FC St Pauli and Fulham, it’s been a great last week, culminating in my happiest day since Fulham knocked out Juventus on a Dempsey goal in the Europa League quarters ten years ago:

Hopefully they give me an excuse to go to a game. I've been wanting to give them my money for years
This. Didn’t go to one last year for the first time ever in their history besides the pandemic interrupted season. Slonina will be gone after this season too, most likely (he’s the most valuable U-19 goalkeeper in the world according to Transfermarket) so that’s a motivator as well.

ATTN: @LesClaypool

If Taylor Twellman is reporting this, then it is likely legit. He has sources still within the Revs. Too bad for Matt he's having to step down to a club like Arsenal ( I kid, I kid ;)). Seriously though, it would be great to see. We might have four Americans starting next season at the big five clubs: Chelsea (two), Manchester City, and Arsenal...

Last edited:
ATTN: @LesClaypool

If Taylor Twellman is reporting this, then it is likely legit. He has sources still within the Revs. Too bad for Matt he's having to step down to a club like Arsenal ( I kid, I kid ;)). Seriously though, it would be great to see. We might have four Americans starting next season at the big five clubs: Chelsea (two), Manchester City, and Arsenal...

I doubt Dest would start over Reece James or Ben Chillwell. There is interest in him this season because both are hurt. And Pulisic starts some games but he's not a first choice attacker either.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Ugh. Yeah. Just finished watching it. Bit of a hangover game after knocking out Dortmund. I’m petitioning ESPN+ to stop showing FCSP this season. They’ve shown two games, and they have been our two biggest gut punch losses (yet the dbags there kept the biggest win in St. Pauli history on ESPN3).

Anyways, enjoy it. The Freebooters will just beat your Hamburg boys in the Bundesliga next season. ;)

Ugh. Yeah. Just finished watching it. Bit of a hangover game after knocking out Dortmund. I’m petitioning ESPN+ to stop showing FCSP this season. They’ve shown two games, and they have been our two biggest gut punch losses (yet the dbags there kept the biggest win in St. Pauli history on ESPN3).

Anyways, enjoy it. The Freebooters will just beat your Hamburg boys in the Bundesliga next season. ;)

This is the only happiness I've had from this team since they've been relegated. Probably the most frustrating out of all the teams I follow. I'm fully prepared for them to be in 2nd or 3rd place in the final weeks and find a way to finish 4th and miss out on promotion again.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
@jaxhawk06 Did you hear that line from the commentator in the Fulham match?: Fulham’s results have turned looking at their Championship results into reading a tennis score. 😂
Well, that ended sadly. RIP Mr. Parish 🙁

In happier news, Fulham’s closest challengers are about to lose their best playmaker (a former England U-20 and League Trophy winner) to…Chicago Fire:

Just saw this. Mason Greenwood one of the most promising young talents in soccer has been arrested for several crimes including rape and sexual assault. Man U has suspended him.

I would say his career appears to be over.

There appears to be an audio recording released as evidence. Obviously there is a content warning with this recording.

Last edited:
Holy crap. CBS is showing both PSG-Real Madrid tomorrow, and Inter-Liverpool Wednesday live on the main network. 🤯

CONCACAF Champions League starts tomorrow night on FS2.

Reactions: Dorrman
Want to get deep into strategy? Read all 9 posts in the original thread here ... the equivalent of trying to disrupt the FT shooter ... :)

I was watching that game and thought Azpi was going to take the Pen and was wondering if that was really the right decision. Jorginiho usually takes our Pens but he wasn't in the match. So I had no idea who was going to take it but Dave would have been a strange choice.

Arsenal player who is currently loaned out to Middlesboro. I don't know a lot about him

no-michael-scott.gif

Mark my words if Woody Johnson gets his hands on Chelsea they will be relegated in 5 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT