ADVERTISEMENT

**** EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga 2022-23 Thread ****

What an awesome day for Leeds America. Adams wrecked Chelsea's play in the midfield. Aaronson scored and was everywhere. Jesse pulled all the right strings. Fantastic!

Pulisic seemed to be a great link and was able to move the ball positively only for dudes to lose it. If I am Pulisic, I want out.

Leeds sit 2nd on the table... it's super early but how cool is that?

What an awesome day for Leeds America. Adams wrecked Chelsea's play in the midfield. Aaronson scored and was everywhere. Jesse pulled all the right strings. Fantastic!

Pulisic seemed to be a great link and was able to move the ball positively only for dudes to lose it. If I am Pulisic, I want out.

I bet if you ask Pulisic he can’t get out fast enough.

And Aaronsen assisted the second on a free kick while former NCAA and NYCFC product Jack Harrison scored the third. Their fans have dubbed them “Major Leeds Soccer” 😆.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
And Aaronsen assisted the second on a free kick while former NCAA and NYCFC product Jack Harrison scored the third. Their fans have dubbed them “Major Leeds Soccer” 😆.

Haven't heard that. Awesome...

Also, awesome that college programs can start to point to the success guys are having overseas and on the national team.

The curious case of Matt Hoppe... went from nobody to a scoring machine and into USMNT games... to disappearing from the scoring column in Europe and the USMNT roster all within the past year. See he's signed to play in the 2nd tier in England. Hope the fresh surrounding will give him success.

The curious case of Matt Hoppe... went from nobody to a scoring machine and into USMNT games... to disappearing from the scoring column in Europe and the USMNT roster all within the past year. See he's signed to play in the 2nd tier in England. Hope the fresh surrounding will give him success.

Hoppe playing for Middlebrough's U21 today

IMO the #9 dilemma hasn’t been easier for GGB in the last 18 months than it is now

Sargent and Pefok have got to get the bulk of the minutes and I think Ferreira deserves the benefit of the doubt to be on the plane over Hajji Wright. I don’t even remotely see a case for anyone else.

I don’t know if you use the September friendlies to let them top group play together or to feature your guys on the margins to help make the last few picks. Unless/until things radically change (with a transfer this week), I’m thinking you probably have to give Dest, Pulisic and Reyna at least 60 minutes against a real life opponent. I feel like you can just leave Adams, Weston, and Aaronson to just have the week off.

IMO the #9 dilemma hasn’t been easier for GGB in the last 18 months than it is now

Sargent and Pefok have got to get the bulk of the minutes and I think Ferreira deserves the benefit of the doubt to be on the plane over Hajji Wright. I don’t even remotely see a case for anyone else.

I don’t know if you use the September friendlies to let them top group play together or to feature your guys on the margins to help make the last few picks. Unless/until things radically change (with a transfer this week), I’m thinking you probably have to give Dest, Pulisic and Reyna at least 60 minutes against a real life opponent. I feel like you can just leave Adams, Weston, and Aaronson to just have the week off.

I still don't trust Sargent but Pefok for sure.

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye
Bummer Leeds lost today. Had some clear chances. Was hoping JM would have kept Aaronson in and dropped Rodrigo. I thought he had a very poor game. Still, Leeds fans have to feel way better.

Bummer Leeds lost today. Had some clear chances. Was hoping JM would have kept Aaronson in and dropped Rodrigo. I thought he had a very poor game. Still, Leeds fans have to feel way better.

Sucks that’s it’s true but unless Aaronson scored then there would have been criticism that he left the American youngster on and took off the Spanish vet.

Sucks that’s it’s true but unless Aaronson scored then there would have been criticism that he left the American youngster on and took off the Spanish vet.

While I normally 100% would agree with you, Rodrigo did nothing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He was only noticible in the game because of how poorly he played. Aaronson made things happen still.

And boom Thomas Tuchel out at Chelsea.

Kind of surprised that this happened so fast, thought he would get til at least the World Cup to turn things around especially after the new owners backed him big in the transfer window.

Kind of surprised that this happened so fast, thought he would get til at least the World Cup to turn things around especially after the new owners backed him big in the transfer window.

This is absurd.

#FreePulisic

Reactions: dgordo
This is absurd.

I'm honestly wondering if there wasn't some relationship issues going on behind the scenes.

First of all Tuchel got let go from PSG because of relationship issues with the front office. So it's not like it's out of character for him.

Secondly the team wasn't playing hard. The whole team save for like Thiago Silva seemed to be lackadaisical in their play.

Third Tuchel spent 100 million on Lukaku, and their relationship failed mightily and he sent him packing on loan. Not saying there wasn't some fault on Lukaku's end of that but I think part of it is on Tuchel to make it work.

Lastly Tuchel in interviews had been doing a lot of finger pointing and throwing his team under the bus.

Honestly I think his intensity grated on players until they all just stopped responding. I remember last year they where beating Norwich 4 - 0 at that point and would finish the match winning 6 - 0 but despite being 4 goals ahead he was still up yelling at players. If the manager is still yelling at you despite a 4 goal lead you might come to the conclusion that he is impossible to please.

Based on results I think he should have gotten a little longer. But if the relationships where broken you could see where it might be a problem.

I know it's not part of the subject line of this thread but I am really stoked for the Open Cup Final tonight.
Who cares if its not part of the subject line? Glad you mentioned it. I was in a class and caught the end. Fantastic run through the competition by Sacramento Republic, and props to an emphatic first title for the Lions of Orlando City.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT