ADVERTISEMENT

Epoch Times CFO Charged In $67M Money Laundering Scandal Shaking Conservative “Media” In Canada

Epoch people are literally cultists.

I know the Chicoms hate Falun Gong, but I’ve never actually heard what is bad about it articulated by anyone.
Is there something that makes it insidious besides being viewed as a threat to Chicom social control?

The Epoch Times has ties to Falun Gong, a Chinese spiritual movement, and was founded in 2000 to counter Chinese Communist Party propaganda. The media company now operates in 35 countries and in 22 languages, according to its website.

——-

The persecution of Falun Gong is the campaign initiated in 1999 by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) to eliminate the spiritual practice of Falun Gong in China, maintaining a doctrine of state atheism.[1] It is characterized by a multifaceted propaganda campaign, a program of enforced ideological conversion and re-education and reportedly a variety of extralegal coercive measures such as arbitrary arrests, forced labor and physical torture, sometimes resulting in death.[2]

Falun Gong is a modern qigong discipline combining slow-moving exercises and meditation with a moral philosophy. It was founded by Li Hongzhi, who introduced it to the public in May 1992 in Changchun, Jilin. Following a period of rapid growth in the 1990s, the CCP launched a campaign to "eradicate" Falun Gong on 20 July 1999.[3]

The Chinese government had alleged that Falun Gong was an "evil cult" or "heretical sect" and had used that official rationale to justify to ban and eliminate the movement.[4][5][6] An extra-constitutional body called the 6-10 Office was created to lead the persecution of Falun Gong.
[7]

I know the Chicoms hate Falun Gong, but I’ve never actually heard what is bad about it articulated by anyone.
Is there something that makes it insidious besides being viewed as a threat to Chicom social control?

The Epoch Times has ties to Falun Gong, a Chinese spiritual movement, and was founded in 2000 to counter Chinese Communist Party propaganda. The media company now operates in 35 countries and in 22 languages, according to its website.

——-

The persecution of Falun Gong is the campaign initiated in 1999 by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) to eliminate the spiritual practice of Falun Gong in China, maintaining a doctrine of state atheism.[1] It is characterized by a multifaceted propaganda campaign, a program of enforced ideological conversion and re-education and reportedly a variety of extralegal coercive measures such as arbitrary arrests, forced labor and physical torture, sometimes resulting in death.[2]

Falun Gong is a modern qigong discipline combining slow-moving exercises and meditation with a moral philosophy. It was founded by Li Hongzhi, who introduced it to the public in May 1992 in Changchun, Jilin. Following a period of rapid growth in the 1990s, the CCP launched a campaign to "eradicate" Falun Gong on 20 July 1999.[3]

The Chinese government had alleged that Falun Gong was an "evil cult" or "heretical sect" and had used that official rationale to justify to ban and eliminate the movement.[4][5][6] An extra-constitutional body called the 6-10 Office was created to lead the persecution of Falun Gong.
[7]

Lulz. You "haven't heard" huh?

Reactions: HawkMD
Lulz. You "haven't heard" huh?
Do you have any clue what the belief system is for it?

Does it have a guy who walked on water and came back from the dead?
Are they waiting for a UFO?

I have no clue what distinguishes this cult besides seeing CNN stories about the Chicoms cracking down on them years ago.

Anybody here think they know what it is about?

I have no clue what distinguishes this cult besides seeing CNN stories about the Chicoms cracking down on them years ago.

Star Trek Wow GIF

Falun Gong was an organization in China that wasn't the CCP. That's why it was banned.

The tldr ftom the article:

Epoch Times was taken over majority ownership by a Conservative hedge fund think-tank operation. It was then used as a front for welfare and unemployment fraud. They printed and dumped tons of papers and claimed print and online subscriptions as a way to launder the fake unemployment claims. Went from a $15m/yr operation to a $70m/yr one almost overnight. That kind of stuck out to regulators since newspapers aren't really a growth oriented business model these days.

Reactions: lucas80
You mean, other than money laundering and operating a crazy fake news service to deceive people?

Epoch Times was founded in 2000, so yeah, I’m wondering about the ‘religion’ itself, and why the Chicoms started cracking down on it in 1999.

What about it is so fearsome to Chicom leadership that they’ve sent so many of these people to ‘re-education camps’ or tortured them to death?

I’m guessing by your response you have no clue what they profess either.

You mean, other than money laundering and operating a crazy fake news service to deceive people?

He's being purposefully obtuse. He's constantly posting walls of text with references on all manner of subjects, yet would like us to believe that this subject is somehow a blind-spot for him that has made him forget he's on the internet(while repeating it's relationship to the CCP over and over).

Obvious troll is obvious.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
He's being purposefully obtuse. He's constantly posting walls of text with references on all manner of subjects, yet would like us to believe that this subject is somehow a blind-spot for him that has made him forget he's on the internet(while repeating it's relationship to the CCP over and over).

Obvious troll is obvious.

What I said is, I’ve seen stories like this one from CNN:

Similar laws in China have been used to go after Falun Gong practitioners, which Beijing denounces as an "evil cult" that "preaches heretical fallacies that are anti-humanity and anti-science" through the control of people's minds.

Falun Gong practitioners reject these charges and maintain they have been unfairly targeted and suppressed by the Chinese authorities. Thousands of Falun Gong practitioners are believed to be held "at various prisons and extralegal detention centers" in mainland China, according to Washington-based rights group Freedom House -- an accusation Beijing also denies.

but aside from nebulous opposition to the Chicoms I’ve never seen the religion/cult/whatevah tenets discussed?

Have you?

Saying, ‘I don’t know about this, what do you know?’ could only be seen as trolling by someone who was projecting. Your contributions in the thread make that clear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT