ADVERTISEMENT

Eppy

I O WUH

Scout Team
Apr 9, 2015
I saw where AJ was dressed for the game yesterday. Did not get any tackles, anyone know if he got game time?

He had 17 snaps in the Bill/Dolphins game and looked okay. Hard to get significant playing time with the depth Buffalo has at D-line as well as no preseason for Eppy to get used to the speed of the game. Doesn't seem uncommon across the league for rookies to be limited on the defensive line. He's a little undersized and doesn't really do any one thing great, does a lot of things well. I have faith in him. As a Bills fan, they will need him. Can never have enough pass rushing disrupters ona team.

He had 17 snaps in the Bill/Dolphins game and looked okay. Hard to get significant playing time with the depth Buffalo has at D-line as well as no preseason for Eppy to get used to the speed of the game. Doesn't seem uncommon across the league for rookies to be limited on the defensive line. He's a little undersized and doesn't really do any one thing great, does a lot of things well. I have faith in him. As a Bills fan, they will need him. Can never have enough pass rushing disrupters ona team.
A number of the League's top DE's are listed as shorter and/or lighter in weight. AJ needs to get stronger - cannot rely purely on natural talent against these guys.

I'm sure he's working on it though. Would love to see him become an unblockable pass-rusher.

Reactions: pink shizzle
He probably should have come back this year, used the free year, then played again next year for Iowa. His stock would be through the roof in 2 years and he'd be far more ready for the NFL

His issue wasn’t readiness, it was athleticism/speed. Maybe that would have gotten better at Iowa but it will also get better with NFL strength and conditioning while making good money.

Should have come back. D-Line would have been the best in the B1G. Oh well, he’s rich, bitch.

Maybe. He's 2 games into his NFL career. As others have said, Bills probably would have given him tons of snaps in the pre-season. No one can ever take away that second-round signing bonus money, that's his going forward. Would he have improved his draft stock with another year? Maybe. In his 2nd NFL game he got 17 snaps. He is part of a very deep d-line group with the Bills, so he has to earn time on the field.

Gross-Matos from Penn State is also a second round draft pick and he has 1 tackle in 2 games. Ross Blackcock was taken between Gross-Matos and Epenesa and he has 1 assisted tackle, and was active in only 1 of the first 2 games for the Texans. Marlon Davidson, a DT for the Falcons also taken in the 2nd round, hasn't yet played in a game due to injuries. Darrell Taylor of the Seahawks, also a 2nd round pick, hasn't played yet due to a broken leg he got before the season. Raekwon Davis, the DT, was taken right after Epenesa to the Dolphins. He started a game and has played in both games. He has a few stats. The point is that the 2nd round picks on the DL for 2020 haven't made a big impact.

ADVERTISEMENT