ADVERTISEMENT

Equality

Frankly I am more offended by the prescription drug commercials. I have the Skyrizzi song in my head.

If we lived in a civilized country with standards there would be no prescription drug ads.
Not the same thing but over winter break my 8 & 12 year old spent a lot of time with my parents - now they have the Colonial Penn commercial memorized with the 3 P's..

Reactions: JRHawk2003
Lol. Such a false narrative. I'd say you're better than that but you're not. The students haven't gone to bball for 20-25 years. I'm not sure why. I doubt it's because of a stupid slogan on the back of a jersey. We've had the worst student section in the conference for as long as I can remember. This is the same kind of shit you guys were complaining about in football when the players were going to take a knee, and nobody was going to buy season tickets. It's not a love it leave it scenario. I like the product, and I like our players, and it's a team that plays it's ass off this year. If the slogan on a back of the jersey keeps you home I don't know what to tell you.

Speaking of false narratives. Your post is full of them.

I never said the cause was because of a slogan on a jersey.

I'm simply saying that for a program that alraedy struggles to bring in fans, a flippant attitude towards fans isn't the best approach to fix it.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
Speaking of false narratives. Your post is full of them.

I never said the cause was because of a slogan on a jersey.

I'm simply saying that for a program that alraedy struggles to bring in fans, a flippant attitude towards fans isn't the best approach to fix it.
So you're saying that on the back of the jersey is being flippant towards the fans? Or am I not reading you right? I'd hate to misrepresent you.

Then don’t support it. Pretty simple. I can tell you’re a guy that’s outraged by pretty small things.
Like I said, moderately annoyed more than offended but Madhouse makes a good point about using public schools, in any way, for public politicization. When they are in uniform they are the public image of the University. Wokie left politics will not endear the U to people that already find left wing academics offensive and dangerous, the source of most of the University's money. On the other hand, muzzle the wokies and you alienate the increasingly smaller numbers, and thus increasingly crucial, Democrat enclaves in Iowa, and hurt morale among the 100% left wing employees of the University. Both sides will want a public fight, damaging the University and sowing dissension in the team. Either way is a no-win way to wind it down.

That is why it's better for nonpolitical institutions, and especially commercial operations, to be simply quiet about anything divisive. Publicly traded enterprises should be especially nonpartisan because so many people are forced to buy their stock by virtue of simply investing in large pension or equity funds that control the purchasing decisions.​

Last edited:
Reactions: dean_oliver222
All the other nonsense in this thread aside, I figured I must not be the only person who wishes they'd get rid of the slogan on the uniform. I'm certainly not offended by the slogan. As far as social slogans go, "equality" is as harmless as it gets. I just don't think there should be any permanent slogans on uniforms... certainly nothing that really stands out like this one does. It makes the back of the uniforms look cluttered and clunky. It's distracting. Fran and the players made their point. I don't know of any other American sports teams still doing this (to this degree). Get rid of it.

The only thing that bothers me about the "Equality" on the jerseys is Josh Dix's is completely uncentered and aligned to the left. Whoever put them on the jerseys should be fired for incompetence

• Haha
Reactions: Max_Rebo
I love it! We should all be reminded to treat everyone the same every chance we get. Maybe the people who don’t like it, aren’t being honest with themselves, and they don’t truly believe in equality.
Lmao an absolutely delusional comment 🤦🏻‍♂️ Treating people with respect is not synonymous without equality. Should I consider it disrespectful that Jeff Horner got an Iowa scholarship offer back in 1999 and not me? No. We aren't equal in nature... inequality is a reality in nature. The best we can do is ensure equality under the law. The US has successfully done that, and we don't need a bunch of 18-22 year old brats telling us we haven't.

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT