ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN 590 Omaha – – Husker homers

hawkeyefan76

HB All-State
Aug 22, 2002
I agree with the post that a.m. 590 has been good to the Hawkeyes up to this point. The announcers have been running the hocks down recently, which is no surprise. The bottom line is that no one in husker nation can understand why the beloved Cornhuskers are so bad!

They will never admit that they are not a force of the big 10. The announcers pretty much have to talk badly about everyone except Nebraska! I have noticed the better anyone in the west does, the more negatively that team is talked about.

The bottom line is that if you want to hear talk about the Hawkeyes, don't listen to any radio station In omaha.

The good news is The discussion about who is the better team will be settled on the field.

Keep in mind, all husker fans live in the past!

Go Hawks!

I agree with the post that a.m. 590 has been good to the Hawkeyes up to this point. The announcers have been running the hocks down recently, which is no surprise. The bottom line is that no one in husker nation can understand why the beloved Cornhuskers are so bad!

They will never admit that they are not a force of the big 10. The announcers pretty much have to talk badly about everyone except Nebraska! I have noticed the better anyone in the west does, the more negatively that team is talked about.

The bottom line is that if you want to hear talk about the Hawkeyes, don't listen to any radio station In omaha.

The good news is The discussion about who is the better team will be settled on the field.

Keep in mind, all husker fans live in the past!

Go Hawks!
Not necessarily true I just listen to 15 minutes of John Miller Great interview let him explain things talked about the article the disrespect we seem to be getting from a man's position and then they agreed for the most part very well done all on 590

What do you expect? All local sports radio stations in Nebraska are Husker homers and gloat over Nebraska and downplay a lot of other schools. I am used to it and don't expect anything else. Nothing to get all worked up over...

What do you expect? All local sports radio stations in Nebraska are Husker homers and gloat over Nebraska and downplay a lot of other schools. I am used to it and don't expect anything else. Nothing to get all worked up over...
Their Simpsons all right, so is the Wierd Herald, but just know the suicide rate goes up 15% everytime the fuskers lose in Nebbyland. I heard on a call - in show that one guy actually said Nebraska will win the West and the B10 championship game. CrayCray

A Nebraska radio station 60 miles from Lincoln touts Nebraska over Iowa? Do they have any idea who their audience is? shameful.

I want local radio guys to be homers. Good for them. They can pump the Huskers for the BTTG all they want.

I caught about a 20 minute segment on the Hawks yesterday from 590. Thought it was quite fair actually.

93.7 The Ticket in Lincoln takes being homers to a new level, it's sometimes laughable. They are catering to their audience though, so no issues with it.

The three games left Iowa could lose:

@ Indiana: Look like they are on the verge of breaking through... just hopefully not against the Hawks

Minny: While they can't move the ball, weather could play a factor late in the year and the Hawks could lose an ugly one

@ Nebraska: Rather would of had them early on the schedule, under a first year head coach... Also, they are dangerously close to being undefeated, they have lost 4 games by 11 points. As much as I dislike their mascot, the state, the people, the culture, their history, their politics, Nebraska is the best team left on our schedule and the Hawks get them on the road. They will have a full year of transition behind them and they will be playing like they have nothing to lose.

Rooting for a perfect season but @ Nebraska looks like a nightmare. If they lose, it will appear to be a bad loss, when in fact it isn't. If they win, it will not be acknowledged as a good win, when in fact it is.

Sucks to live there. Good news is you can listen to anything else anytime you want.
Why get worked up over a local station's homerism?

Not really sure what you're expecting from any of the Omaha stations or papers. Did you just move here? This isn't new.

It would actually benefit Iowa to have Nebraska beat MSU, but at the same time it would be nice to have Nebraska drop one to know they are pretty much out of the West race with 3 L's. Indiana does concern me as Kevin Wilson says they are close, Sudfeld is having a career year, and Indiana gets a bye before Iowa. Plus Iowa has generally played bad in Bloomington under KF.

A Nebraska radio station 60 miles from Lincoln touts Nebraska over Iowa? Do they have any idea who their audience is? shameful.

Get out a map and study some geography. While Omaha is obviously in their wheelhouse, the area contains a great number of Iowa fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT