ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN article contradicts Morrow's post

CP84

HR Heisman
Sep 10, 2013
"After a while, I start firing back. I definitely gave him an F-bomb, like, 'F you, who are you?'" Morrow said. "We're going back and forth. I never said anything racial but it was definitely a verbal altercation, we got face-to-face. That's when he said, 'F--- you, I'll send your ass back to Glenville.' He was insinuating that he'd send me back to where he would always joke about -- the hood, the ghetto. That's what he would always say."

Now it's "insinuating" the ghetto.

Also shed some light on his behavior that preceded Doyle's statement and why he was likely suspended.

Glad we're finally starting to see both sides of the story.

Last edited:
"After a while, I start firing back. I definitely gave him an F-bomb, like, 'F you, who are you?'" Morrow said. "We're going back and forth. I never said anything racial but it was definitely a verbal altercation, we got face-to-face. That's when he said, 'F--- you, I'll send your ass back to Glenville.' He was insinuating that he'd send me back to where he would always joke about -- the hood, the ghetto. That's what he would always say."

Also shed some light on his behavior that preceded the Doyle's statement and why he was likely suspended.

Wow, that huge. Insurance guy seems to have a lot of hate from his time at Iowa and he’s just using this to get back.

link?

The worst part Morrow can point to is Doyle giving him a hard time for being too soft for the metro school because Morrow went to the Catholic school.

Tacky, yes, but I've heard far worse in the Iowa wrestling room.

"Morrow said Doyle was referring to Glenville High School in Cleveland, Morrow's hometown and a football power. Morrow knew many Glenville players but attended St. Edward, an all-boys Catholic school in Lakewood, Ohio. He said Doyle often told him he wasn't tough enough to go to Glenville, and made other remarks about the school and another inner-city school, Ginn Academy."

"'What do you got to do to go to Ginn Academy? Not have any [prior arrests]?' That's verbatim what [Doyle] said," Morrow said. "He said, 'Ginn Academy, not any priors, because you guys went to Glenville, the school with the real criminals.'"

Reactions: Mountain Man Hawk

Also shed some light on his behavior that preceded the Doyle's statement and why he was likely suspended.

So he's throwing Fbombs at a coach. He's probably lucky Doyle didn't rip his arms off! Seriously, at any D1 there is always going to be some level of "do it our way". Many of these complaints seem to come from guys, (including Mr. Wadley), who just didn't want to get with the program early in their careers. It was well known that Wadley wasn't putting in the work in Doyle's personal for each player strength and nutrition program, which is the main reason he didn't play a lot early on. Lets face it, in Iowa's build em up system, Doyle is the watchdog, the guy who makes it happen. Its no wonder, much of this has come back on him.

Doyle may have plenty of cause for a wrongful termination suit.

He's likely a hard ass, which led to a lot of the complaints, but he had no serious formal credible complaints. Some of the Twitter stories are already changing when being interviewed.

He's likely had a great track record of reviews from Kirk. Tough to say without his contract details but making decisions on anecdotes, after the fact via Twitter is not ideal.

Doyle may even have a case for defamation against Morrow. He accused Doyle of saying something he now claims he never did.

Definitely an issue but I think as a coach in today’s society it’s like Kirk said demanding not demeaning. Really tough to know that exact line and this somewhat helps Doyle in one way but you can see where there were inferences from Doyle that Morrow could see as coded too.

The last part seems to cross that line;

He said, 'Ginn Academy, not any priors, because you guys went to Glenville, the school with the real criminals.'"

The problem is that’s 12 years ago now. Is this still the same behavior? Maybe?

Wow. This was the most damning accusation and you can throw it on the burn pile as far as I’m concerned. The guy racially supercharged his tweet in all caps and then contradicted himself entirely. He is just a malcontent and not credible. Goes to show you can’t take the twitter mob feeding frenzy at face value.

I’d like to see the stats behind the random drug testing. It seems like there should be records retained on who was tested and when.

Definitely an issue but I think as a coach in today’s society it’s like Kirk said demanding not demeaning. Really tough to know that exact line and this somewhat helps Doyle in one way but you can see where there were inferences from Doyle that Morrow could see as coded too.

The last part seems to cross that line;

He said, 'Ginn Academy, not any priors, because you guys went to Glenville, the school with the real criminals.'"

The problem is that’s 12 years ago now. Is this still the same behavior? Maybe?

It's pretty weak as far as I'm concerned. Yes the comments about Glenville and Ginn could be seen as racially coded.

The problem here is he took two separate events and connected it to look worse.

Last edited:
It's pretty weak as far as I'm concerned. Yes the comments about Glenville and Ginn could be seen as rscially coded.

The problem here is he took two separate events and connected it to look worse.

I somewhat agree, I’m just saying you can see how Morrow took it too even though that’s not what Doyle said and that Doyle could have handled that better too as a leader of men. I see two wrongs here coach and player — not uncommon though in highly charged male athletics.

More and more I'm leaning to Kirk's strict rule such as dress code, conduct, no Twitter l, etc; plus Doyle being an enforcer of those rules, have been misconstrued as racism.

I'm sure Kirk's rules could be viewed as overbearing and I'm sure that the coaches can be bullies. I also doubt this is isolated to Iowa.

The worst offending coach LeBron Daniel referenced, left here and ended up at Nebraska.

The reason this all came out now was likely due to the emotions of the last week and trying to relate.

I'm sure Kirk was opposed to kneeling previously. That issue seemed to spark James Daniels and a few initially saying "they don't want to have that conversation."

Then other transfer players piled on with more petty comments. For example, it was implied KF was racist for telling one to turn the music down in the parking lot.

He's likely a hard ass, which led to a lot of the complaints, but he had no serious formal credible complaints. Some of the Twitter stories are already changing when being interviewed.

He's likely had a great track record of reviews from Kirk. Tough to say without his contract details but making decisions on anecdotes, after the fact via Twitter is not ideal.

Doyle may even have a case for defamation against Morrow. He accused Doyle of saying something he now claims he never did.

defamation could certainly be in play when this is all said and done. This is going to get interesting.

CP - I don’t know if you post on CF but as I said in a different thread with all this “unfair” punishment against blacks allegations how do people explain Brady Reiff (white, of age, public intoxication, trying to take Uber) vs Wirfs (black, underage, OWI with 2 people on a scooter). And both got 1 game. Clearly unfair punishment to the white athlete compared to the black athlete.

Reactions: BigDelHawk and CP84

Aaaaaaaaaaand that's why you take these complaints to Kirk before running to social media.

I'm not even jumping on the Jack Kallenberger bandwagon without all the facts.

Sure it's possible he had such debilitating ADHD that he couldn't pass class. I've also seen guys with 4s and 5s on their Wonderlic scores graduate.

It's very possible he was a big screw off and they ripped him for it.

Perhaps that's why Doyle said pick up a book instead of a movie.

If anything, this Morrow falsehood should show us to be patient until we have all the facts. It's easy for sharks to pile on the wounded whale.

I'm not even jumping on the Jack Kallenberger bandwagon without all the facts.

Sure it's possible he had such debilitating ADHD that he couldn't pass class. I've also seen guys with 4s and 5s on their Wonderlic scores graduate.

It's very possible he was a big screw off and they ripped him for it.

Perhaps that's why Doyle said pick up a book instead of a movie.

If anything, this Morrow falsehood should show us to be patient until we have all the facts. It's easy for sharks to pile on the wounded whale.

That is the problem with technology and then cancel culture. The wonders of tech make society used to things being accomplished immediately. There’s no patience.

There are some improvements to make as we can get better. The kids are doing a fantastic job and showing how strong and united they are. There’s room for growth still - don’t lose sight of that.

Even so, it's disappointing the way this all was handled and the fact we've had days of bad PR.

The same players who said they respect Kirk, didn't give him the chance to address before hitting Twitter.

Jaleel Johnson put "lol" in many of his comments ripping the staff. It's like they weren't aware of the consequences until they saw Kinnick get vandalized. Then they did a 180.

Even so, it's disappointing the way this all was handled and the fact we've had days of bad PR.

The same players who said they respect Kirk, didn't give him the chance to address before hitting Twitter.

Jaleel Johnson put "lol" in many of his comments ripping the staff. It's like they weren't aware of the consequences until they saw Kinnick get vandalized. Then they did a 180.
And then..."oh no not kinnick!"

They don't think before they take to social media. Nor do they realize the potential ramifications of their very public comments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT