ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Bracketology, Updated MARCH 13. IOWA is a 5 Seed in CHICAGO Regional. Bracket Matrix on MARCH 13 has IOWA a 5 Seed. #14 NET Ranking on March 13

They aren't that far away from being good, or at least approaching what they were last year. Big thing is they need to play and get some cohesion. Aside from having Clark play like the 20-21 version. I can't imagine she will shoot 25% from 3-point land and 38% FG's overall. She's a volume shooter, and last year she made over 40% of her 3's. This year, she's taking nearly 10 3's a game and hitting only 25% of them. That puts a huge drag on the offense. Bluder has a track record of getting her teams to come together. Hope they can do it again this year.
Wrong thread buddy

They aren't that far away from being good, or at least approaching what they were last year. Big thing is they need to play and get some cohesion. Aside from having Clark play like the 20-21 version. I can't imagine she will shoot 25% from 3-point land and 38% FG's overall. She's a volume shooter, and last year she made over 40% of her 3's. This year, she's taking nearly 10 3's a game and hitting only 25% of them. That puts a huge drag on the offense. Bluder has a track record of getting her teams to come together. Hope they can do it again this year.
This is for the men.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Your not helping the hysterical narrative.

We have some big games coming up, where all of these teams are fighting to make the Big Dance. We could win all 3, but that will be a tall order.

* Jan 13 home game vs projected #9 seed Indiana (11-3, 2-2)

* Jan 16 away game vs projected #10 seed Minnesota (10-2, 1-2; has one of the last 4 byes)

* Jan 19 at Rutgers (8-5, 2-1). They knocked off #1 ranked (at the time) Purdue at home, of course. @MrsScrew

How many wins does Iowa have vs teams projected in tournament?
I don’t know, but our 4 loses are against projected tourney teams that we lost to on the road and 3 of those are rated in the top 25. The 4th, Illinois, is atop the Big and likely will be ranked this week.

I don’t know, but our 4 loses are against projected tourney teams that we lost to on the road and 3 of those are rated in the top 25. The 4th, Illinois, is atop the Big and likely will be ranked this week.
I just can’t comprehend how we can be viewed as a tournament team when we haven’t beaten a projected tournament team. At some point don’t you have to have good wins on resume?

and I really am not trying to be negative, just the logic doesn’t add up for me

I just can’t comprehend how we can be viewed as a tournament team when we haven’t beaten a projected tournament team. At some point don’t you have to have good wins on resume?

and I really am not trying to be negative, just the logic doesn’t add up for me
I get it, but you have to look forward as much as you look back to project. I think the error in your thinking is that we haven’t yet faced a projected tourney team we are supposed to beat. We have beaten all the teams we should, including #60 Virginia and #61 Utah State (on the road, no less)per Kenpom. Making the NCAAs is more about not having bad losses than it is about beating top 25 teams on the road.

I get it, but you have to look forward as much as you look back to project. I think the error in your thinking is that we haven’t yet faced a projected tourney team we are supposed to beat. We have beaten all the teams we should, including #60 Virginia and #61 Utah State (on the road, no less)per Kenpom. Making the NCAAs is more about not having bad losses than it is about beating top 25 teams on the road.
Neutral site isn’t road

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Ill was at cha...they'll dominate as long as cockburn is allowed to play football instead of basketball!

As of January 11, 6:00 am CT :

Minnesota is one of the FIRST 4 OUT.

Michigan is part of the NEXT 4 OUT.

7 B1G teams are in.

Seed/Team:
2 Purdue
3 Michigan State
4 Illinois
4 Wisconsin
5 Ohio State
8 Indiana
9 IOWA

The Full Bracket:

The bracketologist's projections about Iowa continue to seem overly optimistic.

If the Hawks end this month with 5 league wins I'll think more of their chances to make the tourney. Until them I'm still skeptical.

As of January 14, 7:00 am CT :

Minnesota, our opponent in 2 days, is ON THE BUBBLE and is one of the LAST 4 IN, which means they would play in a play in game.

Michigan is part of the NEXT 4 OUT.

8 B1G teams are in.

Seed/Team:
3 Purdue
3 Wisconsin
4 Michigan State
5 Illinois
6 Ohio State
7 IOWA
8 Indiana
12 Minnesota (LAST 4 IN, which means they would play in a play in game)

The Full Bracket:

If we lose the next 2, we are back with climbing out of a huge hole. 2-5 is almost as bad as 1-4.

Looking at the remaining schedule. I think a 20 wins is doable, which I think almost always gets you into the NCAA. I just want them to find a way OFF that damn 8/9 line. 7 seed or 6 seed would be excellent for this young team.

Here's my remaining games and road to 20 wins. Not counting on any B1G tourney wins...we all know our history there.

@MN. W
@Rutgers. L
PSU. W
Purdue. L
@PSU. W
@OSU. L
MN. W
@Maryland. L
Neb. W
Mich. W
MSU. L
@Neb. W
NW. W
@Mich. L
@IL. L

20-11

If we lose the next 2, we are back with climbing out of a huge hole. 2-5 is almost as bad as 1-4.
It’s really not a hole if you lose on the road. It’s expected. I know people like to focus on wins and loses but you really have to look at where the game is played. It’s like par in golf.

Reactions: truehawkfan45
It will never happen because it seems we’ll always be slotted in the 7/10, but I would much rather get an 11 seed versus getting a 7,8,9, or 10. This team definitely has the talent and makeup to reach the sweet 16 by beating a 5 and 4 seed. 2 seed? Don’t think so.

Reactions: BDinIC
It’s really not a hole if you lose on the road. It’s expected. I know people like to focus on wins and loses but you really have to look at where the game is played. It’s like par in golf.

what's your gut say about our next 2 games: at Minnesota and at Rutgers.

no right or wrong answer, obviously.

personally, i think it's gonna be tough to win at either place. I will take going 1-1 :)

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I think Minnesota is very winnable. We always play well there and they’ve lost 3 in a row. Rutgers is playing well and a much tougher out. And we don’t match up well with their size inside. Plus, Harper always goes off on us. I’d de take 1-1.
what's your gut say about our next 2 games: at Minnesota and at Rutgers.

no right or wrong answer, obviously.

personally, i think it's gonna be tough to win at either place. I will take going 1-1 :)

Reactions: Franisdaman
Keep winning at home.

The 4 point home loss to Illinois (87-83) still stings.

If we had rebounded, we would have won that game.

Instead, Illinois had:

* +29 rebounding advantage (52-23)

* 19 offensive rebounds

* 24 second chance points

And Illinois is currently sitting on top of the B1G at 6-0. If we had won this home game, Illinois would be 5-1 and Iowa would be 3-2.

I haven’t watched many college games this year so I don’t know what the competition is. But this team hasn’t passed the eye test for me to be a tournament team yet. That can change with a lot of Big Ten wins, but I don’t see us getting in right now with the weak ass schedule in non-con.

ADVERTISEMENT