ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Bracketology, Updated MARCH 13. IOWA is a 5 Seed in CHICAGO Regional. Bracket Matrix on MARCH 13 has IOWA a 5 Seed. #14 NET Ranking on March 13

A good job of asking the conf tournament results subject and decent answer.

Starting at the point in the video with that question:

Last edited:
Oh for sure I agree. If this was about getting the best bracket then today would be the last day for games and they would have tomorrow to get a complete picture. But the TV execs are more concerned with having games leading up to their show.

I don’t know that you can really assess a team properly until all the team sheet stats have updated. The committee isn’t going to have access to Iowa’s kenpom, NET, etc. because margin of victory matters in those stats.

Will Iowa's NET and KenPom rankings really change all that much between Saturday night and Sunday?

Team Ranking Today, March 12:

IOWA...........#14 NET, #13 KenPom

I moved Iowa up to a 5 today. It was between Iowa, Alabama, Texas, and LSU. Frankly Iowa is just a better team. However, they will be a 6 with a loss today. It’s that close.

FNqFNDnWYAAihp9

The assistant head of the selection committee just said that all the seeds will be locked in by tonight. So I guess nothing that happens in any of the games tomorrow will make any difference. I don't know if any of the mid-majors will be playing tomorrow, but I guess no matter who wins those games, the seeds are already assigned to them.

Reactions: ssckelley
The assistant head of the selection committee just said that all the seeds will be locked in by tonight. So I guess nothing that happens in any of the games tomorrow will make any difference. I don't know if any of the mid-majors will be playing tomorrow, but I guess no matter who wins those games, the seeds are already assigned to them.

Yep, tomorrows games will have no impact on the seedings unless it's a team getting an AQ that they had out of the tournament. Even for those teams they have placeholders.

interesting

As of 5:19 pm CT

NOTE that he has Iowa knocking on the door for a #4 seed.

He has these 9 B1G teams in the NCAA Tournament:

Seed/Team:
2 Purdue
3 Wisconsin
4 Illinois
5 IOWA
7 Ohio State
7 Michigan State
11 Rutgers (LAST 4 BYES)
11 Indiana (LAST 4 BYES)
12 Michigan (LAST 4 IN; in a play in game)

FNr4RC_VgAAguO7

I'm not an expert by any means, but that seems dumb. So I Iowa beats Purdue by 20... That doesn't move the needle? Even if they are still on the 5 line, they change the pecking order on the 5.

Reactions: Mohawkeye

Yep, tomorrows games will have no impact on the seedings unless it's a team getting an AQ that they had out of the tournament. Even for those teams they have placeholders.

That's ****ing dumb. And lazy

I don’t think Iowa gets a 3 seed but is it really out of question? Iowa had
while I don’t think Iowa gets a 3 seed it isn’t out of question? Iowa was a 2 seed last year and finished 22-9 overall and 14-6 in BIG10 play. This years team isn’t far behind those numbers and is playing better basketball to end the year. The field has more parity this year too IMO.

First this is lazy crap by the committee. There is only a handful of games tomorrow seems alternate brackets could be created.

Second, UCLA as the 4 to our 5 seed placement would be an awful draw. Jueng is just getting healthy, they are a very dangerous tournament experienced team with both bigs and athletic guards. One of the few matchups I don’t want to see.

Second, UCLA as the 4 to our 5 seed placement would be an awful draw. Jueng is just getting healthy, they are a very dangerous tournament experienced team with both bigs and athletic guards. One of the few matchups I don’t want to see.
Athletic Pac 12 teams are rarely good for Iowa in either basketball or football. I'd really rather not have Iowa facing Oregon, part 2 in the second round.

First this is lazy crap by the committee. There is only a handful of games tomorrow seems alternate brackets could be created.

are you watching UCLA/Arizona now?

ugh; that would be a tough 4/5 match up

Yes. Didn’t realize they almost all of last years team back and added Myles Johnson. Jueng been hurt all year but looks 100% now. Jacquez was also hurt for a long period and now back.

• Wow
Reactions: Franisdaman
I don’t think Iowa gets a 3 seed but is it really out of question? Iowa had

while I don’t think Iowa gets a 3 seed it isn’t out of question? Iowa was a 2 seed last year and finished 22-9 overall and 14-6 in BIG10 play. This years team isn’t far behind those numbers and is playing better basketball to end the year. The field has more parity this year too IMO.
Yes it’s out of the question. None of this is happening in a vacuum. Iowa is behind teams who have better wins. They aren’t going to all of a sudden leap frog them because they won a bunch of Q2 games.

That’s not taking anything away from Iowa. They’ve been one of the hottest teams around the last 6 weeks or so. But the entirety of the season is taken into consideration, not just the slice of time iowa happened to get hot.

I consider getting a 5 seed a god damned coaching miracle this year. Best coaching job by Fran by a very large margin.

Change the outcome of very winnable 4 games and then we are talking that 2-3 seed range. I’m just happy that we aren’t in a “March situation.”

I agree it is, If Iowa was to win tomorrow they’d finish 26-9. A Big Ten team with that record shouldn’t that just won the BTT shouldn’t be on the 5 line.

ADVERTISEMENT