ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Fires Samantha Ponder and RGIII

Ya know…when my kids used to ask me questions about how the world worked, my stock answer was “money”.

Now maybe that seems cynical, but goodness knows it rings true.

Why weren’t the Cubs able to repeat the magic of 2016?

Why did the NFL Sunday Ticket move to YouTube? Why will more Big Ten content be on Peacock?

Why are there more reality-based shows on TV vs scripted dramas?

Perhaps Ponder was a financial liability because of her men-in-women’s-sports takes as well as other reasons?

At this point, who are you going to get mad at? A giant media conglomerate for protecting their larger investment? Those of us who think the “men-in-women’s-sports” is complicated and has nuance?

Sometimes it pays to take off the tin foil hat and just accept the reality. Money talks. Bullshit walks.

RGIII had been demoted months ago and knew this was coming for him but her? I bet this is the reason!

Ponder has been outspoken on social media speaking out against transgender athletes competing in women’s sports.
They were probably mad about this photo. NTTAWT.

GUit2fIWcAA9Ok2

Reactions: Bonerfarts
Ponder is hot, but wasn’t good at her actual job. So, she wound up just being your standard easy to look at on air talent who didn’t bring much substance. This is standard cost cutting. Nothing more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT