ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN - Good PR for Iowa

thewop

HR Legend
Jun 27, 2002
I dislike ESPN as much as the next guy, but I know good PR when I see it:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20744480/iowa-hawkeyes-hospital-wave
i

As I stated before, it is great publicity for the university and the football team. However, the waving looks lame. I think they should have something in the upper- east stands that puffs up some black and gold smoke, maybe a balloon release or a small fire works display that the kids would enjoy and would look good on the tube. Even raising a banner would work.

As I stated before, it is great publicity for the university and the football team. However, the waving looks lame. I think they should have something in the upper- east stands that puffs up some black and gold smoke, maybe a balloon release or a small fire works display that the kids would enjoy and would look good on the tube. Even raising a banner would work.
Cards under the seats that you hold up that spells something.

I think the wave itself is simple and to the point.....lets just a let a good thing remain a simple good thing

It a really cool gesture but I wish it wasn't something they had to announce on the PA.

Can't it just a natural event each week?

I'm guessing it will be the "Panchero's Wave" soon. Gotta get that sponsor money.

Reactions: YanksNHawks4ever
It a really cool gesture but I wish it wasn't something they had to announce on the PA.

Can't it just a natural event each week?

I'm guessing it will be the "Panchero's Wave" soon. Gotta get that sponsor money.
If they try to sponser it, I honestly hope it dies. I dont think they will...just a big if

Quit complicating a great idea/jesture. Those kids and parents have their signs up the whole first half,
In anticipation of the few minutes of a wave. It's only going to happen 7 times.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Not giving that cesspool of a station any clicks, so not sure when written, but if it's recent(say in the last couple days), I'm sure they are trying to pump up our big prime time game against an overrated team to get eyeballs! F espn and F psu!!

Not giving that cesspool of a station any clicks, so not sure when written, but if it's recent(say in the last couple days), I'm sure they are trying to pump up our big prime time game against an overrated team to get eyeballs! F espn and F psu!!

Wow, yer cool! Great time to make a stand! Who the heck wants to read a couple sob stories about a few kids with cancer, anyway. That's ESPN for ya, taking advantage of a really neat thing at the University of Iowa for their own benefit. Buncha pr!cks.

Wow, yer cool! Great time to make a stand! Who the heck wants to read a couple sob stories about a few kids with cancer, anyway. That's ESPN for ya, taking advantage of a really neat thing at the University of Iowa for their own benefit. Buncha pr!cks.
Thanks for making my point for me! Where was this article game 1?

This "tradition" is nothing but a wonderful gesture. It's a great thing and nothing else. There is no downside.

Reactions: Pepperman
Thanks for making my point for me! Where was this article game 1?

This article comes out 2 days after the first Iowa home game broadcast on an ESPN network, you knucklehead. They probably heard about it after the first game, then made an effort to cover it extensively during their broadcast and had their people conduct those interviews while they were in town for it.

You obviously hate ESPN (and probably life itself), but this wasn't the place for your posturing. You look like a schmuck.

This article comes out 2 days after the first Iowa home game broadcast on an ESPN network, you knucklehead. They probably heard about it after the first game, then made an effort to cover it extensively during their broadcast and had their people conduct those interviews while they were in town for it.

You obviously hate ESPN (and probably life itself), but this wasn't the place for your posturing. You look like a schmuck.
Knucklehead and schmuck! Boy you put me in my place! Hate espn for sure, but life no way. Stick up for that hateful company all you want. Love the new tradition! The children's hospital is a great part of the university and all Hawk fans should be proud, still doesn't mean I should applaud espn for being two weeks late to the show. If it was so newsworthy they could have found a way to get it in there, it just wasn't part of their agenda until this week.

Keep it a simple wave.

However, it needs to be a slow, whole arm wave to be more visible.

If everyone could do it in unison, it would look incredible.

You're right. We should flip them the bird. Much more edgy.

Reactions: naturalmwa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT