ADVERTISEMENT

ESPNs Baseball Coverage Sucks

Mar 14, 2003
I’ve said this before, but this tournament has so much potential. You have ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNews, SEC, SEC Overflow, ACC, and even ESPN Classic. All of these should have games on them if there is a game being played. This whip around coverage or only two networks actually showing a game is ridiculous. It’s also ridiculous how they choose games to broadcast. It’s like they draw from a hat. If you’re going to limit it, zero excuse why the two or three networks you use can’t be more regionalized for the games.

I left ESPN off as I know they have the WCWS on.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Here is the schedule for all the winner-take-all games today:

11:00 AM: Mississippi State vs. Campbell (ESPNU)
12:00 PM: Southern Mississippi vs. Mississippi (ESPN2)
3:00 PM: Oregon State vs. Dallas Baptist (ESPNU)
6:00 PM: Old Dominion vs. Virginia (ESPNU)
6:00 PM: Nebraska vs. Arkansas (ESPN2)
9:00 PM: Stanford vs. UC-Irvine (ESPNU)
9:00 PM: Oregon vs. LSU (ESPN2)

Here is the schedule for all the winner-take-all games today:

11:00 AM: Mississippi State vs. Campbell (ESPNU)
12:00 PM: Southern Mississippi vs. Mississippi (ESPN2)
3:00 PM: Oregon State vs. Dallas Baptist (ESPNU)
6:00 PM: Old Dominion vs. Virginia (ESPNU)
6:00 PM: Nebraska vs. Arkansas (ESPN2)
9:00 PM: Stanford vs. UC-Irvine (ESPNU)
9:00 PM: Oregon vs. LSU (ESPN2)

MS St/Campbell is game one. Campbell actually has to win twice today. Game two will be at 4pm if necessary.

Reactions: Alum-Ni
I’ve said this before, but this tournament has so much potential. You have ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNews, SEC, SEC Overflow, ACC, and even ESPN Classic. All of these should have games on them if there is a game being played. This whip around coverage or only two networks actually showing a game is ridiculous. It’s also ridiculous how they choose games to broadcast. It’s like they draw from a hat. If you’re going to limit it, zero excuse why the two or three networks you use can’t be more regionalized for the games.

I left ESPN off as I know they have the WCWS on.
This. They should have live action on nearly every single one of their networks and overflow. Why not? You're streaming them so they have the production teams there. A live game must be able to draw more than some of the garbage they were broadcasting this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT