ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN's College Football Power Poll is laughably wrong and completely moronic

Ok so I rearranged it in a slightly less straightforward geographic style to make sure I hit all of the "named" rivalries (at least listed in Wikipedia).

Pod 1 (Plays Pod 7 and 2)
IOWA ----> purdue
NEBRASKA ----> maryland

Pod 2 (Plays Pod 1 and 3)
WISCONSIN ----> rutgers
MINNESOTA ----> penn state

Pod 3 (Plays Pod 2 and 4)
MICHIGAN ----> nw
MICHIGAN STATE ----> indiana

Pod 4
PENN STATE ----> minnesota
OHIO STATE ----> illinois

Pod 5
MARYLAND ----> nebraska
RUTGERS ----> wisconsin

Pod 6
PURDUE ----> iowa
NORTHWESTERN ----> michigan

Pod 7 (Plays Pod 6 and 1)
ILLINOIS ----> osu
INDIANA ----> msu

So that has every named rivalry in Wikipedia. In the below, I'll bold the named "rivalries".

For example, Iowa would now permanently play Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois, and Indiana.

Ohio State would permanently play its "rivalry" (which I have to say seems like Alabama claiming a rivalry against Vanderbilt, but whatever) against Illinois as well as Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Maryland and Rutgers. That gives the POS Eastern teams you stupidly added a "rival" as well and gives OSU the ability to always play marquee games in the Alliance against USC, Oregon, Notre Dame, FSU, and Clemson without worrying about having too difficult of a schedule.

Michigan would permanently play Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State, Minnesota, Wisconsin and its "rival" Northwestern.

Penn State would permanently play Minnesota, Ohio State, Maryland, Rutgers, Michigan and Michigan State.

Nebraska would permanently play Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana and Maryland.

Michigan State would permanently play Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Penn State and Ohio State.

Wisconsin would permanently play Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan State and Rutgers.

Minnesota would permanently play Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Iowa, and Nebraska

Illinois would permanently play Ohio State, Indiana, Northwestern, Purdue, Iowa and Nebraska

Indiana would permanently play Michigan State, Purdue, Northwestern, Illinois, Iowa, and Nebraska.

Northwestern would permanently play Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, Maryland and Rutgers.

Purdue would permanently play Michigan State, Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, Maryland and Rutgers.

Maryland would permanently play Penn State, Rutgers, Ohio State, Nebraska, Northwestern and Purdue.

Rutgers would permanently play Penn State, Maryland, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Purdue.

So I preserved all of the named rivalries and still kept it mostly geographic so that "new" rivalries would develop. I did have to screw over Northwestern and Illinois by forcing them to play your new Eastern POS teams but...who cares about them. And they still kept their historic rivals anyways.
Much better. Keeps the “quadrangle of hate” together.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Well no one wants to give up a game against Clemson, Virginia Tech, USC, or Oregon to play Northwestern, Indiana and Rutgers. See how that works?

But the reality is, they're not going to pair up (*&*( teams to good ones in the Alliance. The whole point of the Alliance is to create big games with nationwide interest. So it's designed to add to the tv roster Michigan versus Oregon, Michigan versus FSU, Ohio State versus Clemson, and Ohio State versus USC. That creates marquee games for your tv lineup that are MUCH bigger than Ohio State versus Purdue or Michigan versus Rutgers.

And I'm sure that's what it will look like, they're not going to pair up USC with Rutgers or Northwestern. It will be a home game and then away versus Ohio State, then a home game and away versus Michigan, then a home game and away versus Penn State and then maybe start over again with Ohio State.

Hate to break it to you, every team cant play Ohio state

and I have no clue what your first pargraph is supposed to refernce.

You're idea destory rivarlies, destories conferences and destroys tradition for some reason that you think is good. That was never the point of the alliance. If any scheduling comes from it you might see a Big 10/ACC type challenge that will be it one OCC game. The end.

THere's not gonna be some over complicated pod sytem that you've designed where you're paying pod 1 and 4 in anotehr conference and 2 in your's but not hte third team in 2.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT