ADVERTISEMENT

Ever rediscover an album? Or missed it the first time around?

I heard Meddle by Pink Floyd a long time ago and didn’t give it a ton of thought. Recently listened to it again, and holy cow, what I was missing!

Probably listen to it all the way through a few times a week.

How about you?
It's top 3 of my Floyd albums!

Steve Miller Band (Sailor album) for me.

I was born in 1980 and the first I heard of Van Halen was Jump/Panama/1984 era stuff. It was ok but they were everywhere. Then Van Hagar was everywhere in the 1990s it just sounded like old people music. After the 2001 Super Bowl when the Ravens beat the Giants, I drank a little too much, smoked a little too much, and some guy played Van Halen 1. It was my first time hearing that album. My mind was blown. It all made all the sense why they were so popular in the 80s/90s, they were riding the coattails of that amazing album.

640px-90125_album_cover.svg.png

Not an album, but my Black Sabbath station on Pandora premium has been dusted off and playing for a couple months straight. I guess Ozzy's voice is an acquired taste and I have finally acquired it. Priest, Maiden, Dio, Rainbow, Deep Purple, Danzig, Motorhead all still rock.

Not an album, but my Black Sabbath station on Pandora premium has been dusted off and playing for a couple months straight. I guess Ozzy's voice is an acquired taste and I have finally acquired it. Priest, Maiden, Dio, Rainbow, Deep Purple, Danzig, Motorhead all still rock.
I was just listening to War Pigs!

Reactions: ParkerHawk
This album is by a German band named Triumvirat from the mid 70's. They sound an awful lot like Emerson Lake and Palmer of that era. The album Spartacus was a concept/theme album like The Who's Tommy and tells the story of the slave rebellion against Rome which was led by Spartacus. I forget where I came across this album but I like to pull it out once in a while and hear it again.

I’ll go with an entire band. I just discovered Ghost of Paul Revere last fall. I really enjoyed them so I looked up to see if they’re playing near me anytime soon. It turns out I discovered them just a couple months after their farewell album because they had broken up.

Their main musical force, William Griffin Sherry is starting a solo career. So maybe I’ll have to check that.

Judas Priest Unleashed in the East Live in Japan

(A lot of production for a live album. Has been called Unleashed in the Studio)

Great album.

It's more or less my latest additions "new music" any more.

Been hoping to carve out some time to listen to some Grand Funk Railroad soon. Heard a couple deep cut songs of theirs on a streaming channel... hoping I can find more good ones.

Great album. I see Brian Fallon play near me quite a bit and he puts on a good show.

When I saw them last year, he went on a few tangents about how he couldn't wait to get home and have a pizza and i was thinking dude, you need to be eating salads. Then a few months later when i saw them again, he was again talking about stuffing his face with pizza while he laid in bed.

Reactions: nolesincebirth
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT