ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone associated with Iowa Mens Basketball is 100% Vaccinated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they made their own personal choice as it should be and what other people do is none of your business.
They made the smart choice...they made a choice to protect their hard work and effort in the off season, they made the choice to support their teammates.

What other people do in their own homes and in their private lives is their own business. When they do things that affect other people....then, dependent upon what that is, they could be stepping over a line.

They made the smart choice...they made a choice to protect their hard work and effort in the off season, they made the choice to support their teammates.

What other people do in their own homes and in their private lives is their own business. When they do things that affect other people....then, dependent upon what that is, they could be stepping over a line.
I think the players are likely going to support what their teammates choose to do regardless.
You are projecting the support of others if you think that is anything more than an added factor to their choice.
If stepping over the line is determined by affecting other people then there is a he!! of alot more things that have happened in the last 18 mos beyond getting a vaccine shot that need need to addressed starting at the top.

I think the players are likely going to support what their teammates choose to do regardless.
You are projecting the support of others if you think that is anything more than an added factor to their choice.
If stepping over the line is determined by affecting other people then there is a he!! of alot more things that have happened in the last 18 mos beyond getting a vaccine shot that need need to addressed starting at the top.

What you think the players think is irrelevant. What they proudly chose to do is clear, though.

Clearly they decided to respect science, respect their health, respect their teammates and coaches and families and friends’ health, and chose to be empathetic and responsible.

True Hawkeyes. Fight for Iowa!

Yes. A lot of things happened in the last 18 months. Do you mean the millions of Americans and scores of puppet politicians who openly lie or believe lies about the science, who sabotage public health efforts, who believe the vaccines change our DNA or implant chips made by bill gates or george soros or space aliens, or who dismiss the painful, excruciating testimony of Capitol Police who laid the blame squarely “at the top” - as you put it - for the deadly 1/6 insurrection?

I live in reality. Many people choose not to.

One aspect that is not being discussed and I don't know why.

If you have already had Covid why get the vaccination. Study done by NIH- National Institute of Health ( Dr. Fauci) shows 98% immunity with long lasting antibodies for those individuals who contracted Covid naturally. The vaccination is less than 98%.

I follow the science. This tells me if I had Covid no need to vaccinate. If we are not being told this, why? To make sure we push the vaccination to everyone? Why?

If you have already had Covid why get the vaccination. Study done by NIH- National Institute of Health ( Dr. Fauci) shows 98% immunity with long lasting antibodies for those individuals who contracted Covid naturally. The vaccination is less than 98%.

I follow the science. This tells me if I had Covid no need to vaccinate. If we are not being told this, why? To make sure we push the vaccination to everyone? Why?
Great post! you are spot on with this assessment!

It's a great precautionary step, but there is still risk. I know some people that have tested positive (with symptoms so not false positive) for Covid even though fully vaccinated. Thus, while a good milestone reached, it doesn't mean this is behind us.

Can you translate that?

False. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html

"If I already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?

"Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected."

False. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html

"If I already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?

"Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected."
Good job....facts/truth are important. Thank you for posting.

Folks, this isn’t that confusing. Israel is 2nd most vaccinated country but CDC placed level 3 alert against traveling there. And we should all get same experimental injections Israel did, despite CDC admitting those getting them can still get/spread Covid. Got it? Gee wiz!
Israel is having an outbreak of a Covid-19 variant, so they have been taking measures against its spread.

And what you call experimental vaccinations that we have in the US have been rigorously tested, yes on a fast track, and have proven that they can save lives. That is a fact.

And why are there variants? Because when non-vaccinated people get sick with Covid-19, the disease gets strong enough to mutate into what could be more deadly strains as it copies/replicates in the suck person. That's why it's beneficial to all of us that we all get vaccinated - you don't want to be patient 1 who is the host for the next super virus that wipes us all out.

Got it?

Israel is having an outbreak of a Covid-19 variant, so they have been taking measures against its spread.

And what you call experimental vaccinations that we have in the US have been rigorously tested, yes on a fast track, and have proven that they can save lives. That is a fact.

And why are there variants? Because when non-vaccinated people get sick with Covid-19, the disease gets strong enough to mutate into what could be more deadly strains as it copies/replicates in the suck person. That's why it's beneficial to all of us that we all get vaccinated - you don't want to be patient 1 who is the host for the next super virus that wipes us all out.

Got it?

Iseral outbreak isn't just unvaccinated people!

Of course, if the vaccine is primarily to prevent serious illness/death from Covid instead of infection/transmission, then it’s really a therapeutic. Not total immunization — which is what most people think when they hear “vaccine.”

There are experimental vaccinations because you don't know the long-term effects of this 40k protein shot on your immune system

Got it?

Everyone is taking a risk here. We know neither the long-term ramifications of these mRNA injections, nor even an asymptomatic infection to a virus likely not merely of natural origin. Such mutual risk should produce grace, but in our balkanized era it's driving the wedge deeper.

Government just ignores the southern border crisis which has a 900% increase of infected migrates coming in!

In addition to the information posted above, let me add two other things:

1) in Israel they are considering adding a booster already because the vaccine is showing diminishing returns. This would likely be true for people who have contracted the disease… And many of them contracted it earlier than most people received vaccines.

2) it is very likely that a lot of people tested positive who did not actually have it. And many people had it and never knew it. It’s best just to go ahead and get it.

Reactions: pmtdc

This is what I have been asking for months, and none of our leaders talk about this. Apparently the only immunity that matters is that from a vaccine. This should actually be wonderful news, as it means that the amount of people that have some sort of immunity (either through a vaccine or via having recovered from COVID) is far higher than the vaccination rate. It's a reasonable question for a person to ask as why vaccinated immunity is better than natural immunity.

I'm not anti-vaccine. Vaccines are great things. I also had COVID prior to getting vaccinated. I determined the vaccine was safe enough that it was okay to put others at ease to do so. But to convince the skeptical you do so with information and by answering questions, not by calling everyone stupid. Answering the question about natural immunity is reasonable.

Oh thank God.

You f'ing lemming.

What is ironic is you are the lemming.

You are a member of a disturbing anti-vax crowd who does not follow science and common sense.

You, the lemming, listen to and follow the idiotic ant-vax members' direction, and do what those idiots tell you to do.

Why are you such a lemming?

Why don't you use your brain for once and make your OWN informed, smart choice?

In addition to the information posted above, let me add two other things:

1) in Israel they are considering adding a booster already because the vaccine is showing diminishing returns. This would likely be true for people who have contracted the disease… And many of them contracted it earlier than most people received vaccines.

2) it is very likely that a lot of people tested positive who did not actually have it. And many people had it and never knew it. It’s best just to go ahead and get it.
Very good questions and points.

To # 1 with Israel, they had hard lockdowns and didn't have huge case #'s before vaccinations hit. They are among the most vaccinated countries in the world and seeing rising cases. Before I get on board with vaccine boosters, I want to get an answer on durable natural immunity.

To # 2, correct. The sooner we can stop with the PCR tests with the high cycle threshhold counts the better. But there are those (like me) who know I had it both due to a positive test and symptoms.

What is ironic is you are the lemming.

You are a member of a disturbing anti-vax crowd who does not follow science and common sense.

You, the lemming, listen to and follow the idiotic ant-vax members' direction, and do what those idiots tell you to do.

Why are you such a lemming?

Why don't you use your brain for once and make your OWN informed, smart choice?
Fran, there is actual data from vaccines that make a much more compelling argument than calling people lemmings. People who are apprehensive about taking a non-FDA approved vaccine aren't crazy, for the most part. Some are, but many aren't. The vaccines had emergency approval. We are literally participating in the mass clinical trial in real time that most vaccines take multiple years to go through. We don't know what the long-term effects of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines are, because there were not the usual long-term clinical trials.

In the UK, the cases skyrocketed despite rather high vaccination numbers. The good news with that was that deaths did not have a corresponding spike. So the vaccines were working in the sense that they were helping prevent serious illness, hospitalizations and deaths. That is good. But it would really help if our leaders give people the truth. Vaccines are not 100% effective at preventing you from getting COVID. Jon Rahm, the golfer, tested positive twice in the last 2 months, he was vaccinated. The Yankees had their outbreak right after the All Star break with many of the players being vaccinated. The Texas Democratic legislators who fled the state had 6 of them (all vaccinated) get COVID.

Messaging the vaccines as a good method for preventing serious illness or death, not a magic, 100% foolproof way for preventing COVID, would be a welcome start. Just calling people names doesn't do anything.

Everyone is taking a risk here. We know neither the long-term ramifications of these mRNA injections, nor even an asymptomatic infection to a virus likely not merely of natural origin. Such mutual risk should produce grace, but in our balkanized era it's driving the wedge deeper.

Government just ignores the southern border crisis which has a 900% increase of infected migrates coming in!
That's right. Keep blaming others for out problems as opposed to stupid Americans.

• Haha
Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys

Well, about 600k Americans have already died from COVID. So there’s that…

• Wow
Reactions: pmtdc and Mohawkeye
A year ago every discussion led to a topic of wearing a mask or not. Like it was the most difficult thing in the world to put a mask on while you walk around Costco. Now every discussion leads to the topic of being vaccinated or not. I got vaccinated. My family members got vaccinated and I no longer care about the opinions of anyone who chooses not to get the shot.

As far as the basketball team is concerned I am very proud that the entire team chose to protect each other and their coaches.

Because the vaccine has been proven to be safe and effective and we don’t know how long COVID antibodies last for the previously infected (same with vaccines) so why take the risk? Vaccines have been around hundreds of years, they are safe. These particular vaccines have gone through rigorous clinical trials, as well as public use, much more studied and proven safe than the small pox or measles vaccines were.

But really, you are beside the point, you are speaking to a small group of people. We need to get people vaccinated who haven’t had COViD before- that’s the far larger group of unvaccinated. I live in SW MO and people are dying by the truckload daily. The regrets of the dead are piling up.

Like it or not, if we want to have a basketball season this year, people need to get vaccinated and take precautions when out and about against those who refuse to put the good of the country over their internet crazies beliefs.

People who are vaccinated aren't dying from covid. People who aren't are. It's that simple. There is no government conspiracy. There aren't any underground caves that the government are using to stack up people who died from the vaccine. But there are plenty of ER's around the country that are packed to the ceiling with people who refuse to believe in science and are dying from covid when they could easily be saved. How many survivors do you need to hear wishing they had gotten vaccinated? Do you really believe they are all paid by the government to say this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT