ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone is Going to Want a Hummer

1,000 hp is insane for an electric vehicle.

Just think how much coal needs to be burned to generate the electricity to charge that bad boy up.

R I P earth; we hardly knew ye. :rolleyes:

When they first started to release them, they were selling old military spec units. I was in no shape to buy one, but they are so freaking cool and I looked into those specifically. H1 was definitely the best, but they they definitely GMed them up.

Meh, Cybertruck is out 3 years earlier from a company with a history of producing electric vehicles. It will do more.

Had friends who were looking into them years ago. They said they were pretty small inside compared to how big they were so did not buy one.

When they first started to release them, they were selling old military spec units. I was in no shape to buy one, but they are so freaking cool and I looked into those specifically. H1 was definitely the best, but they they definitely GMed them up.
The original ones sucked as passenger vehicles. The gear box was huge and in the middle of the back seat and was very loud. Also, they had tires that were expensive as all get out, as in $1000 each and they did not last well with highway driving. Also, if you did not drive it for two weeks the tires would lose pressure (They had a self inflation system), and you would have to take the tire off and take it to the dealer to reinflate and reseat the bead.

Had friends who were looking into them years ago. They said they were pretty small inside compared to how big they were so did not buy one.

This. I knew a guy who was showing one off. I crawled into the drivers seat and it was cramped as hell. I’m 6’2” 235#. No way would I drive that regularly.

They definitely know their target audience: guys with little man syndrome.

Reactions: Rudolph
For a while I was looking at getting an H3 but never pulled the trigger. Now that I’m not single it doesn’t make much sense.

That thing is pretty flipping sweet, but unnecessary for most people. Cool way to show off what GM can do, but obviously not going to sell many. Pretty small target market

And they will sell every damn one of them they make. Americans love brand new trucks.
Convenient places to charge will be key.

I don’t want to pull off interstate and look for a ford or Chevy dealer to charge my car.

I see the Tesla chargers in easy access spots.

too bad they all didn't agree to share a Universal charger.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Convenient places to charge will be key.

I don’t want to pull off interstate and look for a ford or Chevy dealer to charge my car.

I see the Tesla chargers in easy access spots.

too bad they all didn't agree to share a Universal charger.
This is news to me. I just assumed they all had the same "plug." With such a limited refueling infrastructure, to not have a standard or not conform to Tesla's if they were first is asinine.

I wouldn't but one if it was half the cost. Between the ridiculous size, plus the operating costs and the ridiculous size, buying one is nothing more than a "Look at how small my penis is" kind of purchase. Granted, I say that about every single truck that is purchased that isn't used to haul things on a daily basis, so...

Reactions: Rudolph and ping72
That truck is sick. But $90,000 hell no

but I bet you see a few on the Iowa campus. All Asian students.

Im not generalizing. My buddy works for a dealership and said the only students who buys their $65K+ luxury cars are Asian.

I wouldn't but one if it was half the cost. Between the ridiculous size, plus the operating costs and the ridiculous size, buying one is nothing more than a "Look at how small my penis is" kind of purchase. Granted, I say that about every single truck that is purchased that isn't used to haul things on a daily basis, so...
I have never owned a pickup truck and sure as hell wouldn't spend 100 grand on one. But, I will say the thought of buying that and an acreage to tear around on is a pleasant one.

So you can plug say a Chevy volt into a Tesla charging station?

google says No.
I just copied and pasted "can plug say a Chevy volt into a Tesla charging station" into google and it gave me https://thedriven.io/2019/04/03/can-non-tesla-electric-cars-use-tesla-ev-chargers/. Looks like as of April 2019, the answer is its complicated. I am not sure what progress has been made as the article says the Tesla network is being upgraded with CCS2 so you can charge any new EV except the Leaf:

To sum up:
  • You can use a Tesla AC EVSE with other EVs, depending on the EVSE settings (plus the use of an adaptor for Type 1 socket fitted EVs) as most AC Tesla EVSEs are home or business based and have no system for payments built into them;
  • You can’t use a current Tesla Supercharger with any other EV as the plugs are incompatible;
  • You could use the soon to come upgraded Tesla Supercharger network using CCS2 with any new EV (except for the Leaf) if Tesla opens up their network (and comes up with a pricing system) to enable it to be used by others.

This. I knew a guy who was showing one off. I crawled into the drivers seat and it was cramped as hell. I’m 6’2” 235#. No way would I drive that regularly.

They definitely know their target audience: guys with little man syndrome.

They'll probably add a feature that makes revving noises like a "real" Hummer.

Akin to attaching that playing card with a clothspin to your bike when you were 5 to make "motorcycle sounds".

😎

• Haha
Reactions: ping72
I want a hummer. My wife said no chance.
She can be replaced, we have the technology.

best-blowjob-simulator-2019.png

I just copied and pasted "can plug say a Chevy volt into a Tesla charging station" into google and it gave me https://thedriven.io/2019/04/03/can-non-tesla-electric-cars-use-tesla-ev-chargers/. Looks like as of April 2019, the answer is its complicated. I am not sure what progress has been made as the article says the Tesla network is being upgraded with CCS2 so you can charge any new EV except the Leaf:

To sum up:
  • You can use a Tesla AC EVSE with other EVs, depending on the EVSE settings (plus the use of an adaptor for Type 1 socket fitted EVs) as most AC Tesla EVSEs are home or business based and have no system for payments built into them;
  • You can’t use a current Tesla Supercharger with any other EV as the plugs are incompatible;
  • You could use the soon to come upgraded Tesla Supercharger network using CCS2 with any new EV (except for the Leaf) if Tesla opens up their network (and comes up with a pricing system) to enable it to be used by others.
I want a Tesla Y so I am not too worried about the bla bla of other brands.

we drive our cars until they need the junk yard so I am not too worried about details for a couple years minimum.

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT