ADVERTISEMENT

Ex- PA Congressman pleads guilty to ballot stuffing

Finance85

HR Legend
Oct 22, 2003
Posted just in case anyone hasn't seen it. I did a search, so apologies if it's a pepsi.

A former congressman from Philadelphia pleaded guilty Monday to charges related to fraudulently stuffing ballot boxes for Democratic candidates between 2014 and 2018.

Federal prosecutors said former Democratic U.S. Rep. Michael J. “Ozzie” Myers pleaded guilty to violations of election law, conspiracy, bribery and obstruction.

Messages seeking comment were left for his defense lawyers listed on the online docket.

In a sentencing memo dated Friday, federal prosecutors said his "criminal efforts were generally, although not exclusively, directed at securing election victories for local judicial candidates running for Philadelphia’s Court of Common Pleas or Municipal Court who had employed Myers as a ‘political consultant.’”

Myers was expelled from Congress in 1980 after being caught taking bribes in the Abscam sting investigation.

Prosecutors said Myers, 79, admitted he bribed a judge of elections to add votes for his chosen candidates, including clients who were running for judicial offices. The bribes were hundreds or thousands of dollars.

He also conspired with another elections judge to tell voters on election days which candidates they should vote for, candidates that Myers had selected, and the now former judge cast fraudulent votes for people who did not appear at the polls.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...leads-guilty-in-ballot-stuffing-case/3262832/

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Some pretty good information out there now around how the election was "lost" by Republicans. Ballot stuffing/harvesters are at the top of the list. Hopefully, some of the election integrity laws that have been passed will make this aspect of election fraud much more difficult.

Some pretty good information out there now around how the election was "lost" by Republicans. Ballot stuffing/harvesters are at the top of the list. Hopefully, some of the election integrity laws that have been passed will make this aspect of election fraud much more difficult.
If we have another record turnout after watching drumpf and the vegetable for 8 years I think it's fair to say both sides cheat their ass off and have the counters set to one more than the other guy.

Posted just in case anyone hasn't seen it. I did a search, so apologies if it's a pepsi.

A former congressman from Philadelphia pleaded guilty Monday to charges related to fraudulently stuffing ballot boxes for Democratic candidates between 2014 and 2018.

Federal prosecutors said former Democratic U.S. Rep. Michael J. “Ozzie” Myers pleaded guilty to violations of election law, conspiracy, bribery and obstruction.

Messages seeking comment were left for his defense lawyers listed on the online docket.

In a sentencing memo dated Friday, federal prosecutors said his "criminal efforts were generally, although not exclusively, directed at securing election victories for local judicial candidates running for Philadelphia’s Court of Common Pleas or Municipal Court who had employed Myers as a ‘political consultant.’”

Myers was expelled from Congress in 1980 after being caught taking bribes in the Abscam sting investigation.

Prosecutors said Myers, 79, admitted he bribed a judge of elections to add votes for his chosen candidates, including clients who were running for judicial offices. The bribes were hundreds or thousands of dollars.

He also conspired with another elections judge to tell voters on election days which candidates they should vote for, candidates that Myers had selected, and the now former judge cast fraudulent votes for people who did not appear at the polls.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...leads-guilty-in-ballot-stuffing-case/3262832/

Pepsi and another failed attempt at an I gotcha by @biggreydogs when we all resoundingly condemned the guy..

When you went to Tasty Tacos.
D9yIyXvXUAEuD1n.jpg

Cackles

Ballot stuffing and harvesting didn't cost Trump the election.

Had the election been like the 2000 election, those tactics might have mattered.

Denial of these things by Dems is laughable, though it's understandable a lot of the younger crowd might think it's rare. I'm old enough to remember the Richard Daley and Huey Long days.

Ballot stuffing and harvesting didn't cost Trump the election.

Had the election been like the 2000 election, those tactics might have mattered.

Denial of these things by Dems is laughable, though it's understandable a lot of the younger crowd might think it's rare. I'm old enough to remember the Richard Daley and Huey Long days.
For all of your prattling about ballot stuffing, us Libs don't seem to be good at it. Why do you think we let Trump win in 2016 instead of just stuffing a few ballots into the ballot boxes of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania?
Oh, and of course this was a Pepsi. Do you really think the cultists would have let this pass? The difference is that us Libs think the guy should be locked up. Team Read just sees this as a reason to pick up their pace.

Reactions: RileyHawk
For all of your prattling about ballot stuffing, us Libs don't seem to be good at it. Why do you think we let Trump win in 2016 instead of just stuffing a few ballots into the ballot boxes of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania?
Oh, and of course this was a Pepsi. Do you really think the cultists would have let this pass? The difference is that us Libs think the guy should be locked up. Team Read just sees this as a reason to pick up their pace.
Sorry I missed the first thread. I haven't been on here consistently this week. I'm glad you think he should be locked up.

Oh, I don't think the libs could have stuffed enough ballots in 2016 to beat Trump. I also don't think they thought Trump would beat Hillary straight up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT