ADVERTISEMENT

Excited about what Heflin will bring

I wonder if his playing weight will drop before the 1st game. Is currently listed at 319 and *might* not be good weight. We'll see.

Reactions: dbrocket
Heflin is a crucial addition. Even if he was at 300 he would be helpful and possibly quicker and faster kinda like Nixon. This grad transfer option is turning out to be a boon for us.

I watched a couple of Huskies games this season. He stood out in their line. Kind of a proverbial run stuffer. We've recruited well in the D Line so his practice competition will be a step. Think he'll be crucial.

That other transfer, The Cronk, will likely be a starter if he's uninjured and can pick of the offense. Our guards have not been good and Cronk is good.

I watched a couple of Huskies games this season. He stood out in their line. Kind of a proverbial run stuffer. We've recruited well in the D Line so his practice competition will be a step. Think he'll be crucial.

That other transfer, The Cronk, will likely be a starter if he's uninjured and can pick of the offense. Our guards have not been good and Cronk is good.

Cronk ain't going to be a guard and MK and Schott were very solid in the back stretch.

I think Cronk is going to be at Tackle. Kallenberger looked a lot better at the end of the season playing Guard. Hopefully he builds off his bowl game performance

Ferentz football has always had positional flexibility on the line. Cronk could start opposite Big Al at tackle, certainly wouldn't rule that out. But I do think he will start. The guards got better but the guard play was never really outstanding.

Him, Nixon, Gholston, Evans, and Waggoner should hopefully make a mean D-line/Pass rush this year.
Another small town IL kid i’m looking forward to seeing play..Logan Lee. When Javon Swan and Fabian Lockett decided Iowa wasn’t for them and loosing (AJ, Lattimore, Reif, Jones) the DLine position needed some plug & play guys, so good thing Heflin decided join the crew.

Last edited:
Its settled. He comes in on obvious run downs and just plugs things up. Its what we have been needing.

ADVERTISEMENT