ADVERTISEMENT

Exec gets 28 years for committing capitalism!!!

Silly title aside, I'm glad to see this.

I wish some of the folks at GM who shipped cars with those faulty ignition systems would face similar penalties.

I wish some of the folks at GM who shipped cars with those faulty ignition systems would face similar penalties.

Did the GM people know for a fact that the part would fail or was there only the possibility? Sending peanut butter that is known to be contaminated with salmonella is a little different in my opinion. But if GM knew it would happen in a handful of cars and sent them anyway I agree.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Did the GM people know for a fact that the part would fail or was there only the possibility? Sending peanut butter that is known to be contaminated with salmonella is a little different in my opinion. But if GM knew it would happen in a handful of cars and sent them anyway I agree.

They knew that it has been happening in their cars and it had caused deaths. And not only did they not make the public aware of it or issue a recall. . . they continued to use the same ignition system in the cars for like a decade. And that's what gets me the most I think. . . not only did they fall prey to the "just keep it under wraps" trap. But they didn't even bother to fix the problem in the future.

It would be like NASA launching the Challenger in 1986, watching it explode and then saying "Well call up the backup crew and roll a new Shuttle out there, we've got a mission to perform!"

I personally don't tend to get into boycotts or things like that, but I've sworn off GM cars. I mean how could I trust a company that does that and go buy their product??

He intentionally shipped-for-sale poison peanut butter. It's a crime, regulations or no regulations.

Really, shouldn't the market decide if something is a crime or not? Woo, Woo.

I don't know if you're being serious, but here goes - engaging in commerce is not a defense to a crime.

Unfortunately this is the exception, and not the rule.
If Republicans were serious about securing America's borders they'd scream for CEO's to get perp walked when they nod and wink at illegals working for them. They'd stand up and applaud when contractors who mow lawns and roof houses with illegals providing the labor are sentenced to prison.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT