ADVERTISEMENT

Expectation for Defensive Efficiency?

hawkland14

HR Heisman
Feb 26, 2013
Can this be the year that Iowa gets it AdjD inside the top 50 on Ken Pom? It seems with Ulis, Perk, and Bowen as our lead guards this should be an area that we really see an improvement. Fran is one of the best offensive minds in the world and has proven that during his time here. A top 10 to 20 offense is a given even with the team lacking some shooting compared to years past. If we get below that 50 number on defense you may be looking at his best team here, which is kind of hard to believe thinking what we have lost the last two seasons.

Maybe, but I wish we had a rim protector.
That's a quote we've said for many years. Olaseni was the last true rim protector, & that was really only his senior year. Woodbury was a good paint protector though. Would love if Mulvey has some Jared Reiner rim/paint protection in him...doubt it but I guess we'll see.

Maybe, but I wish we had a rim protector.

That's a quote we've said for many years. Olaseni was the last true rim protector, & that was really only his senior year. Woodbury was a good paint protector though. Would love if Mulvey has some Jared Reiner rim/paint protection in him...doubt it but I guess we'll see.

Completely agree. It's really hard to be good defensively without one. Of course, it's still possible.

Getting into the paint has always been pretty easy for opponents during Fran's time here. Then, with no one inside to force the opponent to adjust their shot makes for poor defensive stats.

Now, if the guys can keep shooters out of the lane, that will obviously help.

ADVERTISEMENT