ADVERTISEMENT

Expectations

hawkeyeheritage

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2021
Throw out the stat line from last night. There were several big plays that should have been made. I'd imagine Brecht and Jack Johnson would like to have a few back. Stumbling, getting outdone by the turf monster, stop running on routes and turning the wrong way are not on sp. These receivers are rusty and will get better. KJ hammy is gonna slow him all year I'm afraid. The problem is the OL and eventually they will be juniors and seniors(Proctor coming in as well). They were subbing 2-3 guys at right guard/center last night. Kirk said its now an open competition to see who can run with it in post game. Nevada is not a good team, but they had a few very stout players on the dl. If the OL can continue to grow, we can still have a decent year. We are not going to the promise land. 8-4 would be a very good year for this group, 7-5 is more likely. Let's put the QB debate to bed and enjoy football(not in our control anyway). There isn't any team left on the schedule that can't beat us, and I also believe with this defense we will win one nobody expects.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News