ADVERTISEMENT

Fact or fiction?

BanjoSaysWoof

HR MVP
Dec 2, 2017
Definetly off topic but I am not posting in the OT forum… that’s the real cesspool.

Is this burger really the best in Iowa? Is it worth the trip if I’m on the road in flyover country? Has anyone had said burger?

(I called it flyover country just to poke a few of you. I have a lot of respect for the people of Iowa because of this forum.)

Reactions: SDHN2013 and el dub
Definetly off topic but I am not posting in the OT forum… that’s the real cesspool.

Is this burger really the best in Iowa? Is it worth the trip if I’m on the road in flyover country? Has anyone had said burger?

(I called it flyover country just to poke a few of you. I have a lot of respect for the people of Iowa because of this forum.)
I think you should parachute down during your flyover and let us all know how good it is. Sure sounds worth it to me (whether your parachute opens or not). 😉

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
nobody from minn called iowa fly over state

It’s relatively undeveloped compared to my neck of the woods. I don’t mean technologically, rather spatially.

NJ’s land is (probably) 70% developed. Iowa’s is probably closer to 10% (a lot
Of open space out there). I like it here, the hustle and bustle etc. I can appreciate why you and others like the openness and nature.

plenty of people from Minnesota would hate on NJ. Just as I like going to places that are on the coasts, you probably Would enjoy the Shenandoah valley way more than I would. The key is this was an admittedly tongue in cheek comment.

Have you had the burger?

tl;dr it’s a joke. Have you had the burger?

It’s relatively undeveloped compared to my neck of the woods. I don’t mean technologically, rather spatially.

Of open space out there). I like it here, the hustle and bustle etc. I can appreciate why you and others like the openness and nature.

plenty of people from Minnesota would hate on NJ. Just as I like going to places that are on the coasts, you probably Would enjoy the Shenandoah valley way more than I would. The key is this was an admittedly tongue in cheek comment.

Have you had the burger?

tl;dr it’s a joke. Have you had the burger?
A lot of corn and bean fields. That might be open space but I’m more of a mountain, river, forest, ocean person.

But I do admire Iowans ability to thrive in a sea of corn and beans and to make the most of what they have to do.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
And it's in Marshalltown? Once a year or so I go to the stock car races there. May have to go in to town and try the best burger in America. Until I do, I will assume that the best burger is still the Superburger at the Starlite Room in Cedar Rapids.

And it's in Marshalltown? Once a year or so I go to the stock car races there. May have to go in to town and try the best burger in America. Until I do, I will assume that the best burger is still the Superburger at the Starlite Room in Cedar Rapids.
It’s a damn good burger, it’s worth a stop in that area . Id recommend double bc the meat is thin. But they got a good thing going.. and there are a ton of WWF things in there, I couldn’t believe some of the figures I used to have I saw there

It’s a damn good burger, it’s worth a stop in that area . Id recommend double bc the meat is thin. But they got a good thing going.. and there are a ton of WWF things in there, I couldn’t believe some of the figures I used to have I saw there

I have a Midwest golf trip planned

it sounds as if this burger is worth going to get if I’m reasonably close?

Yes, the burger is real good.

With sorrow, I dissent.

In fact Iowa is quite well developed, spatially. The science, the engineering, the technologies, the commerce, the ingenuity, the vision that produced the ‘hustle and bustle’ on the shores of New Jersey, also produced the amber waves of grain seen annually in fields of Iowa. Beauty is often in the eyes of the beholder.

If I have neglected to mention wrestling in this posting, my apologies. Now and again I can be somewhat thoughtless.

1333866404.0.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of corn and bean fields. That might be open space but I’m more of a mountain, river, forest, ocean person.

But I do admire Iowans ability to thrive in a sea of corn and beans and to make the most of what they have to do.
And I admire the ability of Oregonians to to thrive amidst all those forest fires and all that homelessness, while being priced out by escaping Californians. Also these:
https://apnews.com/article/science-...gon-droughts-cd67ef7e4f477fa1703e765940bf8154
However, good wine, beer, and weed can compensate for a lot of other problems. Iowa has no weed, poor wine, but pretty damn good beer these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT