ADVERTISEMENT

Fact: Trump is the worst president for the economy in my lifetime.

Were hospitals over run? Clearly this virus has issues with a vulnerable population. It is not a flu virus either, but a coronavirus. Don’t brag about Obama’s handling of the virus when he did nothing to prevent people from getting it.
You're being idiotic.

12,500 vs. 200,000 deaths. JFC

You're being idiotic.

12,500 vs. 200,000 deaths. JFC
What do the different death rates tell you about the health effects of the two viruses. Where would we be in Obama’s world if there were 60 million people infected with coronavirus? Did he take that seriously enough if 60
Million contracted it? Also, they say that the coronavirus spreads more easily than the flu. Obviously, there is a discrepancy in deaths. No debating that. What did Obama do to prevent the spread? That is what you are talking about anyways. You are talking about the spread.

• Haha
Reactions: JJ13579
His issues were inflation, high interest rates which he didn't control, and the hostage crisis. He not only created lots of jobs, he had the deficit heading down. Had the hostage rescue been successful, Reagan would have lost.

Just another example of Republicans breaking laws to win an election.

That wasn't the sole reason, but it contributed to his loss. Senator Kennedy had a significant effect in spliting the Party and forcing the "liberal wing' to look elsewhere. The hostage crisis was another factor. The phrase"Reagan Democrats" was real. Hell... RR is the only GOP candidate for President that I ever voted for.

There was a perfect storm of issues that led to Carter's downfall.

On a personal basis, I think he was a good person.
He was a good person, just a poor president who said " the job is too big for one person. " Kennedy ran against him because they knew he was doomed but the D's couldn't abandon an incumbent. Not all that much different from the GOP now. I'd vote for Romney in a heartbeat but the GOP won't abandon an incumbent either...

What does 60 million vs 6.4 million cases tell you about the health effect of the two viruses. Where would we be in Obama’s world if there were 60 million people infected with coronavirus? Also, they say that the coronavirus spreads more easily than the flu. Obviously, there is a discrepancy in deaths. No debating that. What did Obama do to prevent the spread? That is what you are talking about anyways. You are talking about the spread.
It tells me nothing. How many common colds did we have? Even more. The flu is orders of magnitude less dangerous than the flu. Obama declared it a public health emergency when there were only 20 cases and 0 deaths - 6 weeks before it was declared a pandemic. There was a vaccine for the flu.

I get it, you're desperate to find any way to defend Trump and are grasping at this but comparing the flu to coronavirus is beyond foolish.

What do the different death rates tell you about the health effects of the two viruses. Where would we be in Obama’s world if there were 60 million people infected with coronavirus? Did he take that seriously enough if 60
Million contracted it? Also, they say that the coronavirus spreads more easily than the flu. Obviously, there is a discrepancy in deaths. No debating that. What did Obama do to prevent the spread? That is what you are talking about anyways. You are talking about the spread.

You are comparing apples and oranges. This is like trying to predict how George Washington would have been at fighting the Vietnam War. The circumstances are completely different so you can't use what was done in one case and directly compare it the current one. What you can do is look at the crises that Obama had and the method he used to deal with them vs. the method the current administration has used.

Obama had a history of letting experts be his guide and using means tested methods to address problems. And when his policies were executed properly, they worked. This administration goes pretty much with whatever Trump's fetish of the day is and I can't think of a single policy initiative of his that hasn't blown up in his face.

You are comparing apples and oranges. This is like trying to predict how George Washington would have been at fighting the Vietnam War. The circumstances are completely different so you can't use what was done in one case and directly compare it the current one. What you can do is look at the crises that Obama had and the method he used to deal with them vs. the method the current administration has used.

Obama had a history of letting experts be his guide and using means tested methods to address problems. And when his policies were executed properly, they worked. This administration goes pretty much with whatever Trump's fetish of the day is and I can't think of a single policy initiative of his that hasn't blown up in his face.
You are absolutely correct. Use that same logic yourself. Like I said, 60 million cases vs 6.4 currently. The experts didn’t do much to prevent the spread did they? They were bailed out by the virus not being as deadly. It is a virus where treatments are minimal. The idea would be to limit its spread. I think one looks vastly better than the other at this point.

It tells me nothing. How many common colds did we have? Even more. The flu is orders of magnitude less dangerous than the flu. Obama declared it a public health emergency when there were only 20 cases and 0 deaths - 6 weeks before it was declared a pandemic. There was a vaccine for the flu.

I get it, you're desperate to find any way to defend Trump and are grasping at this but comparing the flu to coronavirus is beyond foolish.
And still 60 million people got the virus despite him listening to the “experts”. What are you not getting? I’m not grasping at any straws. I’m failing to see your argument as to how he has dealt with this virus so badly. One started in the US and one started in Asia and traveled to the US. That is a huge difference right there.

You are absolutely correct. Use that same logic yourself. Like I said, 60 million cases vs 6.4 currently. The experts didn’t do much to prevent the spread did they? They were bailed out by the virus not being as deadly. It is a virus where treatments are minimal. The idea would be to limit its spread. I think one looks vastly better than the other at this point.

Now....look at the number of deaths and tell me which is worse. What I will say is Obama's response to the current virus would have been very different than Trump's and it would have been far more effective. I don't know exactly what he would have done, but I can tell you it wouldn't have involved lying to the public about how it wasn't a problem because he "didn't want to create a panic".

No. It was not a novel virus, it was a strain that was familiar. And it's the flu - not SARS, or MERS or Ebola, all of which are far more dangerous and, BTW, were effectively contained during Obama's tenure.

Reactions: BioHawk
In tomorrow's episode, I'll show how America is doing to control coronavirus spread versus the rest of the world. Spoiler Alert: Bad.

Sure is a shame that doing something about it in the very beginning was racist and zenophobic otherwise maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

And still 60 million people got the virus despite him listening to the “experts”. What are you not getting? I’m not grasping at any straws. I’m failing to see your argument as to how he has dealt with this virus so badly. One started in the US and one started in Asia and traveled to the US. That is a huge difference right there.
Sigh. 45 million people got the flu in the 2017-18 flu season and 61,000 died. Lots and lots of people get the flu each year. Some more than others.

Reactions: billanole
119284363_10219749893350307_423559096229428349_n.jpg
We should be thankful he didn’t follow W and instead inherited a very strong and growing economy. We’d be in a 12 year depression otherwise.

Sigh. 45 million people got the flu in the 2017-18 flu season and 61,000 died. Lots and lots of people get the flu each year. Some more than others.
and the coronavirus is said to be more deadly than the flu and more easily spread. More deaths should be expected, but there are 54 million fewer cases right now.

and the coronavirus is said to be more deadly than the flu and more easily spread. More deaths should be expected, but there are 54 million fewer cases right now.
Why were there so many more deaths from flu in 2017-18 than 2009?

Are you suggesting the country should have been shut down during the last couple of flu seasons?

You've gone beyond ridiculous but I'm willing to give you more rope.

It was on simmer at best. Took off after election in anticipation of Trump policies.
No. The economy had recovered completely and was growing steadily. That continued in Trump's early years due to momentum. His growth has fallen short of his promises even before the coronavirus. Because of that the deficit has soared.

He had a great economy coming in and has ruined it.

Even better than your inability to figure out the top of the chart represents the best performance?

Nobody ever tolde you losing the gene pool lottery wasd going ot be easy, did they?
You quoted the chart and asked "And Bush 41 was the best POTUS in your lifetime for the economy?".

The chart clearly shows job growth which some would say is an important qualifier for the overall economy. You f'd up and somehow thought it indicated Bush 41 was at the top of this category. That was wrong. Own it and move on.

Or continue with your childish attempts to spin your bonehead statement. Your choice.

Reactions: JJ13579
Sitting on information that he recieved back in November 2019, for one. But go ahead and worship your cult leader, who is not only the dumbest human being to ever seek office in the United States, but the most dishonest and treasonous.
He could never be worse than the libs who want to raise taxes , shut down the entire economy if fauci says to , support 3rd term abortion , defund the cops, let criminals out of jail, support rioters and prosecute people protecting their own property.

• Love
Reactions: Speedway1
He could never be worse than the libs who want to raise taxes , shut down the entire economy if fauci says to , support 3rd term abortion , defund the cops, let criminals out of jail, support rioters and prosecute people protecting their own property.
What about the vast majority of liberals and moderates who don't want to do what you've outlined?

What about the vast majority of liberals and moderates who don't want to do what you've outlined?
Sleepy joe will roll over for any of those .this is the democratic platform. Sleepy joe said he would do anything the doc told him to do and he will increase tax. What could possibly go wrong shutting down the economy and raising tax?

Reactions: Speedway1
Sleepy joe will roll over for any of those .this is the democratic platform. Sleepy joe said he would do anything the doc told him to do and he will increase tax. What could possibly go wrong shutting down the economy and raising tax?
Link to his quotes on that?

BTW, you're full of shit.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
It as time for a plan, and what the f**k did he come up with? Democrat hoax, no worse than the flu, go away in April. Tell us what else the genius, who did away with the Bush pandemic plan, do? Why are you people so stupid to worship such a worthless piece of shit as trump, a man who has never did anything for anyone if it didn't help him?
Not to mention throwing away Obama's plan and dismantling the pandemic response team...so Trump effed up. Maybe sometime these cultists will get that.

Hmmm, so Obama did so great that according to the CDC, “From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus in the US.” CNN says just this last week there are 6.4 million cases of coronavirus. Most of those are in states California, Illinois, and NY.

60.8 million cases compared to 6.4 million cases. Obama’s playbook did a great job of stopping the spread of the virus, didn’t it? Was there a daily h1n1 count? Was society told to wear masks? Were businesses shut down? NO! None of that happened.
lol

Were hospitals over run? Clearly this virus has issues with a vulnerable population. It is not a flu virus either, but a coronavirus. Don’t brag about Obama’s handling of the virus when he did nothing to prevent people from getting it.
Obama was president when the coronavirus hit us? Wut?

Couldn't have had anything to do with a GLOBAL pandemic that touched the lives of every person on the planet would it? Duh

Or the fact trump down played the covid-19 and did noting for 71 days other than rallies and golf. duh

Let’s hope the farmers reward Trump similarly.
I was in farming country in western Iowa today. I didn’t see a single Biden yard sign. But I did see dozens or more Trump ones along with flags etc.....

American farmers are no longer single issue voters. (Crop subsidies etc). They are far more interested in upholding their freedom, law and order, gun rights, and Christian faith. That is what drives them.

So to your hope, I’d say it has zero chance. The left has gone WAY past helping the union people, farmers and the little guy. You know, the dem party of the 70s. Now they have moved on to UBI, UHC, coddling terrorists, hating Israel, taking our guns and ridiculing those of us that attend church. And that is how they lost much of their base. Union men, trade people, farmers etc. They have become a party of intersectionality. A conglomeration of very small interest groups of people that have become bitter about their view or station in America.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT