ADVERTISEMENT

Facts: That many Americans/people in general can't deal with.

Aegon_Targaryen

HR All-American
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2014
Fact 1: You aren't in charge of who gets elected. You are just there for the show. The electorals are the deciders, and they don't have to go by whom you wish. The elected leaders are actually paid for and controlled by the elite.

Fact 2: You're a slave, and your social security number is your slave number. You are US property, and YOU WILL pay taxes and join the military if called upon. Despite the ridiculousness of where the taxes actually go, or whether you agree with our war mongering or not.

Fact 3: You're in a society that glamorizes hate against itself. You see someone successful you cheer for their fall, you see someone lowly, you make fun of them, you only pipe up when disparity happens. Society has taught you to hate one another and to dedicate your time to against each other. Being intelligent and outward thinking is less respected than being ignorant and rich. See the current crop of todays celebrities.

Fact 4: In the end, your money is worthless. It is debt cased currency, backed by more debt, and it continues to lose value. You are not in control of this, the government in reality isn't even in control of this, the private banks are. The same ones that you just bailed out. Remember that money isn't owned by you, it's owned by the Federal Reserve, hence Federal Reserve note. The more you work and the more success you have, the more they take from you. You own nothing, everything, even your property is subject to taxes.

Fact 5: The world and it's people are ugly beings. Capable of beauty, true. But mostly ugly because of their still ugly natural ways. We kill each other, we maim each other, we rape each other, we hate each other, we dishonor our progress, we care more about social media, than actually being social, you'd assume #$# your neighbors spouse, rather than shake your neighbors hand(and likely will if you get a chance).
You ignore the atrocities around the world until those same atrocities come to your door step. You accept that we are cattle for the elite, and most of all you have lost your sense of self. Apathy is a word we are all too familiar with.

Fact 6: Not only do humans suck, but nature is an even bigger issue. The universe ultimately decides our fate as does the nature of the universe and it's components. No matter how civilized we become, the world may destroy us regardless.

Bottomline: life is tough

Reactions: WORTHYWISH
One_dollar_1928.jpg

Series_1934A_Five_Dollar_Silver_Certificate_North_Africa_Obverse1.jpg

us6fx.jpg

Above were all bills of currency before 1913. They were backed by gold or silver. They were US TREASURY notes.

Now, they all say this:

2001$1FederalReserveNoteSnG20001999D.jpg

these are backed by monetized debt. It's a rigged game from a monetary perspective. Totally and completely rigged.

This. Plan B is to go north to Canada and live out the rest of my days in the wilderness somewhere.
I would leave tomorrow if it weren't so f*cking cold there.

My younger brother and his family have lived in Minneapolis for 4 years. I visited last month and still had to wear sweatshirts. I do NOT understand people in polar climates.

I accept all of those things. In the end I'm just glad I'm owned by the team that has the best flying murder machines.
Accepting it and going along with it, is better than simply choosing not to recognize it, or simply trying to correct these things without taking the truths of them into account.

I.E. Thinking that the administration of Bush or Obama is going to change how your life goes in a different way than the other would. Accept that the system is rigged and bigger than any President, and then you have your first step to understanding what you're actually dealing with. Then you can actually attack the real problem.

Reactions: strummingram

My younger brother and his family have lived in Minneapolis for 4 years. I visited last month and still had to wear sweatshirts. I do NOT understand people in polar climates.

Your blood gets thicker, you get used to it. I hate summer here in IA. Its hot and humid and I don't stop sweating unless I'm relaxing inside in the AC. And I'm not a fatty I just don't like the heat.

I've gone fishing in NW Ontario 7 or 8 times to a fly-in/boat-in camp out in the middle of no where, 20 miles from the nearest town. We go early in the year and have fished a few times in snow. Nothing better than sitting around a wood burning stove drinking whiskey after a day of fishing! The summers up there are very pleasant. Highs in the 70s to 80s and not humid.

You guys are thinking about this all wrong. Those notes backed by gold and silver were underwritten by, really, nothing. Gold, silver, and other precious metals only have value because for some reason humans place a value on them. Why is gold considered valuable? Why not aluminum? Aluminum is somewhat rare and actually has a practical use.

Our currency is based on the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government, basically, it's ability to tax, and ultimately our ability as a country to be productive and put out something of value. The greatest threat to our currency isn't that the Fed is printing more money. The greatest threat is losing our ability to produce. The deportation of our manufacturing base is the greatest threat to our future.

Fact:

The weakest comeback any poster can make.

Don't challenge what he stated, just say "You're a dummy" and stick your tongue out while you do it. That's a win every time.
Don't worry about him Strumm, it's just coachy. He just likes to be angry and
You guys are thinking about this all wrong. Those notes backed by gold and silver were underwritten by, really, nothing. Gold, silver, and other precious metals only have value because for some reason humans place a value on them. Why is gold considered valuable? Why not aluminum? Aluminum is somewhat rare and actually has a practical use.

Our currency is based on the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government, basically, it's ability to tax, and ultimately our ability as a country to be productive and put out something of value. The greatest threat to our currency isn't that the Fed is printing more money. The greatest threat is losing our ability to produce. The deportation of our manufacturing base is the greatest threat to our future.
The point is that the spending was limited by the amount of gold/silver/whatever you had backing it. Now that they can just print money whenever they want, and destroy the currency whilst doing so, we have no longer have sound money. Our jobs getting deported is a symptom of not having sound money. They get more bang for their buck elsewhere. If the buck were worth as much as it used to be, it wouldn't be such a problem.
You are right though, we have become a consumer society.

Good grief, a return to the gold standard would be ruinous to our economy. There simply isn't enough gold in the world to back up even a fraction of our economy. There's a reason why we moved away from the gold standard. It's limiting and not practical. I for one am glad we don't have to put up with the nonsense that is the gold standard anymore.

Reactions: cigaretteman

thats all we

If you look at the history of fiat money you will see that the average life expectancy is around 40 years. The only reason ours is lasting longer is because our military has a base in every country and we are forcing our debt on other nations.

You do realize that Toronto is well south of Minneapolis? Right?

Don't worry about him Strumm, it's just coachy. He just likes to be angry and

The point is that the spending was limited by the amount of gold/silver/whatever you had backing it. Now that they can just print money whenever they want, and destroy the currency whilst doing so, we have no longer have sound money. Our jobs getting deported is a symptom of not having sound money. They get more bang for their buck elsewhere. If the buck were worth as much as it used to be, it wouldn't be such a problem.
You are right though, we have become a consumer society.

Yep. And the supply of gold/silver put a constraint on the expansion of the money supply. I don't think it is a problem to back the dollar with the taxing ability of the US Gov't (US productivity). I think it becomes a problem when the supply of money outpaces our productivity.

Actually, if our dollars were worth even more it would exacerbate the problem. It would take even less dollars to produce something overseas and bring it back here for sale. Our jobs getting deported is a product of people in another part of the world willing to work for peanuts because they don't demand a decent standard of living and there are no environmental entanglements. It used to be there were barriers, transportation barriers, etc, there to protect the US workforce. Those barriers no longer exist because overseas shipping is feasible and the world is a more connected place. Are artificial barriers (tariffs) the answer now? I don't know, maybe, but something needs to be done to reverse the trend of our manufacturing base being outsourced.

Tariffs are the answer but they need to be implemented if the same environmental protections aren't in place as in the United States. That alone will bring jobs back. Jobs leave because of taxes and regulations, like environmental standards. I saw a report that i cant link on my phone that shows the difference in cost between us in them is 92% taxes and regulations and 8% wages. Then it made the argument that most companies would find it financially convenient to stay in the US. If you lower the taxes, force all nations that do business with us to uphold certain environmental standards. (With tariffs) Then you will generate more income with taxes because of more industry and more middle class workers.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Accepting it and going along with it, is better than simply choosing not to recognize it, or simply trying to correct these things without taking the truths of them into account.

I.E. Thinking that the administration of Bush or Obama is going to change how your life goes in a different way than the other would. Accept that the system is rigged and bigger than any President, and then you have your first step to understanding what you're actually dealing with. Then you can actually attack the real problem.

You better shut your mouth before you hear the eer eer of these little puppies running over the horizon.

NEa0JO.gif

Good grief, a return to the gold standard would be ruinous to our economy. There simply isn't enough gold in the world to back up even a fraction of our economy. There's a reason why we moved away from the gold standard. It's limiting and not practical. I for one am glad we don't have to put up with the nonsense that is the gold standard anymore.

That as EXACTLY why they insisted on backing it. Otherwise it continuously LOSES VALUE! You have a very naive and Keynesian understanding of economics.

The self-disempowered like the OP continue to make it easy for me to become rich at their expense. Please, carry on.

The self-disempowered like the OP continue to make it easy for me to become rich at their expense. Please, carry on.
I think you missed my point. I'm far from disempowered, boy. How are you making money off of me by the way? Shower curtain salesman?

I think you missed my point. I'm far from disempowered, boy. How are you making money off of me by the way? Shower curtain salesman?

Generally, people who think like your original post use those myths to justify their own plights, disempowering themselves. As such, they are no competition for those of us that see and seize opportunity, and so there is more for us.

One_dollar_1928.jpg

Series_1934A_Five_Dollar_Silver_Certificate_North_Africa_Obverse1.jpg

us6fx.jpg

Above were all bills of currency before 1913. They were backed by gold or silver. They were US TREASURY notes.

Now, they all say this:

2001$1FederalReserveNoteSnG20001999D.jpg

these are backed by monetized debt. It's a rigged game from a monetary perspective. Totally and completely rigged.

I am not for backing the dollar with precious metals, but the fed needs to be nationalized.

Always have, always will. They, unlike most people, could not care less what flag is flying over a piece of real estate. It is important to them that the people residing on the real estate DO care, however.
What people refuse to believe is that war, unfortunately, is big business these days. The chicken hawks will ignore this fact, the ultra-patriots will ignore it, the liberals do nothing about it, and only the libertarians will try to do something to change it, or at the very least let it be universally known.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT