Failed drug test in Lincoln

Digger1

HR Heisman
Sep 30, 2001

Nebraska OL Nouredin Nouili to miss 2022 season after failing drug test​

2:13 PM ET
  • i

Adam RittenbergESPN Senior Writer
Nebraska junior offensive lineman Nouredin Nouili, who started the final seven games last fall, will miss the 2022 season because of a failed drug test.
Nouili announced on Twitter that the NCAA declared him ineligible for the season. He will be allowed to practice with Nebraska this fall and plans to return in 2023.
"I would like to apologize to my family, teammates, coaches, and Husker fans for my error in judgement," Nouili's post reads. "It is an honor to be a part of this football program and represent this university, and I do not take that responsibility likely. Thanks to Coach [Scott] Frost, our athletic and university administration for allowing me to continue to be part of this program in 2022."

A native of Frankfurt, Germany, Nouili was an exchange student and finished high school in Firth, Nebraska, not far from Nebraska's campus. He began his college career at Colorado State and started seven games at guard in 2019 before transferring to Nebraska and joining the team as a walk-on. Nebraska put the 6-foot-4, 315-pound Nouili on scholarship in early November after he became a starter at left guard.
"We will fully support Nouredin Nouili as he continues his academic career at the University of Nebraska," Frost said in a statement. "He is an outstanding young man, who made a mistake that will force him to miss the 2022 season and forfeit a year of eligibility. Noure will be a full participant in practice this fall, and we look forward to him resuming his playing career in 2023."

• Haha
Reactions: KKKtheiowaWay
One wonders: Is it just him juicing or is it that just him got caught? Just how desperate SF is.
To answer you last question, very desperate. Every knows if he wasn’t the former golden boy qb he would’ve been canned after last year and knows with restructured contract make or break year. Why he brought in dozen plus transfers and fired multiple offensive assistants after last year. It will be interesting to see what alberts does if he goes 6-6 or 7-5.

• Haha
Reactions: KKKtheiowaWay
To answer you last question, very desperate. Every knows if he wasn’t the former golden boy qb he would’ve been canned after last year and knows with restructured contract make or break year. Why he brought in dozen plus transfers and fired multiple offensive assistants after last year. It will be interesting to see what alberts does if he goes 6-6 or 7-5.
Here is to hoping it is 5-7 or lower. Love to see Frosty squirm.

Well...I did some research on this. It turns out, that this guy got caught because he was attending one of the illegal workouts that Scott Frost scheduled, and he forgot that they also had drug tests that day. He thought the banned substances were covered by the fact that his coach was also doing something against the rules...kind of a double negative thing.

This story probably happened in the Osborne era, but was never an issue because the athletic dept would never follow up.

But jeez...how fricken dumb do you have to be to get caught now?

ADVERTISEMENT