ADVERTISEMENT

Fair Housing Act upheld too, 5-4

So people that shouldn't be buying houses can still buy houses? Too lazy to look up the fair housing act...
anigif_enhanced-31018-1391978280-19.gif

No, people can't be kept from buying houses because of their race, gender, or country of origin, etc.

So this isn't the law that requires lenders to lend to people with bad credit? I agree 100% that a lender shouldn't be able to deny someone on an EEO basis but they shouldn't be forced to make a loan they know won't be paid back.

Fair Housing Act?

Hmmm... I'm guessing I should be suspicious from the get-go. The Freedom Act, The Patriot Act, Net Neutrality... they all mean the opposite of their name when it gets played-out.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Wingers are going to be pooping their pants when the Supreme Court rules against them on gay marriage, too. I'm looking forward to the bigots of the party, many of whom are running for President, try dismissing this ruling, too.

Wingers are going to be pooping their pants when the Supreme Court rules against them on gay marriage, too. I'm looking forward to the bigots of the party, many of whom are running for President, try dismissing this ruling, too.
sterling-archer-meme-generator-do-you-want-to-jinx-it-because-thats-how-you-jinx-it-0585df.jpg

This was about cases where no discrimination occurs but statistically there appears to be an imbalanced result.

So this isn't the law that requires lenders to lend to people with bad credit? I agree 100% that a lender shouldn't be able to deny someone on an EEO basis but they shouldn't be forced to make a loan they know won't be paid back.
Hate to burst your bubble whatsup...there is NO LAW requiring banks to make bad loans...and there never was such a law. Banks were allowed to interpret the rules that way (lack of oversight)...and thatt allowed banks to make $BILLIONS of dollars as they knowingly bundled bad money mortgages and sold them as "rock solid" to investment houses to sell to their clients for more profit. However, banksters were NEVER required to make a "bad loan" to anyone. Banksters chose the short term, quick profit (greed) to more conservative and predictable established banking practices. That resulted in the housing bubble.

ADVERTISEMENT