ADVERTISEMENT

Fake Controversy.....

Every single thread turns into the same name calling. Has there ever been a thread where you guys agree on anything? Pretty plain to see nobody in Washington gives a crap about the American public.
posters on hrot certainly know a lot about "fake controversy"

My “attitude” is reflective of the facts waterboy. It is not an attitude. It is an observation of what it is. The fact here is the GOP are effing this matter up when in fact, they control the whole enchilada. The Dems are far from perfect. In this matter though, there can be no mistake about where the responsibility lies. The numbers are all with the GOP and their control of both the Legislative and Executive branches is undeniable. The problem with the Republicans is they do not want to govern.

but when the government shut down last time, Democrats had the Senate and the Presidency and you still blamed the republicans

If DACA is on the table and a sticking point, then why is a border wall on the table for the other side and how is that not the same? Regardless, the perception is going to be the GOP controls Congress and the White House and if the government shuts down it will be on them.

No, I actually don't think it will. More and more people saying are the dems there to represent us? Or the Illegals??

The immigration stance is one of the reasons Trump is President. So, the Dems keep beating the same drum and it is pretty clear they care more about the Illegals than the American Citizen.

No, I actually don't think it will. More and more people saying are the dems there to represent us? Or the Illegals??

The immigration stance is one of the reasons Trump is President. So, the Dems keep beating the same drum and it is pretty clear they care more about the Illegals than the American Citizen.

Who are these objective people saying its the Dems favoring illegals? They seem to be trying to protect them. That has no place in a budget bill to keep the lights on in America. But the wall is also an issue and both are being used as bargaining chips. It's up to law makers to find somethings that works for everyone. Not that they will, because in politics having a clear winning and clear loser is important for re-election fodder.

but when the government shut down last time, Democrats had the Senate and the Presidency and you still blamed the republicans

Republicans are the designated whipping boys for government shut downs,.... this was decided years ago.

It's amazing how you guys always manage to cast yourselves as the oppressed. Even after you won and control all branches of govt - as shit falls apart it's somehow still the other guys fault.

It's amazing how you guys always manage to cast yourselves as the oppressed. Even after you won and control all branches of govt - as shit falls apart it's somehow still the other guys fault.

We are pretty amazing, aren't we.....

The one time it did, the American people demanded the GOP compromise and re-open...that is how it happened...After that, the GOP realized shutting it down was a loser.

So the GOP did compromise and negotiate? I am confused because you and another poster just said they never did

Reactions: rocketclone
So the GOP did compromise and negotiate? I am confused because you and another poster just said they never did
After their failure the first time...and it ended up being the Dems that compromised to end the first shut down as Dems accepted mandatory budget reductions in exchange for the GOPers to agree to raise the debt limit. THAT was the compromise...if memory serves me correctly. The GOP cons got their cake...they did not walk away empty by any means.

Who are these objective people saying its the Dems favoring illegals? They seem to be trying to protect them. That has no place in a budget bill to keep the lights on in America. But the wall is also an issue and both are being used as bargaining chips. It's up to law makers to find somethings that works for everyone. Not that they will, because in politics having a clear winning and clear loser is important for re-election fodder.

No, they are representing them. DACA needs to be worked on separately. Pretty simple really keep it out of the bill we are talking about now and work on it separate from spending.

No, they are representing them. DACA needs to be worked on separately. Pretty simple really keep it out of the bill we are talking about now and work on it separate from spending.
It had been worked out previously and then a segment of the GOP caucus refused to consider/vote on the BIPARTISAN agreement that has been reached b y the House and the Senate.

After their failure the first time...and it ended up being the Dems that compromised to end the first shut down as Dems accepted mandatory budget reductions in exchange for the GOPers to agree to raise the debt limit. THAT was the compromise...if memory serves me correctly. The GOP cons got their cake...they did not walk away empty by any means.

So to sum it up, republicans gave up something and the democrats gave up something, in other words compromise.

It had been worked out previously and then a segment of the GOP caucus refused to consider/vote on the BIPARTISAN agreement that has been reached b y the House and the Senate.

The DACA bill?? Or the bill to continue funding??

My “attitude” is reflective of the facts waterboy. It is not an attitude. It is an observation of what it is. The fact here is the GOP are effing this matter up when in fact, they control the whole enchilada. The Dems are far from perfect. In this matter though, there can be no mistake about where the responsibility lies. The numbers are all with the GOP and their control of both the Legislative and Executive branches is undeniable. The problem with the Republicans is they do not want to govern.

Grumpy old man is grumpy

As a shut down of the federal government looms and becomes more a reality the discussion amongst the talking heads and politicos is “Whi is to blame? The Democrats or the Republicans?”
Well, “duh!” The GOP controls the House, the Senate and the White House. The GOP has the numbers to pass anything, yet they can’t pass a thing. How do the Dems even enter into “fault” conversation? It is a “fake controversy” at best. Failure to govern is 100% on the GOP. And some here become upset when the GOP is called the Party of No.
So tomorrow the democrats are going to tell us weather they are for the US serviceman, or they are for NON-americans. It really is that simple. Are the democrats for Americans, or against Americans? Make them go on record.

Reactions: Lone Clone
So tomorrow the democrats are going to tell us weather they are for the US serviceman, or they are for NON-americans. It really is that simple. Are the democrats for Americans, or against Americans? Make them go on record.
If that is your interpretation...I guess so. The military will get whatever it wants, needs and then some.....you know it and I know it...Its people and citizens who get n othing and get screwed....

If that is your interpretation...I guess so. The military will get whatever it wants, needs and then some.....you know it and I know it...Its people and citizens who get n othing and get screwed....
Not if the Dems have their way. We're talking paychecks.

Might be because the Dems wanted a clean bill and the GOP kept jamming stuff in that they KNEW the Dems wouldn't back. The public blamed the GOP too, you know. Right now the GOP could pass a clean CR. Nothing the Dems could do to stop it. So who's fault is it?

Reactions: BelemNole
Might be because the Dems wanted a clean bill and the GOP kept jamming stuff in that they KNEW the Dems wouldn't back. The public blamed the GOP too, you know. Right now the GOP could pass a clean CR. Nothing the Dems could do to stop it. So who's fault is it?

The CR can be filibustered correct?

The CR can be filibustered correct?
Sorry...the Dems have said they wouldn't support a bill that doesn't deal with DACA but there is no threat of a filibuster on a clean bill. The GOP can't put enough votes together from their own side to pass it. Looks like they're trying to reauthorize CHIP for six years - you think the Dems would filibuster that? This is all in the GOP court...as long as they don't do something idiotic like try to include funding for a moronic border "wall".

Reactions: BelemNole
Sorry...the Dems have said they wouldn't support a bill that doesn't deal with DACA but there is no threat of a filibuster on a clean bill. The GOP can't put enough votes together from their own side to pass it. Looks like they're trying to reauthorize CHIP for six years - you think the Dems would filibuster that? This is all in the GOP court...as long as they don't do something idiotic like try to include funding for a moronic border "wall".

not according to this article
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/18/government-shutdown-2018-trump-republicans-345532

You should read your own link:

“I am convinced that between Republicans who publicly said they’re [voting] no and Democrats who said they’re a ‘no,’ there are not enough votes in this chamber” to pass the House plan, said a Democratic Senator, who requested anonymity to discuss the matter freely.

The word "filibuster" doesn't appear anywhere in the article.

You should read your own link:

“I am convinced that between Republicans who publicly said they’re [voting] no and Democrats who said they’re a ‘no,’ there are not enough votes in this chamber” to pass the House plan, said a Democratic Senator, who requested anonymity to discuss the matter freely.

The word "filibuster" doesn't appear anywhere in the article.

but they are talking that they need 60 votes, which means in order to avoid a filibuster......

The military will continue without impairment provided the POTUS doesn't intervene. Typically, the POTUS lies.

I posted this the other day. It's Graham questioning Nielsen on the DACA/border security issue. It's clear some of you haven't seen it. He nails it.

thumbs-up.png

Reactions: Hawk8595
but they are talking that they need 60 votes, which means in order to avoid a filibuster......
They don;t need to filibuster it...they just need to keep in line. Graham and Rounds have already said they oppose the House bill. McCain is out. That's 48 GOP votes. We'll see how it plays out.

What exactly was his detailed agenda? He made a lot of promises but not a lot of thought about how he was going to achieve them. ISIS was going to be gone in 30 days, Mexico was going to pay for the wall, immigration ban was going to keep us safer. When it came down to getting those things done nothing ever happened and in the case of the ban it was not well thought out in advance enough to not get shot down in court.

He wants to MAGA, but other than talk about it, he has no real plans on how to actually achieve it.

This. This. This......

What sane 6th grader couldn't see through the bullshit spewed during his campaign? All promises, but absolutely no ideas on how do do ANYTHING. Even Kelly said today that his immigration promises were "uninformed".

All we ever heard was how smart he was: the guy who "knows more about" everything "than anyone else in the world". "Trust me......"

How could so many people fall for it?

You are one that took the time. Congrats. I sent an email to Graham thanking him for the legislative schooling. He absolutely nailed the situation. He was asked today about the s..thole statement and he said he wouldn't comment because he didn't want the lines of communications shut down. In other words, it's true but he can't say it. That's the sorry state of our so called executive branch leadership.

They don;t need to filibuster it...they just need to keep in line. Graham and Rounds have already said they oppose the House bill. McCain is out. That's 48 GOP votes. We'll see how it plays out.
Graham is pissed at Trump, gonna do whatever he can to embarrass him. Not realizing, apparently, that nothing can embarrass Trump.

Who is Rounds? Paul is a "no," I think. And there's another one besides McCain who isn't going to be there to vote.

Getting back to the point of the thread "shutting down the government" has always been a fake controversy. But the media love it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT