ADVERTISEMENT

#fakenews CNN Now Attacking Rushmore

You might want to inform Mt. Vernon of your findings. Because they agree that they were slave teeth.

"...according to the AP. Washington paid six pounds for nine teeth pulled from slaves, according to a 1784 ledger, but Mount Vernon’s website indicates the payment does not mean the slaves had any choice in the matter."

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...scontinues-washington-magnet-over-slave-teeth

Great. So, you lied. Or at the very least were wrong. I said they were slave teeth. Purchased according to a primary resource. Thanks.

Great. So, you lied. Or at the very least were wrong. I said they were slave teeth. Purchased according to a primary resource. Thanks.
Good. I'm glad that you fully agree with me that Washington pulled teeth from slaves to use as his own. The fact that they were forced into selling them doesn't make it any less despicable and inhumane.

Good. I'm glad that you fully agree with me that Washington pulled teeth from slaves to use as his own. The fact that they were forced into selling them doesn't make it any less despicable and inhumane.

Where do you see they were forced into selling them. If they were forced they wouldn’t have been paid. We still pay people to donate hair, blood, plasma, etc. None are forced. You keep adding that fabrication because you want him to be a monster.

Where do you see they were forced into selling them. If they were forced they wouldn’t have been paid. We still pay people to donate hair, blood, plasma, etc. None are forced. You keep adding that fabrication because you want him to be a monster.
I already copy and pasted it on page 2. But since you want to be slow and lazy tonight here you go again:

"...according to the AP. Washington paid six pounds for nine teeth pulled from slaves, according to a 1784 ledger, but Mount Vernon’s website indicates the payment does not mean the slaves had any choice in the matter."

Forcing people to sell their own body parts is absolutely monstrous. I'm surprised that you disagree.

I already copy and pasted it on page 2. But since you want to be slow and lazy tonight here you go again:

Forcing people to sell their own body parts is absolutely monstrous. I'm surprised that you disagree.

Point to the part where it says they were forced to do it. Highlight that part. You can’t.

Here’s the actual site you keep referencing...
https://www.mountvernon.org/george-...tons-teeth/george-washington-and-slave-teeth/

From Mount Vernon...

Whether the teeth provided by the Mount Vernon enslaved people were simply being sold to the dentist for any patient who needed them or intended for George Washington, is unknown. Since Washington paid for the teeth it suggests that they were either for his own use or for someone in his family. It is important to note that while Washington paid these enslaved people for their teeth it does not mean they had a real option to refuse his request.

While it may seem particularly gruesome, a perfectly acceptable means of making money was by selling teeth to dentists. Since at least the end of the Middle Ages, very poor people have sold their teeth for use in both dentures and in tooth transplant operations to benefit those wealthy enough to afford these procedures. Healthy incisors, preferably from young, healthy donors, were necessary for transplantation. Whereas, teeth used in dentures could be either incisors or molars and might even be taken from corpses.2

Reactions: UNIowaHawk
Point to the part where it says they were forced to do it. Highlight that part. You can’t.

Here’s the actual site you keep referencing...
https://www.mountvernon.org/george-...tons-teeth/george-washington-and-slave-teeth/

From Mount Vernon...

Whether the teeth provided by the Mount Vernon enslaved people were simply being sold to the dentist for any patient who needed them or intended for George Washington, is unknown. Since Washington paid for the teeth it suggests that they were either for his own use or for someone in his family. It is important to note that while Washington paid these enslaved people for their teeth it does not mean they had a real option to refuse his request.

While it may seem particularly gruesome, a perfectly acceptable means of making money was by selling teeth to dentists. Since at least the end of the Middle Ages, very poor people have sold their teeth for use in both dentures and in tooth transplant operations to benefit those wealthy enough to afford these procedures. Healthy incisors, preferably from young, healthy donors, were necessary for transplantation. Whereas, teeth used in dentures could be either incisors or molars and might even be taken from corpses.2

"It is important to note that while Washington paid these enslaved people for their teeth it does not mean they had a real option to refuse his request."

Way to miss the important part of your own link:

"It is important to note that while Washington paid these enslaved people for their teeth it does not mean they had a real option to refuse his request."

No. That’s not the important part. That’s called “we have no clue”. The people at Mount Vernon have proof he paid and no proof they were forced. And you claim to know more than them and assume that means they were forced. But that’s what you do. You’re a crazy person. I keep forgetting.

No. That’s not the important part. That’s called “we have no clue”. The people at Mount Vernon have proof he paid and no proof they were forced. And you claim to know more than them and assume that means they were forced. But that’s what you do. You’re a crazy person. I keep forgetting.
Hang it up, yellow. You just don't have the juice tonight.

Of course I stand on the shoulders of Jefferson. And he stood on the shoulders of slaves. That part keeps getting ignored.
If you keep looking for the perfect person to celebrate, eventually you’ll only be left with Christ. Make sure you depict him in the correct racial complexion as well.

Iconography, statues, traditions and ritual are very important to our shared culture. When that is literally torn to the ground it makes me incredibly sad, because our shared culture is literally all we have in common as a people.

Jimmy Kimmel too who blatantly uses the N word.
and a history of objectifying women

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: UKGrad93
CNN Praised Mt. Rushmore when Obama Visited; Attacks when Trump Visits

200.gif

21XGCp_0PVtJ6EM00

CNN described Mount Rushmore as a “monument of two slave owners” on “land wrestled [sic] away from Native Americans” ahead of President Donald Trump’s visit there on Friday.

But in 2008, CNN marveled at the landmark when then-Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) visited Rushmore on the campaign trail.

Partisan outrage is an irritant, but certainly becomes less tolerable when news agencies succumb to them. CNN and Fox are the WORST at this.

Our nation's history is completely whitewashed. That needs to change. We also need to stop romanticizing the founding of our country. We need to see the inhumanity created by our fathers to learn where we truly come from.

As long as we don't romanticize everything else right? Like MLK being romanticized despite being a rapist.

How about the Sioux committing genocide on the Cheyenne? Unless you think all Indians are the same?

The Aztecs being cannibals against their enemies?

Reactions: alaskanseminole

200.gif

21XGCp_0PVtJ6EM00

CNN described Mount Rushmore as a “monument of two slave owners” on “land wrestled [sic] away from Native Americans” ahead of President Donald Trump’s visit there on Friday.

But in 2008, CNN marveled at the landmark when then-Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) visited Rushmore on the campaign trail.

Partisan outrage is an irritant, but certainly becomes less tolerable when news agencies succumb to them. CNN and Fox are the WORST at this.

I was only 4 short years ago that Bernie visited.

200.gif

21XGCp_0PVtJ6EM00

In 2016, a CNN reporter described Mount Rushmore as a "monument to four great American presidents" while narrating a story about a visit to the monument by then-presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.,

"This is our country at it's very best," Sanders said at the time. "What an incredible achievement."

Our nation's history is completely whitewashed. That needs to change. We also need to stop romanticizing the founding of our country. We need to see the inhumanity created by our fathers to learn where we truly come from.

We've done that and continue to do that. It's why we've changed so much over the course of our history and continue to change. It doesn't mean we stop honoring the moments that changed our history for the better and gave birth to a great nation. If you study history at all you will see how ugly all aspects of humanity has been. The horrible things all ethnicities have done to their own and others is appalling. However we also continue to grow as a society. All nationalities have their heros. Very few of them are perfect as viewed today but lived in different times. I like to think of humanity as the quote from True Detective. When looking up at the night sky they talk about how much darkness there is. Woody alludes to the fact darkness is winning because of how little light is in the sky. McConaughey says once there was only darkness. If you ask me the light is winning.

I will add a conversation I had with a Navajo while I passing through Cortez Colorado. While sitting at a bar exchanging stories he told me what pains him the most is how all races today treat all Native Americans the same, as one ethnic group. He stated that once they were made up of many completely different tribes that had their own cultures, beliefs, and gods. You wouldn't know the differences today as nobody cares and almost all of their past has been lost. Very little knowledge of it exists today. That happened because no political party or ethnic group cared and they all just lumped them together as one people and tried to use them for gain.

200.gif

21XGCp_0PVtJ6EM00

About time one of the major news networks showed some growth.

Of course the slaves had a choice. Da Da Derp.

ADVERTISEMENT