ADVERTISEMENT

Fall is here (well at least for today)

I wore my raincoat to walk the dog this AM and the long sleeves felt good. Usually can only tolerate the umbrella. If it would just STOP RAINING...15 straight days. I think I have webbed feet.

Reactions: runkpanole
I ordered a fire table and two patio heaters hoping to drag out another month use of the deck. Then transition to monthly trips to the desert.

Reactions: runkpanole
It was beautiful this morning. But now we are starting to get the outer bands from Beta

It’s a perfect day in Gods Country.

I84ni9o.jpg

Reactions: Gimmered
High of 66 yesterday up here inn NW Wisky
Earlier in the week some overnight lows were 30 and 35.
High in lower 70's this week.
leaves are changing fast. Figure full colors in 2 weeks.

Temps in the high 60s today, but raining. I still have lots to do outside. Lots.

15 straight days of rain and the weeds are out in full force. Windy too - I picked up many palm fronds in the front yard today.

Did you guys take a big hit?
Yup. Not as much wind damage as Ivan, but almost as much water.

And a Skanska barge took out a big chunk of the new bridge from Pensacola to Gulf Breeze.

I had about two feet of water in the lower level of my house. Also got in my car and motorcycle.

• Angry
Reactions: LesClaypool
Yup. Not as much wind damage as Ivan, but almost as much water.

And a Skanska barge took out a big chunk of the new bridge from Pensacola to Gulf Breeze.

I had about two feet of water in the lower level of my house. Also got in my car and motorcycle.
Rats. That sucks.
It just seems so often that flooding is the unspoken damage. Wind damage is the headliner, but it is soon long gone. Mitigation of high water hangs around like an unwanted guest.
Ivan and Francis were two nearly back to back storms that wrecked havoc in our far inland area some 16 years ago. People died and homes/businesses never recovered.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT