ADVERTISEMENT

Famous Wordsmith and Father figure, Alec Baldwin with a fresh Simile or is it a Metaphor? Language Experts help me out on this one please.

Is the quote in question correctly considered an example of a Simile? or a Metaphor?

• Simile

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Titus Andronicus

HR Legend
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
Poll: Mr. Baldwin, America's favorite father figure was being interviewed on "The Chris Cuomo Project" and complaining about the reporting of the New York Post," who then featured the quote in their own publication:

From the NY Post:

"The conversation took a bizarre turn when Baldwin tried to illustrate what he believes is the media’s skewed perception of his actions.

“If George Bush’s mother, Barbara, fell through the ice on a pond and I waded into the pond and saved her life, they’d say I groped her. They’d say I squeezed her breast while I was pulling her out of the pond,” Baldwin insisted.

“It doesn’t matter what you do,” he said. “The ones that are out to get you are out to get you.”

• Haha
Reactions: desihawk
Poll: Mr. Baldwin, America's favorite father figure was being interviewed on "The Chris Cuomo Project" and complaining about the reporting of the New York Post," who then featured the quote in their own publication:

From the NY Post:

"The conversation took a bizarre turn when Baldwin tried to illustrate what he believes is the media’s skewed perception of his actions.

“If George Bush’s mother, Barbara, fell through the ice on a pond and I waded into the pond and saved her life, they’d say I groped her. They’d say I squeezed her breast while I was pulling her out of the pond,” Baldwin insisted.

“It doesn’t matter what you do,” he said. “The ones that are out to get you are out to get you.”
The correct answer is neither.

Poll: Mr. Baldwin, America's biggest douche and murderer was being interviewed on "The Chris Cuomo Project" and complaining about the reporting of the New York Post," who then featured the quote in their own publication:
fix'd. Also what are you watching CNN for, especially the fredo show?

... what are you watching CNN for, especially the fredo show?
The Post reported this: Here is their article complete with video ... unsurprisingly, Mr. Baldwin lets his true feelings about the New York Post shine through on the show ... while I personally like the Post a lot and admit to reading it on a regular basis.)

Last edited:
I don't understand the relevance of this analogy, unless Alec also shot Barbara after pulling her out of the pond.

One thing I will say about Mr. Baldwin; he really hit a home run in the matrimony department. She and he seem to be perfectly compatible, while living in their own slightly altered parallel universe ... Just like Ben and JLo.

A 25 word thread title used for topic making fun of another person’s poor communication skills?

God I love this place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT