ADVERTISEMENT

Fant named pre-season first team All-American by Athlon Sports

Apr 8, 2003
Fant Named 1st Team All-American by Athlon Sports

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- University of Iowa junior tight end Noah Fant was named to the Athlon Sports 2018 All-America team, it was announced Tuesday.

Fant, who led all FBS tight ends averaging 16.5 yards per catch in 2017, landed on the All-Big Ten first team. He led Iowa and all FBS tight ends with 11 touchdown receptions, and ranked second on the team with a career-high 30 receptions.

The Omaha, Nebraska, native was named to the Athlon Sports All-Big Ten preseason team in May and is one of three Big Ten athletes named a first-team All-America selection.

In addition, the Big Ten leads all conferences with 22 All-America selections.

The complete Athlon Sports All-America team is available at athlonsports.com.

Iowa opens the 2018 season hosting Northern Illinois on Sept. 1 in the first of seven home games at Kinnick Stadium. For ticket information visit hawkeyesports.com/fightforiowa.

This is going to sound a little odd in light of this development but I believe Hockenson could put up better overall numbers this season.

Awesome to see the preseas recognition! He'll obviously be on the Mackey watch list as well. hope he has the same kind of sterling performance this year as last. Hock is a baller too. If he has a similar year he'll be one of the Iowa greats at TE as well.

UM should have a very, very good defense this fall. They could make some good offenses look bad. I love Iowa's DEs but Gary and Winovich may be the best duo in the country. Add Bush and Hudson at LB, Hill and Long at the corners. If Harbaugh can put together an OL and better than serviceable QB, Blue could win the East.

A couple years ago, Michigan had 12 guys drafted. I think almost every position on the defense was part of that group.

And they still placed 3rd in the East. “Show me” time in Ann Arbor IMHO.

Reactions: td77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT