ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Fant planning official visits

Apr 8, 2003
Nothing scheduled yet, but he's still planning to take all 5 official visits.

Here's a new Ticker article from Bryan Munson of the Nebraska site.

---

Noah Fant, a 6-foot-5 and 210-pound tight end from Omaha (Neb.) South, is hoping for one more win this year for his basketball team. Fant is a two-sport standout for South and they came up short in the state championship game last year in basketball. Fant thinks that this year can be different.

"Our first basketball game is on Thursday," Fant said. "We were runner up last year and we are hoping to take it all this year. Things didn't go our way last year in the championship game.

"I am primarily a power forward, but they move me around a little bit. My favorite part of playing the game is how my coach showcases my athleticism running and jumping."

Fant committed to Iowa toward the end of August. Since then though Fant has taken trips to visit some schools. Additionally, Iowa had two tight ends in their class, including Fant, up until last week when they added a third.

"When I got into this situation Iowa wasn't very happy with me going on trips to Notre Dame and stuff," Fant said. "They (Iowa) never gave me a number of tight ends in the class that they were taking. They told me that I was their guy. They felt like I was committed there to them and they didn't understand why I was visiting other schools."

The additional tight end in the class for Iowa doesn't concern Fant. There is some irony in the situation with Fant taking visits and being committed and Iowa evaluating additional tight ends. Fant says that he has continued to evaluate all the schools and will take all five of his official visits.

"It's a double thing to me," Fant said. "The numbers in the class don't bother me. They new commit doesn't bother me that much. I was asked why I would go and look at other places, but I feel it goes both ways. I know that this is a business. I will be taking all of my official visits and I will still be evaluating schools as they come."

Fant has all five of his official visits left to schedule and take. He says that he will start to do that soon and knows of three schools that he would definitely like to officially visit. There is a growing list of schools that Fant is considering for the last two official visit slots.

"I haven't taken any official visits yet," Fant said. "I was going to start setting up some visits soon. I was going to reach out to UCLA, Arizona State and I would take one to Iowa too. The coaches at Michigan recently started following me on Twitter. California, Minnesota, Vanderbilt and Nebraska are others I am considering for the last visit spots."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.