ADVERTISEMENT

Far-right gun group warns supporters to prepare for 'battle' at the US Capitol if gun compromise passes

TheCainer

HR Legend
Sep 23, 2003
Another pending attack on our nation's Capitol?
I wonder where they got this idea??????????

On Monday, the far-right American Firearms Association sent a call to action to supporters urging them to do everything in their power to stop an emerging compromise on gun safety that appears to be taking shape in the Senate — including, potentially, engaging in a "battle" "all over the Capitol complex."

The fundraising email, flagged by Jennifer Bendery of the Huffington Post, claims that "we fully expect our systems to be attacked by nefarious, left-wing actors who want to shut our systems down."

"Our federal legislative team believes that because of the enormity of the battle this week in DC, there will be thousands or even tens of thousands of Bloomberg-funded, red shirt radical, commie mommies all over the Capitol complex," continued the email, an apparent reference to the gun-safety activist group Moms Demand Action. "This is their Super Bowl. You and I should be looking at this battle in exactly the same way."

The compromise legislation being crafted in the wake of the Uvalde, Texas school shooting, being brokered by Republican and Democratic senators, has not taken any public shape yet.

However, sources indicate that the bill is likely to be a narrow measure that could add more data to federal background checks, encourage more states to adopt "red-flag laws" to confiscate guns from mentally unstable people, and strengthen funding for mental health programs.

More ambitious proposals like making background checks apply to private sales, or raising the age to purchase semiautomatic rifles, do not appear to be part of the discussion at this time.

https://www.rawstory.com/us-civi-war-over-gun-laws/

Another pending attack on our nation's Capitol?
I wonder where they got this idea??????????

On Monday, the far-right American Firearms Association sent a call to action to supporters urging them to do everything in their power to stop an emerging compromise on gun safety that appears to be taking shape in the Senate — including, potentially, engaging in a "battle" "all over the Capitol complex."

The fundraising email, flagged by Jennifer Bendery of the Huffington Post, claims that "we fully expect our systems to be attacked by nefarious, left-wing actors who want to shut our systems down."

"Our federal legislative team believes that because of the enormity of the battle this week in DC, there will be thousands or even tens of thousands of Bloomberg-funded, red shirt radical, commie mommies all over the Capitol complex," continued the email, an apparent reference to the gun-safety activist group Moms Demand Action. "This is their Super Bowl. You and I should be looking at this battle in exactly the same way."

The compromise legislation being crafted in the wake of the Uvalde, Texas school shooting, being brokered by Republican and Democratic senators, has not taken any public shape yet.

However, sources indicate that the bill is likely to be a narrow measure that could add more data to federal background checks, encourage more states to adopt "red-flag laws" to confiscate guns from mentally unstable people, and strengthen funding for mental health programs.

More ambitious proposals like making background checks apply to private sales, or raising the age to purchase semiautomatic rifles, do not appear to be part of the discussion at this time.

https://www.rawstory.com/us-civi-war-over-gun-laws/
Fear the Gravy Seals.

It's a wonder to me how many people will show up for an angry protest, where guns will be on display on both sides. It's obviously a dangerous situation that will accomplish nothing.

It's a wonder to me how many people will show up for an angry protest, where guns will be on display on both sides. It's obviously a dangerous situation that will accomplish nothing.
yeah, I can just imagine the conversation in my house....

Child: Mom, I'm heading down to the Hill to watch the gun rights protesters and counterprotesters face off.

Mom (channeling Garrettt Morris): Say whaaaa....?

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Maybe this group and the Jane's Revenge crazies will all meet up in DC at the same time. They can do everyone a favor and take each other out.

Reactions: Aardvark86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT