ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo Cadets

Avila was up by one and decided to put legs in. The other kid stood up and dropped Avils straight to his back for 4. Head scratching....

Avila was up by one and decided to put legs in. The other kid stood up and dropped Avils straight to his back for 4. Head scratching....

Yes...needs to up his FS IQ...only 15 secs left. He had come back to lace the kid to score 6 straight. He lost 14-13. The kid he lost to has TF'd everybody else and is in the quarters...decent kid from Georgia.

Please keep an eye on Carter Fousek. He was WFL's first Logan Luft Camp Scholarship recipient.

Fousek is a stud. I watched a few of his matches in the duals , no one was close to him. Kid is going to be a hammer. Had he kept winning , one of our kids would have seen him in the Semi's, but he dropped a match to Kaess from Washington. Kinda wanted to see where he stood , guess I got my answer lol.

Fousek is a stud. I watched a few of his matches in the duals , no one was close to him. Kid is going to be a hammer. Had he kept winning , one of our kids would have seen him in the Semi's, but he dropped a match to Kaess from Washington. Kinda wanted to see where he stood , guess I got my answer lol.

Is he going to Crestwood or New Hampton for HS?

Anyone who has kids competing at a high level on the youth circuit in Iowa are fully aware of Carter Fousek. He won 5 AAU titles? A few kids who are one year away from competing at the Cadet level and would be in the mix this year at Fargo are Aiden Riggins and Ryder Block.

Yeah that’s Ayala, he gave up two fours early kid he was wrestling (New Jersey maybe?) had some nice feet to back trips. Ayala kept coming though and stayed really busy ended up winning by some crazy score like 15-11 or so. Great motor and mental toughness

Drake’s always pushing the pace. Even losing to Schriever at State he was always on his offense. I might be somewhat partial but would love it if Iowa went after him.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
Yeah that’s Ayala, he gave up two fours early kid he was wrestling (New Jersey maybe?) had some nice feet to back trips. Ayala kept coming though and stayed really busy ended up winning by some crazy score like 15-11 or so. Great motor and mental toughness

Drake Ayala (Iowa) VPO1 Jack Maida (New Jersey), 18-13

Caleb Rathjen (Iowa) VPO1 Ramon Ramos (Arizona), 6-4

Carter Fousek (Iowa) VSU1 Guy Clevenger (Oklahoma), 14-3 4:16

Sage Walker (Iowa) VSU Matthew Rogers (New York), 10-0 1:40

Go Caleb! As I mentioned before, Kirk Rathjen is a close friend and was part of my 4-some at the HWC Golf outing in DM last fall. Kirk was a stud in his own right on the mat winning a state title in high school. Played football in college. Great athlete and tough as nails. Caleb will be a force. He was hurt most of last year (not an excuse as the Rathjen family would never use it but just a fact) and still took second as a true frosh losing by 2 in the finals. And the Rathjen clan bleeds black and gold.

Go Caleb! As I mentioned before, Kirk Rathjen is a close friend and was part of my 4-some at the HWC Golf outing in DM last fall. Kirk was a stud in his own right on the mat winning a state title in high school. Played football in college. Great athlete and tough as nails. Caleb will be a force. He was hurt most of last year (not an excuse as the Rathjen family would never use it but just a fact) and still took second as a true frosh losing by 2 in the finals. And the Rathjen clan bleeds black and gold.

Caleb impressed me the most at state even though he lost. He was the best wrestler that I watched. I took some heat posting that here. He’s going to be a great one. Offer now. I know, I know.

Reactions: HIWILLE and Gobblin
Is this only on Flo now? Where can I find brackets/results? Don't see anything on Track.

He's been wrestling pretty good up from 88 last year, I'd hoped he got this far sure does have that go getter'tude.
How you doing buddy :) Good luck Hunter.
Let's go Iowa

Hey bud...yea, didn’t seem he had his head ready and the kid he wrestled was an animal.

Reactions: MSeil
Did they get a new coach at Crestwood? Who is it?
I’m not aware of them getting a new coach. I heard they have decided to stay at Crestwood. I think the older brother is comfortable there. I had been hearing waverly for awhile or new Hampton but I heard a week ago that he will be at Crestwood this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT