ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo Cadets

I’m not aware of them getting a new coach. I heard they have decided to stay at Crestwood. I think the older brother is comfortable there. I had been hearing waverly for awhile or new Hampton but I heard a week ago that he will be at Crestwood this year.

Maybe I was misinformed but I thought Coach Slifka didn't have his contract renewed. I am sure he wasn't perfect but I've enjoyed my contact with him and he seems to develop wrestlers well. A solid coach, IMHO.

Maybe I was misinformed but I thought Coach Slifka didn't have his contract renewed. I am sure he wasn't perfect but I've enjoyed my contact with him and he seems to develop wrestlers well. A solid coach, IMHO.

I heard the football coach wasn’t renewed but wasn’t aware of Coach Slifka not being renewed. He definitely wasn’t perfect but he has run a consistent program that has been a borderline top 10 team for a number of years. Not sure what you do as a school though if you have potentially two high profile wrestlers (Blockhus and Fousek) transfer because of the coach.

I heard the football coach wasn’t renewed but wasn’t aware of Coach Slifka not being renewed. He definitely wasn’t perfect but he has run a consistent program that has been a borderline top 10 team for a number of years. Not sure what you do as a school though if you have potentially two high profile wrestlers (Blockhus and Fousek) transfer because of the coach.
I think Skip Eckhard was hired as the new football coach at Crestwood.

I think Skip Eckhard was hired as the new football coach at Crestwood.
He was. He was on the staff last year and the previous head coach, who was on Skip’s staff when he was there the first time, wasn’t retained as head coach.

He was. He was on the staff last year and the previous head coach, who was on Skip’s staff when he was there the first time, wasn’t retained as head coach.

Why did they cut the last coach loose?

I believe Skip coached at Cedar Falls last year.

Finals about ready to start:

Finals Match Ups - Monday 1PM CT
88 lbs: Jore Volk (Minnesota) vs. Mason Gehloff (Minnesota)

94 lbs: Maxximus Martinez (California) vs. Carter Fousek (Iowa)

100 lbs: #17 Jordan Williams (Oklahoma) vs. #16 Alex Almeyda (New Jersey)

106 lbs: Nicolar Rivera (Wisconsin) vs. #8 Yusief Lillie (Washington)

113 lbs: Daniel Cardenas (Colorado) vs. #5 Jakason Burks (Nebraska)

120 lbs: #16 Jesse Ybarra (Arizona) vs. Caleb Rathjen (Iowa)

126 lbs: #13 Mick Burnett (Ohio) vs. #4 Dominick Serrano (Colorado)

132 lbs: #6 Ryan Franco (California) vs. #13 Josh Edmond (Michigan)

138 lbs: #13 Travis Mastrogiovanni (New Jersey) vs. Luke Geog (Ohio)

145 lbs: #1 Carson Manville (Pennsylvania) vs. #17 John Martin Best (West Virginia)

152 lbs: Manuel Rojas (Michigan) vs. Tate Picklo (Oklahoma)

160 lbs: Quayin Short (Minnesota) vs. Connor O'Neil (New Jersey)

170 lbs: Sam Skillings (Wisconsin) vs. Luke Stout (Pennsylvania)

182 lbs: Nathan Haas (California) vs. Rocky Elam (Missouri)

195 lbs: Kolby Franklin (Pennsylvania) vs. Noah Pettigrew (Georgia)

220 lbs: Chris Island (California) vs. Nathaniel Deasey (Arizona)

285 lbs: #15 Hayden Copass (Illinois) vs. Colby Whitehill (Pennsylvania)

Reactions: funnyfletcher
88 Brandon finishes 4th

Tristan Stafford (Arkansas) VPO1 Brandon O`brien (Iowa), 7-5

Fousek finishes 2nd
94 Maxximus Martinez (California) VPO1 Carter Fousek (Iowa), 6-2
**That's the only points(2) Maxximus gave up all tourney

Reactions: funnyfletcher
Iowa 0-3 so far... Ayala finishes 4th

Sheldon Seymour (Pennsylvania) VSU Drake Ayala (Iowa), 10-0 3:17

Iowa 0-5 in medal round .. bummer

170 Seth Shumate (Ohio) VSU1 Sage Walker (Iowa), 19-8 2:46

Why did they cut the last coach loose?

I believe Skip coached at Cedar Falls last year.
I think skip was on the staff at Cresco last year. Maybe an o-line coach or something. I think it depends on which rumor you believe as to why the head coach wasn’t brought back but I think most would say they just thought it was time for a change.

I think skip was on the staff at Cresco last year. Maybe an o-line coach or something. I think it depends on which rumor you believe as to why the head coach wasn’t brought back but I think most would say they just thought it was time for a change.

Years ago I remember Lenz going shorts and sleeve shirt for games with temps in the 40s. Looked like a psycho. Lol

Found this article: http://www.crescotimes.com/news/school-board-does-not-renew-football-coaches’-contracts

ADVERTISEMENT