ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo

Spicolli

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2001
Next week, but here is a tidbit from Flo

285: Cassioppi vs Parris vs Hutmacher
Throw a big ol' steak in the center and just let 'em go at it. Two of these guys-Cassioppi and Hutmacher-were at the top of the podiums last year. Now you throw them in the same bracket with the manchild that is Mason Parris, who is making his first appearance in Fargo, and you’ve got a recipe for the best disaster ever. Parris has been prepping with Greco World Team Member Adam Coon so don’t be surprised if you see him lock up a little upper body trick. But with how Parris has performed on his feet in folkstyle, I think he will transition nicely. However, Cassioppi probably isn’t the type to try anything like that against. He’s been pretty phenomenal with losses only coming to Gable Steveson. In the end, this bracket will be one of the best to watch over the entire weekend.

**Some good competition here for Cass

Got Cass over Parris handily.

That would truly surprise me. Parris is one hell of an athlete and has a pretty wide offensive arsenal. Now, Cass should have a decent size advantage, but I would be very surprised if it wasn't a pretty close match.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
That would truly surprise me. Parris is one hell of an athlete and has a pretty wide offensive arsenal. Now, Cass should have a decent size advantage, but I would be very surprised if it wasn't a pretty close match.
The score might be close, as it tends to be in top level heavyweight matches, but I think Cass completely controls it. Coon only beat Stoll 3-2 in a dual this year.

Reactions: Grip220

Seen a lot of Parris freestyle matches have you?

Seen a lot of Parris freestyle matches have you?

Is that a prerequisite to saying a kid is a talented wrestler? Did I even say Parris would or even could win?

Parris is the real deal. Never really having to deal with push outs and leg laces isn't going to change that. He moves extremely well on his feet and has a very strong gas tank. That should transition very well into Free.

With that said, I wasn't diminishing Cass. I think you guys have the makings of a 4x top 5 guy. It is just Parris is ALSO on that level.

Reactions: Sandor45
Is that a prerequisite to saying a kid is a talented wrestler? Did I even say Parris would or even could win?

Parris is the real deal. Never really having to deal with push outs and leg laces isn't going to change that. He moves extremely well on his feet and has a very strong gas tank. That should transition very well into Free.

With that said, I wasn't diminishing Cass. I think you guys have the makings of a 4x top 5 guy. It is just Parris is ALSO on that level.
Have you seen alot of his freestyle matches?

Reactions: el dub
Next week, but here is a tidbit from Flo

285: Cassioppi vs Parris vs Hutmacher
Throw a big ol' steak in the center and just let 'em go at it. Two of these guys-Cassioppi and Hutmacher-were at the top of the podiums last year. Now you throw them in the same bracket with the manchild that is Mason Parris, who is making his first appearance in Fargo, and you’ve got a recipe for the best disaster ever. Parris has been prepping with Greco World Team Member Adam Coon so don’t be surprised if you see him lock up a little upper body trick. But with how Parris has performed on his feet in folkstyle, I think he will transition nicely. However, Cassioppi probably isn’t the type to try anything like that against. He’s been pretty phenomenal with losses only coming to Gable Steveson. In the end, this bracket will be one of the best to watch over the entire weekend.

**Some good competition here for Cass
Cassis too big for him. Pariss is small

Reactions: SDHN2013 and el dub
Have you seen alot of his freestyle matches?
I don’t think anyone has, I am certainly looking forward to it. Cassioppi has dominated a lot of competition but we haven’t seen him up against the best high school heavyweights other than Gable much. Wish we could see a tournament where Cass, Gable, Parris, Shultz, Nevills, and Kerkvliet all attend. Parris is a complete novice in freestyle but his style imo fits very very well with it

Reactions: funnyfletcher
Why would Costello come to Iowa now knowing Cass in room for duration of career. Good wrestler but...

I don’t think anyone has, I am certainly looking forward to it. Cassioppi has dominated a lot of competition but we haven’t seen him up against the best high school heavyweights other than Gable much. Wish we could see a tournament where Cass, Gable, Parris, Shultz, Nevills, and Kerkvliet all attend. Parris is a complete novice in freestyle but his style imo fits very very well with it

it's hard for Cass to wrestle Parris and Kerkvliet since they don't wrestle HWT. Nevillis dodges Cass every chance he can (wink wink). Cass enters about every tourney there is, not his fault no one except Gable shows up. Cass has also wrestled Schulz before.. maybe Greco

Why would Costello come to Iowa now knowing Cass in room for duration of career. Good wrestler but...

Maybe you need a timeline but Costello was already in the fold when Cass committed. And if Costello is any kind of competitor, he believes he can beat Cass.

That said, Costello wasn't a big time recruit, so getting a shot at Iowa was big time for him and a dream come true.

Maybe you need a timeline but Costello was already in the fold when Cass committed. And if Costello is any kind of competitor, he believes he can beat Cass.

That said, Costello wasn't a big time recruit, so getting a shot at Iowa was big time for him and a dream come true.

I think he did get up to number 12 in the nation. Definitely a decent backup.

Like I was told by another poster, you get real defensive when someone disagrees with you. He was right asshole.

Wow, talk about an overreaction. My response was about as light hearted as someone could get when responding to someone that literally repeated a question that didn't need to be asked again.

To answer your question in the least defensive way possible: No, I have not watched many Parris freestyle matches. Considering how many he has wrestled, is that ok?

The #12 recruit at a weight isn't a big time recruit. Of course it doesn't mean someone at that level can't develop, particularly heavies. But I do agree with your other comment. Good guy to have around. Having 3-4 heavies in the room is great. I'm not trying to demean or talk bad about him, just responding to someones odd comment.

I didn’t know if that comment from Spicolli was fake news or not.

Pretty sure he meant that they hadn't wrestled Cass's weight so far and he shouldn't be penalized for that since he basically wrestles at EVERY event possible!

Kid is a mat rat and you will be benefiting strongly from that then next 5 years or so.

9b5c8fc88ca60a94b5db4e07c9b50fae.jpg

it's hard for Cass to wrestle Parris and Kerkvliet since they don't wrestle HWT. Nevillis dodges Cass every chance he can (wink wink). Cass enters about every tourney there is, not his fault no one except Gable shows up. Cass has also wrestled Schulz before.. maybe Greco
Parris wrestled heavyweight at Flonats and Cassioppi wasn’t there. Parris wrestled heavyweight at Disney Duals in the all star division but Cassioppi went to the smaller division. Kerkvliet bumped up to face Gable in the dual. Having them both up to heavyweight at some tourney to get experience wrestling the weight they are going in college isn’t inconceivable. And I wasn’t really thinking it would happen, just wishing the wrestling community could have the pleasure to see something like that.

It’s great that Cassioppi gets out and wrestles that much out of season and I love that about him, but I don’t really hold that against other wrestlers. For one not every family can afford to send their kid to a dozen out of state events a year. Other kids like Parris also are heavily involved in other sports. Parris was a low Big Ten level football recruit and a state qualifier in track so naturally he isn’t going to go to a ton of offseason events for wrestling.

The #12 recruit at a weight isn't a big time recruit. Of course it doesn't mean someone at that level can't develop, particularly heavies. But I do agree with your other comment. Good guy to have around. Having 3-4 heavies in the room is great. I'm not trying to demean or talk bad about him, just responding to someones odd comment.

I knew what you meant just wanted to add he was nationally ranked , that’s all brotha

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT