ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo

I think he did get up to number 12 in the nation. Definitely a decent backup.

As a reference, I think Nelson Brands, who many here have high hopes for, ended up #10 in his weight class on Intermat, and FLO not even putting him in the top 20 at 160#.

Reactions: natchrlman
The #12 recruit at a weight isn't a big time recruit. Of course it doesn't mean someone at that level can't develop, particularly heavies. But I do agree with your other comment. Good guy to have around. Having 3-4 heavies in the room is great. I'm not trying to demean or talk bad about him, just responding to someones odd comment.
As close as this season should be I think we will see a lot more back-ups this season. Healthy in March and all that.

LoL at the fools that say Parris won't be competitive with Cass because he hasn't wrestled freestyle at Hwt. Like it's some kind of rocket science.
tumblr_lql6cjIcfM1qz5uq6o1_500.gif

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I do not think Parris will have any separation criteria due to his lack of freestyle experience. That means he could just be thrown into the bracket and possibly face Cass early in the tournament.

Anyone who thinks Parris won’t compete with Cass is rousing MSU. He is a stud, will be a good match. If Cass whoops up, I’d be extremely happy. Go hawks

Reactions: depelland
Anyone who thinks Parris won’t compete with Cass is rousing MSU. He is a stud, will be a good match. If Cass whoops up, I’d be extremely happy. Go hawks

Parris is damn good from what I've seen but does not have a huge body of work because as others have said, he was into other sports. Cass is one of the most well wrestled dudes in high school...won Fargo, Pan Am etc but Parris was still ranked ahead of him because essentially, he dazzled at one tourney...Flonats.

MP could very well be the next Kyle Snyder...I guess we will see.

Reactions: DirkTang1
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I do not think Parris will have any separation criteria due to his lack of freestyle experience. That means he could just be thrown into the bracket and possibly face Cass early in the tournament.
Unless he won a regional bracket I didn't notice, you are correct.

I heard a local sports radio guest call Hutmacher "Polar Bear" a couple months ago. Says Nash is undecided whether he wants to play football or wrestle at the next level but he apparently already has a few major college football offers and several more are showing interest.

According to 247, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Iowa State are his football offers.

Last edited:
I heard a local sports radio guest call Hutmacher "Polar Bear" a couple months ago. Says Nash is undecided whether he wants to play football or wrestle at the next level but he apparently already has a few major college football offers and several more are showing interest.
If he believes NFL dollars are in his future he will go the football route. That is the ultimate decider of a kid that highly regarded in wrestling. There are some lesser wrestling recruits that go football because they like it better or a full ride versus considerably less. If less than a likely NFL prospect, wrestling will likely give him more glory and a full ride if he wants it at most of the 70+ D1 programs.

Reactions: crablegs1

According to 247, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Iowa State are his football offers.

Why go to 247 when you're already on Rivals?

He's only a junior in the fall so still a ways to go.

I've always like Nelson as a prospect. Couldn't justify his ranking, but that's just a number next to your name. I think Nelson will give you guys solid (starting Iowa Hawkeye level) production. might take a couple years.

Chief, you are mistaken re: Parris > Cass ranking. Parris was not ranked higher than Cass b/c he 'dazzled at one tournament'. He had a head-to-head win over Cohlton Schultz, which also happened to come before Cass became the Cass we know now. There was no reason for me to have Cass jump Parris.

Parris is gonna be a big problem in D1 comp
I think his ceiling it higher than just about any recruit in his class.
If Gable wins 4NCs, it might have to go through one if the most taleneted heavyweight class in recent memory

Reactions: Grip220
I've always like Nelson as a prospect. Couldn't justify his ranking, but that's just a number next to your name. I think Nelson will give you guys solid (starting Iowa Hawkeye level) production. might take a couple years.

Chief, you are mistaken re: Parris > Cass ranking. Parris was not ranked higher than Cass b/c he 'dazzled at one tournament'. He had a head-to-head win over Cohlton Schultz, which also happened to come before Cass became the Cass we know now. There was no reason for me to have Cass jump Parris.

I could see Nelson making it to the quarters, he could face Braunagel, I think he’s wrestled him a couple times. Could face Franek in the semis.

Been busy and not much time to look this up, but who else in Fargo we should be watching? Kennedy and Glaser wresting? How about Happel, Schriever, Assad, Balmeceda, Howard and other recruits we may be after?

Last edited:
Reactions: andegre
<<I've always like Nelson as a prospect. Couldn't justify his ranking, but that's just a number next to your name. I think Nelson will give you guys solid (starting Iowa Hawkeye level) production. might take a couple years.>>

It appears from the eye test that he is getting better and better every day. This should be a good tourney to see how he measures up against some good competition.

Hard to imagine him outside the top 8...I think there are only a couple guts in the bracket that can test him.

We will see!

There don’t appear to be many of the guys ranked ahead of Nelson at this tournament? Franek who is only 1-2 spots higher. Anyone else?

Been busy and not much time to look this up, but who else in Fargo we should be watching? Kennedy and Glaser wresting? How about Happel, Schriever, Assad, Balmeceda, Howard and other recruits we may be after?

Eli Griffin, Kael Brisker, Schriever, Happel, DeVos, Brands, Broderson, Pressey, G. Christenson, Cass are some to keep an eye on. I didn’t see Kennedy, Glazier, Assad, Balmeceda or Howard listed. Cass’ little bro, Giovanni is also there at 138

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT