ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo

Nice matches by the Iowa recruits.

Wrestlestat has them at 165 & 174.

I'd like to see Nelson Brands at 165, have Kennedy for four years at 174 and have Assad for four years at 184.

I don't see Glazier as a starter.

And maybe Paddy Gallagher at 157. He seems to be a lot like Marinelli in terms of growth plus he lines up pretty well being class of 21.

And maybe Paddy Gallagher at 157. He seems to be a lot like Marinelli in terms of growth plus he lines up pretty well being class of 21.

Seems like we've been linked to a couple of good prospects in this weight area like Vasquez in Cali and Facundo (all that has dropped of). Are we out on them and in on Paddy now? You have much closer ties to the program then I do.

Seems like we've been linked to a couple of good prospects in this weight area like Vasquez in Cali and Facundo (all that has dropped of). Are we out on them and in on Paddy now? You have much closer ties to the program then I do.

I think Facundo will end up a 74 or 84 by the time he is done with H.S. But yea, Vazquez and Gallagher would be the two big recruits for either 49/57...we also have Sokol for 41/49. I don't know about Vazquez but I do know that Heffernan is coach at St. Edwards where Paddy goes. I think the whole team was in here for a camp at some point this past year...they had two champs this weekend with Rini at 126 as well.

Nice job coming back for Abe there. That was a very even match. The late lace blew it open.

I'll preface this by saying that Assad is a good recruit, but those on here that continue to hope/believe he's going to step right in next year and push Wilcke need to lower their expectations. Right now, he's somewhat limited on his feet, and that's against high school competition. He's going to have a very hard time scoring against college guys until he improves there. I think he's a guy that can qualify for the national tournament as a freshman and sophomore and place as an upperclassman with a ceiling of 3-5. Hopefully, this isn't the case and he'll make big jumps in the room, but he's already gotten a lot of high level coaching. I think Alex Meyer, with maybe a little more athleticism, is a pretty good comparison as it stands right now.
You obviously have know idea about Assad

Nice job coming back for Abe there. That was a very even match. The late lace blew it open.

I'll preface this by saying that Assad is a good recruit, but those on here that continue to hope/believe he's going to step right in next year and push Wilcke need to lower their expectations. Right now, he's somewhat limited on his feet, and that's against high school competition. He's going to have a very hard time scoring against college guys until he improves there. I think he's a guy that can qualify for the national tournament as a freshman and sophomore and place as an upperclassman with a ceiling of 3-5. Hopefully, this isn't the case and he'll make big jumps in the room, but he's already gotten a lot of high level coaching. I think Alex Meyer, with maybe a little more athleticism, is a pretty good comparison as it stands right now.
This post has a burk11 level of stupidity. I didn't respond yesterday assuming you were drunk and would delete it.

I think what impresses me is the adjustments and what he is able to do athletically...besides the typical wrestling technique. Hitting that ankle on the reattack on a guy like that was a beauty.
“Here want an ankle?”
“Why...thank you for asking.”
Flo boys had a little...whoa, wow going on.
Best move of the finals.
Kennedy has a sweet ankle pick too.

Reactions: IAChief32
G

Does Kennedy look small to anyone else?

He is compared to the weights he wrestles. I believe he wrestled and won state at 182 his sophomore year. Probably doesn’t cut that much to get to 170. That’s why his semifinal guy from NJ gave him a bit of trouble. Shorter and stockier than him. Probably not used to that.

Reactions: pml_dad
Cadets finished like 17 or some shite Ugh,... Gotta get those young men top 8(We have the talent!). Good showing for our Jrs of course we didnt have Reeves an Schreiver an few others who coulda AA'd i believe.
Yes, anyone who has Drakes Match please post it!
Snafu on flo's part.
:)
Go Hawks

This post has a burk11 level of stupidity. I didn't respond yesterday assuming you were drunk and would delete it.
Lol really? Care to address anything I actually wrote? I wrote that after he had to come from behind in the last minute to beat the eventual 8th place finisher (who was teched in his 7th place match) where he struggled to get to legs. He's also struggled to get to legs against other high level competition as well. He was beaten by Halvorson because he couldn't score. He was beaten by Winston because he couldn't score. He was beaten by Plott at junior duals because he couldn't get his offense going. I believe he also had a loss to Keckeisen this spring. He was blanked by Trent Hidlay and was getting controlled by Jessen until he hit a headlock down 6-0. His best win is Gavin Hoffman in a 1 takedown match. Hoffman's best win this year was probably Brandon Krone in OT and was nearly majored by Reinhardt from Wisconsin (who Wilcke beat 3-4 times pretty comfortably btw).

With all that being said, I still said he is a good recruit. My only point is that the people on here that are so desperate to get Wilcke out of the lineup are delusional if they think Assad is a significantly better option right away. Assad is a grinder. He wins tough, close matches by staying in good position, handfighting hard, and re attacking. Unless he drastically changes his style, he's not going to score a bunch of bonus. I think Assad will be better than Wilcke long term, but he is an obvious case of a kid that needs a redshirt year to develop his attacks and work on his mat wrestling (he struggled on bottom against Winston).

After his final with Plott, in his optimized form I think he reminds me more of Brooks than Meyer. A little more athletic than I thought, but still a little too straight on with his offense. A really tough, great guy to have in the lineup who can contend for a title late in his career if he maximizes his potential. But we should also remember that Sammy, who was ranked similarly out of high school, didn't place until his junior year. 184 is consistently one of the deepest weights in the country. Nothing is a given for recruits in that weight range.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT