ADVERTISEMENT

Fast forward to Dec 1st, this year.........

If Luka returns, the Hawkeyes will easily be in the Top 5, when December 1 rolls around.
Maybe like #4 with a bullet beside the ranking.
Going Up!!!

Who knows? We may not have even played our first game by December 1st. I don't even care where we're ranked. If the AP voters can steal the NPOY away from Luka, they can certainly affect the rankings. It's obviously been politicized and biased. I just care about winning games. All the rest is just window dressing.

Reactions: 1inamillion
Delay the start of the season like NBA.
Get vaccine out there and have May Madness.

There won’t be any college sports this year, maybe a few football games before they have massive Covid outbreaks and shut down

I sure can and I will be first in line. Hopefully before the end of the year.

no thanks. this thing is gonna get fast-tracked like no other. I shutter at the number of steps in the protocol that will be rushed.

usually if someone makes an unsafe product for public consumption, there are consequences for it.......but guess what, whoever makes your vaccine has complete immunity from you taking legal action against them. No matter how bad it screws you up.

I think I will sit back and see how many people grow a tail from this vaccine before getting in line. besides, what makes you think it will be any more effective than the flu vaccine. That thing is a complete joke.

no thanks. this thing is gonna get fast-tracked like no other. I shutter at the number of steps in the protocol that will be rushed.

usually if someone makes an unsafe product for public consumption, there are consequences for it.......but guess what, whoever makes your vaccine has complete immunity from you taking legal action against them. No matter how bad it screws you up.

I think I will sit back and see how many people grow a tail from this vaccine before getting in line. besides, what makes you think it will be any more effective than the flu vaccine. That thing is a complete joke.
I get the flu vaccine every year and I have not had the flu since I have taken the flu shots. We all make our own choices.

Reactions: BBHawk and Ronman
I get the flu vaccine every year and I have not had the flu since I have taken the flu shots. We all make our own choices.
This. And I work with several people who never get the flu vaccine, get sick, then miss a lot of work. The ones who work sick are even because they infect the other non-vaxxers!

This. And I work with several people who never get the flu vaccine, get sick, then miss a lot of work. The ones who work sick are even because they infect the other non-vaxxers!

suterman said it best in that we all make our own choices. I know a lot of people who get flu vaccines every single year. Some still get the flu, some don't......and I don't tell any of them they are right or wrong.

My family does not get it, and we don't get the flu. But we are all very active, and I am pretty strict with our food choices.

the only person I get pissed at is the one whose shopping cart is overflowing with rootbeer, cheetos, and ding-dongs, and who sits on their a$$ all day.......but tries to shame me because they got their flu shot and I didn't.

Reactions: kceasthawk
suterman said it best in that we all make our own choices. I know a lot of people who get flu vaccines every single year. Some still get the flu, some don't......and I don't tell any of them they are right or wrong.

My family does not get it, and we don't get the flu. But we are all very active, and I am pretty strict with our food choices.

the only person I get pissed at is the one whose shopping cart is overflowing with rootbeer, cheetos, and ding-dongs, and who sits on their a$$ all day.......but tries to shame me because they got their flu shot and I didn't.
You are damn lucky if you don't get a flu shot and never get the flu. Odds are against that.

And getting a flu shot is not a guarantee that you won't get the flu, just better odds, because it only protects you against the most common flu. Still it has helped me for many of my 62 years.

I hope the team gets vaccinated!

You are damn lucky if you don't get a flu shot and never get the flu. Odds are against that.

And getting a flu shot is not a guarantee that you won't get the flu, just better odds, because it only protects you against the most common flu. Still it has helped me for many of my 62 years.

I hope the team gets vaccinated!

I am glad you have been healthy, and I hope you stay that way for a long, long time.

it's not luck, luck has nothing to do with it. It's how I live my lifestyle that keeps me from getting sick. It's like having a great strength and conditioning program......then someone saying "they are damn lucky they haven't had any hamstring injuries this season". BS.......luck is what people who are not prepared rely on.

Well, then there's Moi. If I get the Flu shot, I get the Flu.
Last year, I didn't get it and sailed right thru the season.

#gohawks

Reactions: BBHawk
I am glad you have been healthy, and I hope you stay that way for a long, long time.

it's not luck, luck has nothing to do with it. It's how I live my lifestyle that keeps me from getting sick. It's like having a great strength and conditioning program......then someone saying "they are damn lucky they haven't had any hamstring injuries this season". BS.......luck is what people who are not prepared rely on.

That's funny, it seems for me, that the harder I
WORK, the luckier I get. Oh and Prayers help a lot, too.

#gohawks

? Getting or not getting the flu from a virus is a matter of luck unless you live in a bubble or get a flu shot for that particular virus...

? Getting or not getting the flu from a virus is a matter of luck unless you live in a bubble or get a flu shot for that particular virus...

Coming into contact with the virus may be an act of coincidence, or luck as you say. But if you have a healthy, strong, and prepared immune system, then you not getting the flu from the flu virus is not at all about luck. It’s about having your immune system ready to do what it is supposed to do.

It’s that attitude that has been taught to us by people running our healthcare system that has resulted in pharmaceutical companies being more powerful than god.

don’t worry about what you eat or how you live, we have a vaccine for that, and a pill for this, and drugs for that. Oh don’t worry about the side effects, they are mild.

Last edited:
Coming into contact with the virus may be an act of coincidence, or luck as you say. But if you have a healthy, strong, and prepared immune system, then you not getting the flu from the flu virus is not at all about luck. It’s about having your immune system ready to do what it is supposed to do.

It’s that attitude that has been taught to us by people running our healthcare system that has resulted in pharmaceutical companies being more powerful than god.

don’t worry about what you eat or how you live, we have a vaccine for that, and a pill for this, and drugs for that. Oh don’t worry about the side effects, they are mild.
Those things help you to fight a virus but you'll still get sick unless you are living in a bubble. Those of us who had to work long hours, stay up with sick family members, etc., don't have the luxury of focusing solely on our own health.

I'm a firm believer in vaccines. I got the flu back in the late '80's that hit me so hard, I was almost wishing to die. Since then, I have gotten a yearly flu shot and have never gotten the flu. For a shot that many claim is largely ineffective, that's a pretty good run to me. It is definitely worth a few bucks to me to have the protection.

Reactions: Suterman

Made me think of Tom Clancy's book Rainbow Six...

ADVERTISEMENT