ADVERTISEMENT

Fastest Back on the Iowa team as of now

When healthy, Ivory Kelly-Martin among returning backs, but Tyler Goodson will challenge him. Gavin Williams is probably faster than both of them once he arrives next year.
giphy.gif

Tavian was the fastest rb iowa has ever had I don't believe he ever got caught from behind while at iowa when he got into open space just looked it up he ran a 4.28 at his pro day plus he was very elusive and soccer skills were off the charts
Don't want to burst any bubbles, and I agree he had great speed. But, he was not elusive. It was frustrating how often he did not make it to the second level. I bet his YPC was quite low. He probably should have tried pro-soccer in Europe.

Reactions: BCRoss89
Don't want to burst any bubbles, and I agree he had great speed. But, he was not elusive. It was frustrating how often he did not make it to the second level. I bet his YPC was quite low. He probably should have tried pro-soccer in Europe.
He had great cutting ability he just couldnt break tackles. I bet his yards after contact was pretty low. Side note- Jermelle Lewis probably runs for 2,000 if he got most of the carries behind that 2002 line. At least 1,800.

Trey Jackson from Newton, Brandon Wegher from Sioux City had crazy speed.

I doubt Tavian ever ran a 4.28 40. Has anybody over 200 lbs ever ran under 4.3 at the combine? He was not as fast as Chris Johnson, im sorry. I would say Canzeri probably ran the fastest rb 40 under Ferentz at 4.39 at his pro day.
I never said he ran a 4.28 at the combine it was at the iowa pro day according to the qc times look it up tavian banks 40 time Google do you think I made that time up by the way Bo Jackson 6'1 227 ran a 4.13 40 Macus Dupree 6'2 225 ran a 4.31

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
I never said he ran a 4.28 at the combine it was at the iowa pro day according to the qc times look it up tavian banks 40 time Google do you think I made that time up by the way Bo Jackson 6'1 227 ran a 4.13 40 Macus Dupree 6'2 225 ran a 4.31
I dont think u made it up I just doubt that he ever ran a 4.28 laser timed 40. Was Iowa's pro day laser timed in 1998? I cant read that whole article cuz i dont subscribe to the QC Times but i certainly believe u. I really would like to have seen Tavian and Tim run a 50 or 100 m dash against each other in 1997.

Reactions: Wadzinator

Herschel Walker as well.

Reactions: Wadzinator
I dont think u made it up I just doubt that he ever ran a 4.28 laser timed 40. Was Iowa's pro day laser timed in 1998? I cant read that whole article cuz i dont subscribe to the QC Times but i certainly believe u. I really would like to have seen Tavian and Tim run a 50 or 100 m dash against each other in 1997.

I think you’d be surprised how accurate hand timing is in a 40 yard dash scenario. The start is perfectly accurate because the watch starts with the gun or whistle. It’s the same person. And with them standing at the finish, their stop click is going to be very reliable. The runner goes right by them. How much could that possibly be off? I’d wager 5 hundredths at most.

Current (eye timed - step up from laser)

IKM 4.51
Sargent 4.55
Young 4.67
Geil 4.72
Goodson 4.47
Byrd 4.55
Its interesting to see how close together everybody is. It really comes down to vision and that first step. I still feel like Sargent would be the best fit for our offensive scheme. We need a built, patient runner. He, like Fred Russel, is a tough find for that second level when you have a bunch of 6'7 300 pounders in front of him.

Apparently they ran against over at the pedestrian mall in 97 and tavian won back to Marcus Dupree learned about him on e 60 good watch you could probably YouTube it definitely recommend it the guy was huge and could run like the wind also kind of a sad story

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
Apparently they ran against over at the pedestrian mall in 97 and tavian won back to Marcus Dupree learned about him on e 60 good watch you could probably YouTube it definitely recommend it the guy was huge and could run like the wind also kind of a sad story

Tavian won easily. Told to me from a friend of mine that saw it.

Here are official NFL Combine times by Iowa RBs (1987-present)

http://nflcombineresults.com/nflcombinedata.php?year=all&pos=RB&college=Iowa

Tavian Banks 4.48
Fred Russell 4.51
Nick Bell 4.52 (at 252 lbs!)
Akrum Wadley 4.54
Ladell Betts 4.60
Kevin Harmon 4.60
Shonn Greene 4.62
Sedrick Shaw 4.62
Tony Stewart 4.72
Mike Saunders 4.83
Mark Wiesman during Iowa Pro Day: 4.61 at 242 lbs.

While it's no secret Pro Day results are often slightly faster than Combine results, modern testing (during our pro day at least) has got them pretty close to what you're seeing them put up at the combine.

Dude wasn't the plodder he was often made out to be on here.

and ya'll act like you forgot about J...

Canzeri

before his acl injury, he was that kind of guy. his hs highlight video was nuts. 9 minutes of him running away from everyone

Jordan Canzeri........a very, very underrated Hawkeye RB, who was so
Key in the Big10 West Championship year. People forget that little
Sparty got a break, when Jordan was injured in the first half.

GO HAWKS !! :)

Jordan Canzeri........a very, very underrated Hawkeye RB, who was so
Key in the Big10 West Championship year. People forget that little
Sparty got a break, when Jordan was injured in the first half.

GO HAWKS !! :)
Kid was fun to watch, would have been interesting to see how things would have been different if he had stayed healthy during his Iowa career.

Kid was fun to watch, would have been interesting to see how things would have been different if he had stayed healthy during his Iowa career.

If you think the reason Weisman got all the carries was because JC couldn't get healthy . . . well, let's just say you don't know the HC at all.

the tropes:
he can't stay healthy
he doesn't know the playbook
he can't block

remember, spin isn't just something you see from news organizations

If you think the reason Weisman got all the carries was because JC couldn't get healthy . . . well, let's just say you don't know the HC at all.

the tropes:
he can't stay healthy
he doesn't know the playbook
he can't block

remember, spin isn't just something you see from news organizations
Name one time where KF used 2 or 3 for Canzeri's lack of touches.

The guy tore his ACL when he was poised to become the feature back and got passed up by Bullock and Garmon, then Weisman came out of nowhere and played great. He then went on to be the 2nd leading rusher 2 years in a row before becoming the feature back again and being unable to stay healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT