ADVERTISEMENT

Fat People on Electric Bikes

Why?

In my community we have about 8 miles of bike paths. So we naturally have a lot of people riding bikes..

Went on a ride today and every obese person I saw was on an electric bike.

Seems self defeating.
I’m always surprised when I see someone actually pedaling an e-bike.

Even more interesting is figuring out who are the multiple DUI or suspended license riders.

Why?

In my community we have about 8 miles of bike paths. So we naturally have a lot of people riding bikes..

Went on a ride today and every obese person I saw was on an electric bike.

Seems self defeating.
If they are out on their bike that means they are getting fresh air and not eating. I'd think you'd be good with that?

Fair enough.

There are no hills where I live so some pedaling probably would do them some good.
Probably. And they may be doing some pedaling. Maybe they are working up on the amount of pedaling they are doing. Since we moved to our new place I have been working on increasing my outside activity. When I started I would be able to walk up our hill once per day. I'm up to 3-4 times per day now. With the elevation I feel pretty good about that.

My mom and dad both used an e bike. They just needed some help in hills. Without the bike they wouldn’t have been able to ride at all. They got some exercise this way.
This is how I choose to look at it. These people could be on the couch, stuffing their face with Twinkies. At least they're getting some fresh air, even if they aren't getting much exercise.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Like a fat guy drinking Diet Cokes

giphy.gif

Probably. And they may be doing some pedaling. Maybe they are working up on the amount of pedaling they are doing. Since we moved to our new place I have been working on increasing my outside activity. When I started I would be able to walk up our hill once per day. I'm up to 3-4 times per day now. With the elevation I feel pretty good about that.
Good for you and keep after it.

I was just making an observation that probably shouldn’t have been made. 😔

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
I think it’s a valid question, and it’s probably four answers:

Some don’t pedal at all
Some use it for the assist
Some pedal a bit
Some pedal the majority of the time.
You are correct. I live in Cape Coral, where it apparently is the law that you have a bike, and ride it. Which is OK with me, and join in. I only use the electric part to cross intersections and traffic lights. Otherwise, I'm pedaling, and as much as these bikes weigh, I'm not surprised that people use the throttle as much as they do. But they're all getting fresh air, a little exercise, and they aren't polluting anything.

Now, if they wouldn't ride 5 abreast and hold up traffic, it'd be paradise.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT