ADVERTISEMENT

Fatal Shooting by Police in Grand Rapids

Been had? There's that reading comprehension again. You do not remember correctly. Terrible memory too. Your handle sure checks out, provided you are actually a wrestling fan.

Try gingko for the memory, I'm not sure there's anything for your other issues.

Do I remember correctly... you are a business owner who took PPP money? If so, I pity the taxpayers.
What do you have your doctorate in?

Belem, nothing personal, but I am absolutely amazed sometimes by the depth of your stupidity.

The suspect got shot in the back of the head because he posed an imminent threat to the officer. Period. He posed an imminent threat to the officer because he was trying to gain control of the officer’s taser, which would have resulted in him having the ability to incapacitate the officer and gain access to his gun.

This is not a difficult judgment to make.
That's ok, I've been feeling for a while that if I agree with you on anything other than trump I'm probably wrong.

The dead guy was 'resisting' but was not making any aggressive moves towards the officer. If he was the officer wouldn't have had the chance to shoot him. He just kept trying to get the officer off him and pushing the taser away when the cop tried to shoot him. From the beginning he tried to talk to the cop. Once the cop got physical he resisted but even when the cop was kicking him in the side he kept saying things like "why you doing this, I'm good." Cop just kept screaming "stop resisting!
This was a master class in escalation/poor police work.

The guy has committed crimes - though not capital - in front of and to the officer and can not/will not identify himself.

This dude needs to be detained at this point until he can provide some ID at least. Whether the string of events he initiated led the officer to make a justifiable shooting is a separate question.
List his crimes. Before and after the cop stopped him.

Again . . . why would I think that a cop who pulled me over for speeding (I can have a heavy foot from time to time) would do anything to me? I don't fit the demographic.

And, while I don't have the time to type it now, I have had an interaction with a cop that resulted in me having a cop pull a gun on me, having to get out of the car, being told that I was placed under arrest, asked to have my hands placed on my trunk and thrown in handcuffs (Illinois computer records mistakenly had my license showing as suspended).

I've had many moments since then where I've felt thankful that I looked the way I looked.

What work are you doing to aid in police reform?

Again . . . why would I think that a cop who pulled me over for speeding (I can have a heavy foot from time to time) would do anything to me? I don't fit the demographic.

And, while I don't have the time to type it now, I have had an interaction with a cop that resulted in me having a cop pull a gun on me, having to get out of the car, being told that I was placed under arrest, asked to have my hands placed on my trunk and thrown in handcuffs (Illinois computer records mistakenly had my license showing as suspended).

I've had many moments since then where I've felt thankful that I looked the way I looked.
Why didn’t you resist you big pussy?

That's ok, I've been feeling for a while that if I agree with you on anything other than trump I'm probably wrong.

The dead guy was 'resisting' but was not making any aggressive moves towards the officer. If he was the officer wouldn't have had the chance to shoot him. He just kept trying to get the officer off him and pushing the taser away when the cop tried to shoot him. From the beginning he tried to talk to the cop. Once the cop got physical he resisted but even when the cop was kicking him in the side he kept saying things like "why you doing this, I'm good." Cop just kept screaming "stop resisting!
This was a master class in escalation/poor police work.
Holy shit are you dumb. At one point the cop had thr guys hands behind his back walking him towards the car and the perp ran again.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
How easy it is to be a cop. It is so obvious.

My former neighbor in Aurora, Illinois is a cop. We've stayed in touch. I get his perspective on things since . . . you know . . . I've never been a cop. Was texting with him last night. You might be surprised that he wasn't exactly a "fan" of how the cop handled the situation. Much of my opinion on the current situation is the result of what he shared with me.

Oh, so you didn't resist arrest.

Some of you on here are really stupid on this topic. It is a fricking traffic ticket. Let him run, get a warrant, pick him up later. This is just dumb, and I can't believe some of you are saying "well if he didn't resist / run".

A traffic ticket. Think about that. Utter waste of life and I hope the cop goes to prison, and the city gets better LEO training.

A traffic ticket.

My former neighbor in Aurora, Illinois is a cop. We've stayed in touch. I get his perspective on things since . . . you know . . . I've never been a cop. Was texting with him last night. You might be surprised that he wasn't exactly a "fan" of how the cop handled the situation. Much of my opinion on the current situation is the result of what he shared with me.
My niece is a cop. I worry this shit is going to happen to her.

Some of you on here are really stupid on this topic. It is a fricking traffic ticket. Let him run, get a warrant, pick him up later. This is just dumb, and I can't believe some of you are saying "well if he didn't resist / run".

A traffic ticket. Think about that. Utter waste of life and I hope the cop goes to prison, and the city gets better LEO training.

A traffic ticket.

And what happens when he's presented later with a warrant?

A traffic ticket.
It's just a pair of shoes, why stop them from stealing, you only endanger yourself.

-

California.

A traffic ticket.
Look! Another derpnado!!!!

A traffic ticket.
I thought you were going to ukraine?

• Love
Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night

A traffic ticket.
Lol, "pick him up later" like they're going to Dave and Busters.

Was it worth it? You can simply get a warrant. Or even easier, just mail them the court date and if he doesn't show, default judgment.

What if it was elderly grandfather that couldn't understand what the officer's commands or understand why they were being pulled over, and felt that they were being put in a box? Shoot them?

The plates, failure to obey a lawful command, resisting arrest ...
The plates. That was the stop. Is that a capital offence? If he went before a judge would get jail time? Life? Executed?
Failure to obey. There's a catch-all huh? Doesn't even have to be a lawful command anymore. Just failed to 'obey'.
Resisting. Ah now we get to it. So much as take too long to unbuckle you seat belt and you're resisting.
It's amazing how so many bad interactions with cops are covered up with 'failure to obey' and 'resisting' and then the citizen is just fighting to stay out of jail instead of questioning why our police are poorly trained or treating the populace like inmates.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
What if it was elderly grandfather that couldn't understand what the officer's commands or understand why they were being pulled over, and felt that they were being put in a box? Shoot them?
Umm, 1) such a person wouldn't/shouldn't legally be driving in the first place nor 2) would they put up much if any resistance.

Get a warrant for whom? How would the cop know that?
Dude they just found a shooter from some grainy subway video in 2 days. You don't think a car even with a sketchy plate and 5 minutes of video of the guy's face wouldn't be able to ID him in a small city?

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Well considering the cop clearly asked the guy if he could understand that wasn't the case.

The plates. That was the stop. Is that a capital offence? If he went before a judge would get jail time? Life? Executed?
Failure to obey. There's a catch-all huh? Doesn't even have to be a lawful command anymore. Just failed to 'obey'.
Resisting. Ah now we get to it. So much as take too long to unbuckle you seat belt and you're resisting.
It's amazing how so many bad interactions with cops are covered up with 'failure to obey' and 'resisting' and then the citizen is just fighting to stay out of jail instead of questioning why our police are poorly trained or treating the populace like inmates.
What's amazing is the hindsight we use to judge these people doing one of the most difficult jobs possible. Whats amazing is your willingness to give one guy a pass and not the other.

What's amazing is the hindsight we use to judge these people doing one of the most difficult jobs possible. Whats amazing is your willingness to give one guy a pass and not the other.

Well one guy committed a traffic offense, and the other shot someone in the back. Hmmm...I wonder why I see the difference

ADVERTISEMENT