• Dallas

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Minneapolis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denver

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • New York

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Pittsburgh (may have parents tag along)

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

runkpanole

HR Legend
Nov 17, 2002
Where do I take my son. I have a flight voucher I have to use before March 31. He’s eight, loves him some baseball. Would be in June and probably three nights max.

We’ve done Atlanta, Miami, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit and Boston (he was only 2 though). I’ve done many others and we are talking about family trips to St. Louis and Chicago.

June is after March? Would the DC/Baltimore idea be to find a weekend they're both playing at home and catch 1 of each? That might a be cool 3 day weekend. I've always thought Camden looked pretty cool on TV.
Yeah. I believe I just have to book before the expiration date.

Yes on the DC/Baltimore. I’ve done it before, but not with my son.

I have not been to the new stadium in Minneapolis, but it is very accessible by light rail from several locations, or from a downtown hotel. June in Minneapolis is usually delightful, and tickets will be plentiful and cheap. The views look excellent on TV.
I have always wanted to go to PNC, it looks amazing on TV, too.
Denver is excellent. Hard pass on the rest.

I'd recommend New York because you can teach him a little history. You've obviously got the Mets and Yankees but you can go see the original Ebbets Field flagpole sitting in front of where they wanted to build a new park, hit the site of Ebbets Field down Flatbush and then hit the best summertime destination of them all for another game, Coney Island

When FSU last went to the World Series I took my dad. He’s a huge baseball fan. Went to most of the home games while they lived in Tally.
My son was only three, so my mom and wife stayed home with the kids.
Need Meat to hurry up and get us there again so the whole family can go and enjoy it.
That’s why I picked Pittsburg.

I’ve taken two of my sons on trips to San Francisco to see the Giants then went to a Raider game the same weekend. Memorable trips for each of them. I’ll take my 3rd son next year but without the Raider game.

San Francisco has a great ballpark (and team). They have pictures with the 3 trophies. There is also a ton of other cool things to see in the Bay Area.

Where do I take my son. I have a flight voucher I have to use before March 31. He’s eight, loves him some baseball. Would be in June and probably three nights max.

We’ve done Atlanta, Miami, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit and Boston (he was only 2 though). I’ve done many others and we are talking about family trips to St. Louis and Chicago.
Been to all of them except Dallas.

if you do DC - Baltimore you can also include Philly.. Advantage of That trip is you can get by on strictly Mass Transit and fly into BWI. Can also do many other things in DC and Baltimore is a fun city And great stadium.

Pittsburgh is fun with the little upscale dining and bar area just across the bridge.

New York is great. Yankee stadium is well worth seeing. Again all mass transit if you would like. Subway is best way to go to a Yankeee game.

Reactions: runkpanole

DC would have the most impactful things for an 8-year old to see in between games.

Do SoCal - first night Chavez Ravine, then Amtrak it to Anaheim for the Angels and then Amtrak (Pacific Coastliner) to San Diego for the Padres. Leave from San Diego home. Super easy.

ADVERTISEMENT