ADVERTISEMENT

Fauci says you can't deny the US has the world's worst COVID-19 outbreak

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
How soon does he get fired?

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauci-says-cant-deny-us-has-worst-covid-19-outbreak-2020-8
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top expert on infectious disease, on Wednesday was unequivocal that the US coronavirus outbreak is the worst in the world.

"We're not quite 5% of the world's population, yet represent 20-25% of the world's infections ... I mean, that has to be the worst. Is it not the worst?" CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta asked Fauci during an interview.

"Yeah, it is quantitatively if you look at it, it is. I mean the numbers don't lie," Fauci said.

His words directly undercut the misleading and rosy picture President Donald Trump has sought to paint around the COVID-19 outbreak in the US, which is part of a broader effort to downplay his administration's failures in responding to the pandemic.

"Every country has suffered. We, the United States, has suffered ... as much or worse than anyone," Fauci said on Wednesday. "I mean when you look at the number of infections and the number of deaths, it really is quite concerning."

"Any demographic group that's not seriously trying to get to the endgame of suppressing this, it will continue to smolder and smolder and smolder," Fauci said.

As of Wednesday, there were over 4.7 million reported cases of COVID-19 in the US, and nearly 158,000 deaths, per the latest data from Johns Hopkins. No other country in the world has higher numbers.

Fauci's comments on Wednesday stood in stark contrast to Trump's recent rhetoric on the US outbreak.

How soon does he get fired?

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauci-says-cant-deny-us-has-worst-covid-19-outbreak-2020-8
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top expert on infectious disease, on Wednesday was unequivocal that the US coronavirus outbreak is the worst in the world.

"We're not quite 5% of the world's population, yet represent 20-25% of the world's infections ... I mean, that has to be the worst. Is it not the worst?" CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta asked Fauci during an interview.

"Yeah, it is quantitatively if you look at it, it is. I mean the numbers don't lie," Fauci said.

His words directly undercut the misleading and rosy picture President Donald Trump has sought to paint around the COVID-19 outbreak in the US, which is part of a broader effort to downplay his administration's failures in responding to the pandemic.

"Every country has suffered. We, the United States, has suffered ... as much or worse than anyone," Fauci said on Wednesday. "I mean when you look at the number of infections and the number of deaths, it really is quite concerning."

"Any demographic group that's not seriously trying to get to the endgame of suppressing this, it will continue to smolder and smolder and smolder," Fauci said.

As of Wednesday, there were over 4.7 million reported cases of COVID-19 in the US, and nearly 158,000 deaths, per the latest data from Johns Hopkins. No other country in the world has higher numbers.

Fauci's comments on Wednesday stood in stark contrast to Trump's recent rhetoric on the US outbreak.

I'm sure we have China's numbers 100% accurate. Our mortality rate is still one of the best. Doesn't take away from the deaths that have happened by any means. Those saying this is all Trump's fault are simply pulling a political narrative because they hate him and can't think objectively.

Those saying this is all Trump's fault are simply pulling a political narrative because they hate him and can't think objectively.
Do you think Trump saying it was a 'hoax' and would 'disappear by April' played into any of his adminstration's response? There was no national approach to testing, PPE, you name it. The federal govt should have mobilized massive resources to address all of this. He said it was like a war but treated it like a sneeze.

Almost everybody is in control of their risk exposure.
Not disagreeing. But they feel entitled to expose themselves and risk others. Who don't have control. Medical personnel, LEO, and other essential workers dont get a choice. While others feel entitled to go to bars, not wear masks, rallies, boating weekends .etc.

So very strange....when I've said this, the MAGAs come out in droves and claim I have no idea what I'm talking about. And I said this weeks (if not months) before Fauci has....:D

Fauci has a partial ownership/patent on several of the covid vaccines

that was recently disclosed by rfk jr

Rfk jr is a lawyer and a very smart guy if he disclosed patent rights then you can be assured that is a fact

Actually I have researched this and Fauci does indeed have partial patent rights on all of the rna vaccines being proposed

robert f Kennedy is an attorney and very nuanced and careful in his statements

you on the other hand are a cackling hyena

Actually Fauci patented a portion of the
Process to making a rna vaccine so he owns a partial interest in all of the potential Covid rna vaccines. This is a novel vaccine as there has never been a rna vaccine previously.

Fleet Farm fails again.
Well, he's just stupid so you can't hold him too accountable. Based on years of joint work on SARS and MERS, the NIH and Moderna signed a contract this past December stating "mRNA coronavirus vaccine candidates [are] developed and jointly owned" by both entities. Think about that timeline. December 2019.

The NIH has filed a couple of patents based on their work with Moderna. FFS's problem is that the rights would belong to the NIH rather than to the NIH scientists who performed the work. The involved scientists have filed a provisional patent for their work but would be limited to a maximum $150,000 annually in compensation. Fauci isn't one of them.

Well, he's just stupid so you can't hold him too accountable. Based on years of joint work on SARS and MERS, the NIH and Moderna signed a contract this past December stating "mRNA coronavirus vaccine candidates [are] developed and jointly owned" by both entities. Think about that timeline. December 2019.

The NIH has filed a couple of patents based on their work with Moderna. FFS's problem is that the rights would belong to the NIH rather than to the NIH scientists who performed the work. The involved scientists have filed a provisional patent for their work but would be limited to a maximum $150,000 annually in compensation. Fauci isn't one of them.
But But But Tucker and Hannity said!!!??!! ****adfakjfkldajklfjfkldasjfkldjasfkldjasklfja

Reactions: unIowa
Actually I have researched this and Fauci does indeed have partial patent rights on all of the rna vaccines being proposed

robert f Kennedy is an attorney and very nuanced and careful in his statements

you on the other hand are a cackling hyena
Do you know what “assignee” means in the patents? It means that Fauci does not have any rights to any royalties. This is standard practice for government employees. So yes, Fauci, like many civil servants has patents. That just means he invented something it does not mean he gets to reap all the benefits.

The man could have made a fortune in private enterprise/big pharma and yet he has dedicated his life to this country. I don’t know why this confuses you or makes him a villain.

Enema of choice for the gay bottom boys...
301320020113.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT