ADVERTISEMENT

Fauci says you can't deny the US has the world's worst COVID-19 outbreak

Do you think Trump saying it was a 'hoax' and would 'disappear by April' played into any of his adminstration's response? There was no national approach to testing, PPE, you name it. The federal govt should have mobilized massive resources to address all of this. He said it was like a war but treated it like a sneeze.
Except he didn't say the virus was a hoax, and you know that

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
How soon does he get fired?

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauci-says-cant-deny-us-has-worst-covid-19-outbreak-2020-8
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top expert on infectious disease, on Wednesday was unequivocal that the US coronavirus outbreak is the worst in the world.

"We're not quite 5% of the world's population, yet represent 20-25% of the world's infections ... I mean, that has to be the worst. Is it not the worst?" CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta asked Fauci during an interview.

"Yeah, it is quantitatively if you look at it, it is. I mean the numbers don't lie," Fauci said.

His words directly undercut the misleading and rosy picture President Donald Trump has sought to paint around the COVID-19 outbreak in the US, which is part of a broader effort to downplay his administration's failures in responding to the pandemic.

"Every country has suffered. We, the United States, has suffered ... as much or worse than anyone," Fauci said on Wednesday. "I mean when you look at the number of infections and the number of deaths, it really is quite concerning."

"Any demographic group that's not seriously trying to get to the endgame of suppressing this, it will continue to smolder and smolder and smolder," Fauci said.

As of Wednesday, there were over 4.7 million reported cases of COVID-19 in the US, and nearly 158,000 deaths, per the latest data from Johns Hopkins. No other country in the world has higher numbers.

Fauci's comments on Wednesday stood in stark contrast to Trump's recent rhetoric on the US outbreak.

Why should he be fired?

The populace is not generally and consistently following the medical guidance, so we have what we have.

Why should he be fired?

The populace is not generally and consistently following the medical guidance, so we have what we have.

• The WH isn't following the medical guidance, either
  • The WH is not repeating the medical guidance
  • The WH is not conveying medical guidance recommendations to the states

Instead, we get:
  • hoax
  • just the flu
  • will be gone in the hot summer
  • will magically disappear
  • masks aren't useful
  • masks are an affront to liberties

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Fauci needs to go away. He is causing more harm than good. He's failed in his position.

For those about to pounce: Trump also needs to go away. He is also a failure.

Actually Fauci patented a portion of the
Process to making a rna vaccine so he owns a partial interest in all of the potential Covid rna vaccines. This is a novel vaccine as there has never been a rna vaccine previously.
That's not necessarily true. The ones I've seen with his name are assigned the good ole US of A. He gets nothing

Fauci needs to go away. He is causing more harm than good. He's failed in his position.

013016tomhanks-forrestgump-575x330.jpg

That's not necessarily true. The ones I've seen with his name are assigned the good ole US of A. He gets nothing

He doesn't get "nothing"; he likely already got a fixed-bonus for the patent authorship. But you are fully correct in that he is not an "assignee" getting any royalties or anything.

Every entity I've worked for gives you $1k -5k per issued patent, capped at a max per year. Don't know the federal government's policy, specifically, but likely similar - you get a small (few thousand) bonus if you successfully submit a patentable idea or process, but you get nothing after.

What you posted here is plain stupid.
That better?

Please explain the harm he is doing. tia

Well, I guess by his own admission since he is in charge of crafting and effectively delivering a message and largely getting the country to commit to a plan and he flat out says that the US response to this virus is the worst in the world (it's not).....That to me is the harm. He needs to move aside.

Well, I guess by his own admission since he is in charge of crafting and effectively delivering a message and largely getting the country to commit to a plan and he flat out says that the US response to this virus is the worst in the world (it's not).....That to me is the harm. He needs to move aside.
Only he is not in charge of the messaging. Trump is.

There is a 150000 royalty fee allowed in addition to Gates heavy “investment”

there are several articles you can research which back this

And to be fair to Fauci. The media needs to get their teeth out of this. There is no meat left. It's just bone.

Fauci has a partial ownership/patent on several of the covid vaccines

that was recently disclosed by rfk jr

Even if this is true, does it matter? Fauci was trusted by the Trump Administration since January. Now that he is contradicting the President, he can no longer be trusted? I would say anyone who does not contradict Trump at this point can no longer be trusted. This is based on the interviews Trump has given with his selective charts and data.

No; he is not "in charge of delivering the message".

He has to work within what the WH will let him do.
You're assigning Trump's failures to Fauci, which is simply asinine.

Only he is not in charge of the messaging. Trump is.

Weird. Because I constantly see interviews, headlines, quotes, more interviews....all with Fauci. He absolutely has a heavy hand in the messaging. As does Trump. And Trump sucks. He's a failure.

Even if this is true, does it matter? Fauci was trusted by the Trump Administration since January. Now that he is contradicting the President, he can no longer be trusted? I would say anyone who does not contradict Trump at this point can no longer be trusted. This is based on the interviews Trump has given with his selective charts and data.
It really has nothing to do with trump other than trump is an idiot for allowing this

Fauci is a disaster and should have been fired long ago

put your goggles on

No; he is not "in charge of delivering the message".

He has to work within what the WH will let him do.
You're assigning Trump's failures to Fauci, which is simply asinine.

Ok. Believe what you want and I'll do the same. Have a good one man.

There is a 150000 royalty fee allowed in addition to Gates heavy “investment”

there are several articles you can research which back this

No, there is not a "150000 royalty fee" going to Fauci.

Link the articles.
Link the patents. Where he is an "assignee", NOT simply an author.

I have over 2 dozen patents. I have zero royalties from them; probably made $20-30k off "bonuses" over the years, but the companies they were assigned to own them. And UNLESS they license them to other entities, THEY don't make a penny off of them, either.

You truly do not seem to understand how "patents" work.
You probably also fall for the "GM patented a carburetor in the '70s that got 80 mpg and then hid it" bullshit. You cannot 'hide' a patent. If an 80 mpg carburetor existed in the 70s, it'd be off-patent now, and in every gas vehicle everywhere. Only it doesn't exist, because fuel injection tech is far more efficient nowadays.

It really has nothing to do with trump other than trump is an idiot for allowing this

Fauci is a disaster and should have been fired long ago

put your goggles on

Who do you propose take Fauci’s place? Trump would have replaced him by now if he had a better option. Fauci has been involved in multiple pandemics with different Presidents through the years. He has made mistakes, which is going to happen when there are unknown variables at play, but he has reassessed the situation and made new recommendations. That is what my goggles show.

Fauci is extremely corrupt and incompetent

He has partnered with the gates foundation

See, now this user ID i could see as a bot. Insistence on making noise that offers no substantial information and just repeating the same message in poorly grammar and sentence fragments.

Any evidence to the corruption?
We can find the court cases that show Trump is.

Yes Fauci has a financial interest and a patent related to a vaccine
You keep saying the same thing, but you don’t post a link. Please post a link that supports your claim. If you cannot, or will not, then you cannot be taken seriously and are just wasting everyone’s time - including your own.

Why not win this argument by posting a link that backs up your claim? Is it because you cannot find one?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT