ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite bowl game to attend in person.

2015-2016 Rose Bowl trip. The game sucked, the stadium is way over-rated and sucks, but we went the the 2nd-to-last ever Motley Crue concert at the Staples Center which was all kinds of awesome.

2006 Outback Bowl against Florida. Tampa/Ybor City was fun, game sucked, Florida fans suck, refs sucked, but met some LSU fans on NY Eve in Ybor City and they were loads of fun. They just happened to be there, LSU was beating up on ND that bowl season someplace else, I recall.

I'd take Tampa over LA if I had to pick one to visit again.
This. I loved being in LA but the stadium wasn’t as great as it’s hyped to be.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
I’ve heard the Alamo was a really great time. Small enough town to navigate and be in the action. Hope the conference ties back to that bowl, I’d like to go sometime.

Alamo is a great time. The Riverwalk is awesome at bowl time and you can walk to the stadium. It was one of the Top ones I've gone too. The Sugar Bowl is another fun ass bowl game just because New Orleans is already nuts and then add college football on to it.

The worst for me was the Rose Bowl. I just hate that stadium. I've been to it a few times for other games and that place just sucks.

The 2010 Orange Bowl was awesome in every way except temperature. Might as well have been Fall in Iowa. Remember getting chilled to the bone and having to pull my coat on walking in to the stadium.

Somehow the timing has never been right on the Outback Bowl. ALMOST went to the last one. Want to go sometime. Always hear great things about the experience from others.

2001 Orange Bowl until after the kickoff and the 2015 Rose Bowl until the game started in that order .. but seriously I think it was in 1995 or 96 when Iowa paid the Washington Huskies back when Tim Dwight and Tavian Banks had a brilliant 76 yard scant

I have the same seats for the Alamobowl every year. Morning at the Alamo, lunch at the Buckhorn, a little time at the Old Market in the afternoon, all the pre-game hoopla outside the stadium, the game, then Ritas on the River for after game Margs, if it's still open.

I have been to the Sugar, Gator, Peach, Cotton, Liberty, Independence, Outback, Citrus, Belk, Bluebonnet, Rose and Houston bowls. I had fun at all of them.

Obviously some of the venues are lesser than others. The Belk didn't seem like much of a bowl game. Also, the Houston Bowl was lacking.

Since Georgia already goes to Jacksonville every year, the Gator isn't overly exciting other than the fact that we would play a team with more class than an annual opponent in Jax.

This was tough for me. I’ve been to the Outback bowl twice which was a fun experience. The Rose Bowl was also fun to be at, not watch.

Rose Bowl for the experience

Capital One for the game

Holiday was great last year. Always like the Outback Bowl even when we get hosed. Orange Bowl is a blast.

Would like to go the the Sugar. Fiesta would be a nice easy trip, but Phoenix never feels super special. I know people love San Antonio, but that game never meant enough for me to really care.

Rose is the one I will go to every time.

Based on what Iowa fans have said, the Big Ten should keep long-term agreements with the Holiday Bowl and the Alamo Bowl. Hawkeye fans have great experiences in both places.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT