ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Bowl Games

hawkeyeguy69

HR All-American
Oct 1, 2001
I have a buddy who is not too into football, but his son is starting to play. So, I thought I would get them into the Hawks(the kid is huge and athletic, might as well as start recruiting now).

What are some of your favorite bowl games of recent years (late Fry or KF)? Or even regular season games?

Iowa vs LSU in 2004 was one of my favorites. Beat a highly ranked Nick Saban LSU team at the last minute after leading most of the game, was phenomenal!

Sun Bowl vs Washington. Shaw and Banks both rushed for 120+ yards.

Outback Bowl vs Spurrier's Gamecocks.

Freedom Bowl vs Texas...Hawks/Chuck Long, dominated.

Peach Bowl vs Tenn....First Iowa Bowl victory I watched (on tv)..

Reactions: hawkeyeguy69
The Orange Bowl vs Georgia Tech, all the TV "experts" had GT crushing Iowa and all I heard was that Iowa won't be able to handle the triple option. If it wasn't for the pick 6 interception by Stanzi the score wouldn't have been that close. If I recall correctly GT had barely any Offensive yards in the first half.

Reactions: cleotishaywood
The Orange Bowl vs Georgia Tech, all the TV "experts" had GT crushing Iowa and all I heard was that Iowa won't be able to handle the triple option. If it wasn't for the pick 6 interception by Stanzi the score wouldn't have been that close. If I recall correctly GT had barely any Offensive yards in the first half.

http://www.espn.com/ncf/boxscore/_/id/300050059

GT had 12 yards passing. Has to be a bowl record, yeah?

First Outback Bowl against Florida was pretty fun too, after the 2003 season

Reactions: BigOHawk
First Outback Bowl against Florida was pretty fun too, after the 2003 season
How did all that "SEC speed" work out for the Gators. Russell ran wild on the Gator D, I think FL was mauled in the trenches that day and Nate Chandler steamrolled a few FL DBs...

Reactions: Ree4
Lol Chandler even outran somebody to the pylon for a touchdown IIRC

Lol Chandler even outran somebody to the pylon for a touchdown IIRC
Yup, he certainly lumbered along but was probably moved quicker than you think. Gallery served up a few pancakes that day as well. FL lead 7-0 early and then Iowa poured it on!

And on one play a safety was literally gift wrapped for the defense but they couldn't bring the RB down in the endzone.

Hey, the first half was ridiculous. GT's star QB was like 0 for 12 throwing, and couldn't get back to the line of scrimmage running the option. That was the most impressively prepared Iowa defense I can remember. The fact that we were like 14pt dogs made it so much sweeter. The Insight bowl agaisnt Mizzou was fun for me as well. Living in KC, all week on the radio, it was Mizzou would crush Iowa, and the hawks didn't deserve to be on the field with them. Watching Coker truck those Mizzou LB's and DB's the whole first half was so much fun!

Show him some regular season atmosphere. 2016 Michigan game. Most of the home games have great turnout and awesome atmosphere.

There are several bowl games i liked but the freedom bowl was totally awesome. Chuck Long and company absolutely decimated the Longhorns, they made the state of Iowa awfully proud that night.
Heck of a game by Long. I believe at that time his 6 TD passes was an all time bowl game,(any bowl), record. Wasn't it raining pretty hard during that game as well?

Heck of a game by Long. I believe at that time his 6 TD passes was an all time bowl game,(any bowl), record. Wasn't it raining pretty hard during that game as well?

Yes it was raining or had rained a ton and water was everywhere if i remember correctly. Indeed Long had a great game and made Texas defenders look silly.

Literally?

664542e94372195dd86c3a68e949f123.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT