ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite/Least Favorite Concessions At Kinnick

We rarely purchase any items from concessions. We do collect cups and popcorn tubs from the ground once a year if they have a cool theme. We bring good food from home and tailgate our assess off! Sometimes we eat at a restaurant.

Most, if not all their products are so over priced——but—- I do like their tub of pop corn— seriously— would it break the bank to have a bargain once and a while.
Womens BB seems to be able to give their fans some deals........

Reactions: rabid goat
I buy 2 season tickets and my brother comes to most games with me. He will buy us each a pretzel and a 20oz bottle of Coke.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
I did try to get a chicken Philly once from the grill they had at one point in the SE end zone. The guy touched the raw chicken then touched our bun, ingredients, and so on. I feared cross contamination so I threw it away.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Salted pretzel with cheese guy here. I'm not a hot chocolate guy because it's always been luke warm at best.

I get the salted pretzel (without cheese) almost every time and almost every time it's dried out and hard to chew. So disappointing.

I never want to say anything good about Nebraska, but there's not a lot of things better than watching Iowa blow out the Huskers while drunkingly eating Runzas.

The correct answer is a soft serv ice cream cone after one of the early sunny microwave oven games. Only place I know of they serve it is the SW corner of Kinnick.

Reactions: chuck285
We rarely purchase any items from concessions. We do collect cups and popcorn tubs from the ground once a year if they have a cool theme. We bring good food from home and tailgate our assess off! Sometimes we eat at a restaurant.

We definitely do drinks and food either before or after.

Couple thoughts on this topic. When I go by myself I never buy anything. I understand if you go to a game you’re going to get gouged, but I hate paying out the ass for stuff I can get for a fraction elsewhere. However I go with my son and he always has to get things. The shitty thing about the pretzel is that you have to pay $2 extra for the cheese.

About 7 or 8 years ago I sat next to an old lady at Hilton in Ames at an Iowa ISU wrestling meet. She told me she had worked at Carver Hawkeye in the concessions dept. She said everything you’ve heard about the food is right. The popcorn might have been popped two games ago. And the Brats and Dogs were often cooked and if left over, they just wiped them down and served them at the next event. ENJOY!

Couple thoughts on this topic. When I go by myself I never buy anything. I understand if you go to a game you’re going to get gouged, but I hate paying out the ass for stuff I can get for a fraction elsewhere. However I go with my son and he always has to get things. The shitty thing about the pretzel is that you have to pay $2 extra for the cheese.

About 7 or 8 years ago I sat next to an old lady at Hilton in Ames at an Iowa ISU wrestling meet. She told me she had worked at Carver Hawkeye in the concessions dept. She said everything you’ve heard about the food is right. The popcorn might have been popped two games ago. And the Brats and Dogs were often cooked and if left over, they just wiped them down and served them at the next event. ENJOY!

Hot dogs. They are toxic before they are cooked. So much preservatives in them they will be here many years after humans are gone.

[/QUOTE]

5df0b4d4604963600f453703396c2d2c.png

5df0b4d4604963600f453703396c2d2c.png

[/QUOTE]

I'm cool with that.

Glad to hear so many are supporting the athletic dept. buying so many food items. Water seems to be a big item and lots of ice cream...Still, we do support the Hawks by going to the games and parking....

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Whatever the official beer is when they let consumption commence. They have a damn Coke contract, so I am guessing it will be a crappy beer.

Melrose Ave ribeye sandwiches and if you catch the right guy they will double up the ribeye to get rid of them after the game. Soft serve ice cream at carver is about only good buy after programs. All good for the dunlap disease. haha

Hotdog to try and soak up any booze usually. Never thrilled with the stale pretzels but never stops me from buying one.

Full disclosure, I’m also one of the guys who enters the men’s room via exit door when open. Rain down your hate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT