ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite (Non Political) Machine

hexumhawk

HR Legend
Sep 24, 2003
North Liberty
Let's hear some stories HROT of amazing machines (no cars) you guys have had in your life.

About 15 years ago I bought a push mower from a guy that would fix up old mowers. I only needed it for a ditch and around some landscaping so I took a chance on it. He sold it to me for $30 and guess what...that SOB is still running today. She doesn't look too pretty, but starts every spring and I purposely don't do anything to maintain for the last five years just to see how long it runs. No oil changes, no new spark plugs, ect.

Similar to this model but has self-propel.

getImage

I have a Sony stereo receiver that I used non-stop for 30 years. I still own it, and it still works and sounds great, but I put it out to pasture two months ago because I wanted a few more modern features. I might need to use it in a garage system.

This topic reminds me of a great Guy Clark song.

Reactions: hexumhawk
I went all in on the Awesome Auger! To this day, I use it for all my planting. It's AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

Audio Research LS3. Looks like this. Built in 90s, bought in early 2000s and used daily for hours and hours. Had to replace fuse once. This is my everyday preamp. It is solid state so no worries on replacing tubes. (Music only preamp does have tubes:)

audio-research-(arc)-ls3-solid-state-preamplifier-in-s....preview.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT